Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Sport Salaries

Bachelor   

Hello Somali

I have become a little more aware of the money that is given to sports, more specifically the millions of dollars that go toward pro-athletes. Does anyone else find it amazingly idiotic that the world pays people who play games so much money, money that could be much better spent on people in need, COUNTRIES in need. I'd also like to hear arguments in favor of the "funding" for sports.

Lately, We have witnessed Huge sums of cash Nike pays to a player for endorsment. 18 years old high schooler LaBaron 90 Million, 14 years old Frady Adu 1 Million every your for four years, Serna Williams 55 Million. What do you guys think about it?

LuCkY   

Yeah i have noticed that but thats just the way it is.

Isnt ironic how one can spend ridicuLous amounts of money on entertainment and when it comes to heLping the unfortunate it becomes such a burden?

The endorsements are just about name recognition...they advertise the hottest atheLetes and pay them Large sums of money in turn their products bring in bigger benefits-name recognition and fans of the atheLtes.

Lol...ironic isnt it?I wiLL Leave it at that.

Jaylaani   

It is all about supply and demand. Sports are very large part of human lives and people are willing pay huge amount of money to be entertained. I am happy these athletes, black ones in particular, are finally being rewarded for their hard work and don’t forget their ALLAH given talent. Remember, there are only few people in this world that can do what do and they should be compensated for it.

Bachelor   

Lucky, indeed it is ironic. :mad:

Jaylaani, I am not questioning their GOD given talent. Whereas, do you think they worth all that money? I think that the money they spend on the pros should be spent on helping the homeless or the less fortunate.

True, A sportsman is an excellent person to advocate a brand. By the way, do you guys know how much NIKE shoe cost and how much does it cost to produce it in cheap labor at Vetiman or Indonessia? You will be amazed.

Jaylaani   

Bachelor,

I understand your point. Your argument is based on moral issue however, such thing doesn’t exist in corporate America. Pure capitalism is criminal way of life. That is the system being employed here in States. No one cares the poor and the unfortunate individuals. That sounds harsh but it is true. With that in mind, I think these athletes WORTH every penny of the money they are getting. They are selling products because of their name recognition why not get the maximum amount of reward for their fame.

Jaylaani   

Nike is not the only guilty party of child labor practice. All the major manufacturers in America including Nike were relocated to overseas for the same reasons. On the same token, those people really need jobs so they can feed their families. One quarter maybe too little to us but it goes long way for these folks.

UUUM ITS CALLED CAPITALISM......................MOVE TO CHINE THEN...............OOOOOOPS THEY ARE ALSO ON THE VERGE OF BECOMING THE BIGGEST PRACTITIONER OF CAPITALISM