galbeedi

Oromo opposition leaders Bekele Garba and Jawar Mohamed reportedly arrested.

galbeedi   

image.png.8ae4093e345078f16212f940fe1b04d6.png
June 30, 2020

OMN announced that Federal Police had arrested Jawar Mohammed on Tuesday.

The media, whose owner is Jawar Mohammed himself who was linked to the killings of 86 people in October 2019, claimed that there was a clash between the Federal Police and Oromia region Security forces, as reported by DW Amharic service on Tuesday.

However, OMN did not say details regarding casualties on both sides.  It claimed that Federal Police members had to get reinforcements to make the arrest.

Bekele Gerba, who is among the senior leadership of Oromo Federalist Party, is also arrested along with Jawar Mohammed. The location of their arrest is undisclosed. Jawar joined the political party last December the legality of which was questioned by the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia on grounds of Jawar’s U.S. citizenship.

The arrest came a day after prominent Ethiopian singer Hachalu Hundessa was assassinated in the capital Addis Ababa in the locality of Gelan Condominiums. Police said on Tuesday that he was killed after he got into his car.

However, Police did not disclose information about the identities of the killed although it has confirmed that it has arrested some suspects.

Hachalu was interviewed by OMN a few days before he was murdered, and there was apparent coordination on the part of those who plotted the killing to make his death appear as if it is linked to the remarks he made over the Emperor Menelik.

Oromia Regional State president, Shimeles Abdissa, said on Tuesday that the killing was an orchestrated one and was intended to bring about chaos in the country.

He pointed fingers to Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) leaders and other political forces who he said were hired mercenaries. Speaking with breaking voices out of grief, Shimeles also said that political entities that are combining peaceful and armed struggle are involved in the campaign to reverse the reform measures in the country.

Lencho Bati, a prominent Oromo activist, and politician who is said to work as an adviser to Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s government said the killing TPLF and Egypt are likely to be behind the killing. But it was executed through the agency of mercenaries hired from the Oromo community, he added.

galbeedi   

Is this TPLF paving the civil war?

The singer was the most celebrated Oromo nationalist movement probably parallel to only Jawar Mohamed.

Queero leaders had blocked major roads including those connecting Jigjiga to harar. One of the Queero hardliners, vowed to kill Abiy like the way way Khaddaffi of libya died.

galbeedi   

Ethiopia closed or border crossings to Sudan, Djibouti, Kenya and Eritrea. Foreign embassies including USA, Canada and Japan had advised their citizens to stay indoors and leave the country if possible.

galbeedi   

It is offical.

All Oromo leaders arrested, including Daud Ibsa of Oromo libertaion Front, Bekele Garba , Hamza Borana and Jawar Mohamed.

The battle between Queero and Oromo Liyuu had started. I hope the Oromo youth will avoid the TPLF traps.

Khadafi   

This could be a conspiracy but as a rationale man I woild say that Amxaaro Abey is  trying secure and eliminate his oromo counterparts.  Caabey sings diffirent tunes with diffirent folks but he is one thing for sure. He belives in the centralised Amhara dominated  Ethiopia .  The famous Oromo singer was killed when he called for Meneleiks statue  to be toppled. That  made the Amhara crazy and Abey took his chance and arrested Jawar.  Jawar is actually the true oromo nationalist  inspired , reformed and ignited oromo naionalism with his Media.  Jawar would have easily beaten  Cabeey Amxaaro in the electiob. The singer was also the obe who coined the tern "Cabeey Amxaaro" in his songs.

Who to blame? The TPLF? i  think they are innocent.   According to a friend of mine, Gunshots can still be heard in Addis Abbaba.  Jawar was pressing Cabeey Amxaaro to rename the city and allocate the city to Oromiya.

Anyways the TPLF  took a brave desicison. They  defied Abey and are planned to have to their election. The fight now will between  The oromos.  

• Thanks 1

The reformist, the democrat, the Nobel Peace Price, the Americans best choice for religion and group...etc all used up in one year.

galbeedi,

You are still seeing Tigray shadow and afraid of it. They are very practical people. The Tigray have given up on Ethiopia going anywhere in terms of development the way it is. You cannot buy Cagjar and friends for few months and convince me that the Somali are OK with eliminating Ethnic Federalism or making alliance with Amxara. You know its fake news. No matter how many times repeated.

The Oromo that are with Abiy are so scared cannot even speak coherently on TV or Radio. The country is at cross roads again as it has been every few decades for centuries.

Every new government starts from zero in different direction than the one before it.

Its sad the Oromo have been had by another Xabeshi again the Amxara and now nobody can get them out of this log jam other than the other Xabesha which is Tigray either from Eritrea or Ethiopia.

The Somali is no where to be found at this time. After 100 year struggle and some self government, the Somali was taken out of the game at the worst time.

in 1990s there were 8 Somali organizations. 4 of them with allies and friends in rest of Ethiopia. 6 of them were determined to have self government at minimum.

5 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

The reformist, the democrat, the Nobel Peace Price, the Americans best choice for religion and group...etc all used up in one year.

galbeedi,

You are still seeing Tigray shadow and afraid of it. They are very practical people. The Tigray have given up on Ethiopia going anywhere in terms of development the way it is. You cannot buy Cagjar and friends for few months and convince me that the Somali are OK with eliminating Ethnic Federalism or making alliance with Amxara. You know its fake news. No matter how many times repeated.

The Oromo that are with Abiy are so scared cannot even speak coherently on TV or Radio. The country is at cross roads again as it has been every few decades for centuries.

Every new government starts from zero in different direction than the one before it.

Its sad the Oromo have been had by another Xabeshi again the Amxara and now nobody can get them out of this log jam other than the other Xabesha which is Tigray either from Eritrea or Ethiopia.

The Somali is no where to be found at this time. After 100 year struggle and some self government, the Somali was taken out of the game at the worst time.

in 1990s there were 8 Somali organizations. 4 of them with allies and friends in rest of Ethiopia. 6 of them were determined to have self government at minimum.

Tigray, don’t worry about Somalis. They’re doing just fine.

On 7/1/2020 at 12:46 AM, galbeedi said:

Where is Che?

We are missing the moral compass and the wise man of SOL Mr. Che.

Brother Che where are you?

I was out of commission for a while. Thanks, MMA for resolving it!

Galbeedi,

The pastor has no longer any support within the Oromo. If there was any hope of them supporting him, he did it away with the asinine move. He was already waging a literal war with Christian West Oromo, and now with Eastern Muslim Oromo, and the South Oromo is under the command post.

Tigray has mobilized its population, its paramilitary force, and regular forces. The pastor lost the plot.

A continued army involvement risks the split of the armed among ethnic lines.

galbeedi   
20 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

The Somali is no where to be found at this time. After 100 year struggle and some self government, the Somali was taken out of the game at the worst time

I hope our Liyu police will not be sacrifised for Amhara power. 

9 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

The pastor has no longer any support within the Oromo. If there was any hope of them supporting him, he did it away with the asinine move. He was already waging a literal war with Christian West Oromo, and now with Eastern Muslim Oromo, and the South Oromo is under the command post.

Che,

Welcome back Ninyahow. Meeshani way kuu baahnayd. We were missing the breaking news from that side.

Anyway, many of us were supporting the preacher for his support and commitment of Somali unity, and our government, but this time he went too far.

This are purely the actions of Amhara. Day in and day out they are calling for the arrest of Jawar and Oromo leadership. A culturally Amhara guy can not lead the Oromo revelation.

We need a real leader in Somali Galbeed to hold his ground and prepare for the future.

Mourad1   

Abiy is trying to copy plays from Meles Zenawi’s playbook.  However, he forgot that the masses have vivid memories of Zenawi’s rule. This is the age of the internet. The masses are better informed than ever and will not fall for old tricks of divide and rule. I hope that the youth keep applying pressure on him and letting him know that he is a transitional leader which was put in place to facilitate peaceful elections. 

• Like 1

galbeedi   
5 hours ago, Mourad1 said:

he is a transitional leader which was put in place to facilitate peaceful elections. 

A temporary and culturally Amhara, pretending to be Oromo and sitting in Menelik chair will not last. 

He should resign and give way to real Oromo before the real civil war to dislodge the Amhara stars.

Western Oromia is already a battle ground. The man had lost the day he rehabilitated Menelik and Haile Salase. He might be trying to reverse everything TPLF did, but to revive the Melelik and Haile who also took our land and killed thousands of Somalis from 1887-1974 is unacceptable.

WE somalis and Oromo can not allow or accept an Amhara leader in Ethiopia. It is a direct threat. It is simple as that.

Galbeedi,

It really doesn't matter who we accept or who we don't. As long as we are playing a second fiddle to someone else's grand design, we will just be someone's pawn.

galbeedi   

OOdweyne ,

You just came out of hiding to refute my  earlier support of Abiy Ahmed. As you claimed, I wasn't his water carrier, but I admit that I was one among many Somalis who supported his early reforms including freeing tens of thousands of Somalis from jails from Jigjiga all the way to the dungeons of Addis Ababa.

He promised economic integration and close relationship with the Somali state and offered olive branches to a new non interference policy toward  Somalia and its internal politics . I also  admired his isolation policy of the regional governments and denying their useless travels to Addis and falsely act as equal to the federal government. As we speak today, he hasn't changed  his mutual respect of Somalia and upholding the territorial integrity of the Somali Republic. He even told your boy Muuse Biixi to quit complaining about what took place 32 years ago and start negotiating with the Somalli leadership, aka Farmaajo. He told him about the recent war between Eritrea and Ethiopia were over hundred thousand died just two decades ago, and said , " If we , the Ethiopians and Eritrean could join and forget the last war , certainly Somalis who are one people should do the same".

So, unlike what you stated, I have every reason to join the Abiy Ahmed band wagon like millions of Somalis. For you it just about Somaliland and you are , as always , accusing me of supporting him because he is muscle to subdue Somaliland. My friend,  Somaliland doesn't need big muscle to bring them back to the fold of the Somali union. Time and space will force her to come home. When Somalia gains two pounds of power, prestige or peace , Somaliland  loses 200 pounds. 

Furthermore, in politics, things are not static or written in a stone. While Abiy Ahmed is still upholding what he said or did about Somalia, I can not trust someone who is beholden of the old empire. I thought he was buying time to appease the Amhara elite who have friend in high places, but I never thought him to be another Amhara in the closet. 

"Soomaalidu waxay leedahay nikii Hooyaday guursadaba waa adeerkay".That is a bad policy. While Oromo has land disputes with Somalis and have certain anarchists tendency,  they are looking freedom just like millions of Somalis in Somali Galbeed who are looking to free themselves from the yokes of the old empire. 

Like many Oromo, I was expecting him to dismantle the old empire. And if the preacher can not hold his side of the bargain, then we shall part from separate ways.

So , Mr. Oodweyne, there is nothing to be ashamed here. You and I are of a different school of thoughts and ideology. I support those who are seeking freedom and dethrone despots, feudal monarchists and old colonial ideas. I stand with those who are defending Tripoli from the putschist  his Hifter and Sisi; I stand with those in Yemen fighting to keep their country together from the agents of mayhem and disintegration the UAE. I stand with Suldaan Erdogan and the new Turkey emerging from disruptions of the middle east.

I may fail sometimes while trying new ways to disrupt and change the status quo, but my mission is the same. I might circle the wagon to bring down the wrong caravan, but ultimately, i will go down as a free man.

Now, tell me who you stand with.

Waxaan ku idhi sidi sdidaada mooyaane dhul u dhacaaga hubso.

If there is any consolation to some of you,  before he was selected, I wrote an article how Abiy was neither Muslim, Christain or Oromo.