Sign in to follow this  
2real

Oookkkaay, I think I'm ready to marry now!!!

nuune   

i already knew that somali girls are all hard working.

the report said that she is the only somali lady in canada to become a medical doctor,am i wrong,good for her, great achievement.

2real   

Yeah, "the first Canadian-trained medical doctor in the country's largest African community"

nuune you said "i already knew that somali girls are all hard working."

Are you sure bro?...ALL of them?

OG Moti   

no man dont marry yet... isadkey xoogaa... dont rush brother, wht u mean u ready to marry, u still young .. dont dont, dont distroy ur future, wait till u hate urself then marry.. loooool good luck peace

Abdinuur   

WOW! man.

She has many great dreams and insha-Allah she will fulfill them...I can see it in her eyes.

--------------------------------------------------

At one point, I wanted to have the same dreams and help out people by traveling to developing countries like Somalia until I heard something very bad and it sort of scared me to think some people would do such thing.

Well...this is what I heard. I heard that after you graduate from college/university and you decide to travel to Somalia to help out (for free of course...good intentions...w/o pay)...people over there will assisinate you and kill you right there on the spot man. So that way, no one is smarter than rest of the people around. Their reason is that everyone's intellect should be equal or about equal.

Also, especially for men, they'll hunt you down cuzz I also heard that if for instance someone from your qabiil or whatever they call it...shoots and kills some other person...and then escapes...then they'll come after you and assisinate you since the killer already escaped...and you're from where he's from... :confused:

This, I thought, is the most chaotic, the most barbaric shyt I've ever heard...to even think that people would do that...and they're calling to be Muslims---brothers. People who pray salaat together at the Masjid. Very sad man! :mad:

Anyways, I am happy for Fahima, and I think she'll be one of a kind. smile.gif

Haneefah   

Masha'Allah, she's one determined sister cuz Mac has one of the hardest med schools to get into. I have a friend in health science at Mac and she told me that Fahima is really nice and approaches all those undergrads who are hoping to get into medicine and offers her guidance. If I'm not mistaken, there's couple of other somalis in that med school too...I wish them the best.

Kaafi...don't worry, you can pretty much volunteer anywhere other than xamar...that's where most of the fitnah is.

ZOLA   

WOW..WHAT AN INSPIRING STORY ....WISH HER ALL THE BEST ...I KNOW THEY R A LOT OF SOMALI STUDENTS OUT THERE TRYING TO GET INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL ...GOOD LUCK FOLKS.

A.A

nuune   
2real,yeah u r right i said they r all hard working girls in anyway not just like what that lady achieved,they r hard working girls like when getting married,the context is not just to one particular thing!!

hip hop hooray for all bros/sista like her! go gal.

anyone know if this is done still! I wanna call my dad and tell him to hook me up just like below...

i will let u folks what he says!! this so cool!

At 38, well past the age Somali men typically marry, he decided he was settled enough and sent home to his brothers and father to look for a wife. The name they produced was Zahra Ali, the 17-year-old daughter of the now-deceased merchant who had given him his first break

Senora   

if that wasn't an inspirational story for you, then i dont know what is.... I'm just beaming right now :D ....i cant be more proud of her

..i just couldnt stop thinking about this one part..

and the parents, who see a growing generational gap, worry about keeping their children in school and out of gangs.

it frustrates me to see people taking not taking advantage of such wonderful opportunities....this success story should be a motivation for everyone, young and old.... i wish her the best, and god bless her...and i hope to see/hear more of these success stories from m somalian people

As a Somali and as a Canadian...I am so happy that someone is setting examples for the younger generation!

It's really true that high school counsellors direct you to aim low ...it happened to a friend of mine!! They tell you to take general courses instead of the advanced because you are a minority... :rolleyes:

Ma'sha'allah 2 Fahiima!

Xafsa   

maasha -alaah....When I read that story felt like I was the one who went to med school :D ...you go girl!!

I'm puzzled walaahi, mashallah...thanx alot for the input hon, it defintely added some motivation in my book... and inshallah with allah s.w.t help she will get far... if anyone knows her... give her my late but a fullfilling congraduation....