galbeedi

Oromo opposition leaders Bekele Garba and Jawar Mohamed reportedly arrested.

Mourad1   

Galbeedi, I’m one of the many silent readers of these boards. I couldn’t agree with you more on your analysis of Abiy Ahmed. 

What I also have noticed, is that Abiy has morphed into something that few people could have foreseen (including you, Oodweyne). Specifically, the aspect of Abiy Ahmed’s character of indecision regarding Ethiopia’s internal affairs. It has been over two years that Abiy is in power and still, he has not spelled out any ideological positions or any political vision for Ethiopia. He seems to be a chameleon from the start, who was and still is out there to amass as much power as possible. All he utters, are ambiguous positions which he can comfortably make a 180 degrees turn on it.

Khadafi   

I didnt se the thread but I will repost it here.

While  the world news were on New York in 2001 on nine eleven. In the  rustic town of Eritrea the leader of the Eritrea, described and praised by the cadaanka rounded up his own EPLF- collegues and other oppositional groups as the ELF.  No one has since heard of then.  Caabey Amxaaro  thinks that he can do the same but doesnt know that social  media  is a media.changer. Jawad the oromo nationalist, the first oromo leader who openly said in Aljazeera interview "I am an oromo first, and then ethiopian" shocked the oromo people into beliving in oromo nationalism. Even the crypto-.Amxaro Oromos  started to return to their oromo heritage when  TPLF dismanted  the whole  "be an amxaara so you can have a socal mobility".

News comings from Addis shows that Jawad has been arrested together with the whole leadership of the oromo federal congress party.   The only group that is now show support to Cabeey Amxaaro  are the Amhara residents of Addis Abeba and the  Amhara region of Gondar and Bahri Dahr. The Emperor has no clothes.     The TPLF might have been a menace to the Soomalida in 90-ties up till 2006  but the core group of the TPLF   made a desecion  that the knew will ultimately lead to conflict.  While Caabey Amxaaro said their would no elections becouse of  Covid they the TPLF said they would  have  elections.    If history repeats itself it seems that  the situation is what it was in former Yoguslavia. The serbs said no Croatioan elections while Croats  carried one.  We all know what went down.

Bal Soomaalida maxaa u diyaarsan? Mustafa Cagjar went to Baxridahr and praised Menelik and becane the darling of the Amxaaro. Is he betting his horses on Caabey Axmed?  If he is and Cabeey succeeds somalis will be in a better position.  They will become another garrison town. If he fails and does not prepare the Somalis by allowing elections  and expanding Somali nationalism  Soomali  galbeed will become another mad max region where feuding clans with ak47 roam the streets.   Mustafa intuu Baxridahar  tagi lahaay dadkiisa ha diyaariyo  post-civil war Ethiopia. 

The Arrest of Jawad and the other oromo leader is big and I think  it is a sign that something is brewing in Ethiopia.  Americas orientalist and British fascination with their "ortodox gaalo of Abbsynia is no more. Tabar iyo lacag uma haayaan in ey u gargaaran wadanka.

Galbeedi,  the question for you is Soomalida maxaa u diyaarsan? Another  mad-max clan chewing lawless clan fiefdoms or  a stable Somali regional state? Kolley the TPLF plan B wey diyaarsadeen but  Mustafes singing  tunes to Amxaaro in  BaxriDahar might backfire once Cabeey Amxaaro becomes the emperor with clothes.   

• Like 1

galbeedi   
8 hours ago, Khadafi said:

Galbeedi,  the question for you is Soomalida maxaa u diyaarsan? Another  mad-max clan chewing lawless clan fiefdoms or  a stable Somali regional state? Kolley the TPLF plan B wey diyaarsadeen but  Mustafes singing  tunes to Amxaaro in  BaxriDahar might backfire once Cabeey Amxaaro becomes the emperor with clothes.

It is a good question.

THe Somali regional state is already a tinder box just waiting for the fire to ignite. Clan hegemony and rivalry is apparent as we speak. Somali opposition politicians in the region, especially those who are in Addis or close to the Ethiopian system are not working to prepare for the future. THey are spending their energy how to replace Mustafe Cagjar and take his place. They want to be appointed from Addis and carry the water better than the current leader.

Mustafe cagjar is becoming just like most Arab leaders whose power emanates from foreign powers to rule their people. He spends his time courting Amhara and others in Addis and Bahar Dar. He might not have the power of the TPLF but he could prepare his people by uniting them and shielding Somalis from the incoming Ethiopian civil war and disintegration. He could reform the current regional party and put Somalis who are pro independence and pro regional autonomy. He could heal the tribal animosity among tribes and strengthen the bond among the people.

He could help the displaced Somalis within the region who needs housing and re-settlement. He could have plan B, C and D if the Abyssinian empire collapses.If there is anyone who should be separated from Ethiopia, it is the Somalis not the TPLF. 

We might need probably sophisticated Somalis to design a plan to save Somalis from the incoming civil war. The current Oromo upraising instigated by the Amhara will give huge boast to the TPLF. Yesterday, Abiy could have threatened to bring the TPLF to the fold of Mama Ethiopia , but today, no Oromo will shed his blood to save the decaying corps of the empire. I have no idea, but let me suggest few things for Cagjar:

1-Make the regional political structure separate from Addis.

I mean, make it difficult for Abiy and company to replace the regional leader with decree from Addis. Today, no one can replace the TPLF president of Tigrai except the Makale executive . I know as an NGO man, Mustafe is not tough enough to confront the Addis criminal enterprise who are deadly, but he can assemble like minded Somalis who could help for that confrontation . I might even call back some the Illey people who know few things in Ethiopia.

Last year while ridding a taxi cab in Jigjiga, I had a conversation with the driver about the past and the present, and somehow we talked about Somali regional government separating. He said, If there was anyone capable of standing up to Amhara it could have been Cabdi Illey, but he destroyed himself by killing his own brothers.

He could take the initiative and create non tribal based executive group that would pretend to be pressuring him to make the Somali region more autonomous.

2-He should reach other Somalis without aggravating the so called clan hegemony.

I know the OG clan acts differently and named the whole region after her clan name, but if the shit hits the fan no clan can survive or even would be able to rule the vast region with diverse Somali clans. He must leave his comfort zone and make everyone feel at home or the Mad Max thing will start and some clans might even join the enemy to gain some scrums..

3- To avoid the repeat of the last Oromo-Somali conflict, he should reach out to Oromo and stop going to Bahar Dar and courting Amhara in general. In politics optics are important , and Mr. Cagjar should reverse his Ahmara centric pronouncements. 

And finally try to control the Somali regional borders and keep out the trouble makers to harm Somalis.

In another news, the killed singer Mr. Hachalu had given an interviews about ten days ago, and he was asked about statues referring of what was going on in America. He said he hates seeing the Menelik statue in Finfinee (Addis).

A month or so ago no would have thought the statue of Christopher Columbus , Ted Roosevelt and Cecil Rhodes to be the incarnation of racism and slavery. The Amhara knew this statement was endangering their deeply held Amhara narrative about the old emperors who had massacred people in south west and eastern lands. Without Menelik and the last king Amhara would be one among many ethnics of the empire. It is not a rocket science, for me Muuse Biixi and SNM are angry tribal criminals who murdered my people, while Suldaanka holds them to be heroes. This interview alone is the smoking gun. Some Somalis might not know history , but it was just over hundred years ago when Menelik and company captured Harar and took our land by the barrel of the gun provided by the colonial powers of the 19th century.

The Amhara could take Menelik and Haile Salsie to Gondor but not in keep them in Finfinee.

Folks the world has changed.

• Like 1

galbeedi   

54 minutes ago, Timacaddeh said:

It is not a rocket science, for me Muuse Biixi and SNM are angry tribal criminals who murdered my people, while Suldaanka holds them to be heroes.

damn, they just hijacked the thread.

I shouldn't have made that quote. Now, the  boys are unhinged and out of order. Ok Folks, let us leave that thing for now and talk about Amxaaro unless you like them.