Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

*****PHOTOTOUR OF MINNEAPOLIS*****

Good job fellas. I guess I have no choice but to visit Mn next summer. I have more reasons to stay outdoors than goin' from guri to guri visiting endless relatives! I just love the outdoors, can't remember the last time I went hiking n' canoeing. Here I come for shopping.....

RayZak   

wanna know here somalis live in mpls, hea u goo now...click on it..lol..all buildinz...sorry no xalaal showed on tha pic .

CEDAR...RIVERSIDE PLAZA..

975.jpg

Man the last two pix look like a place called "Golf link estate" in southall, a no go area for somalis in west London. Whole estates with Somali families and thugs -- scary place. If you are a Somali U might get mugged several times a night by somali youths. Bad image.

Alpha   

Yepp, this is the place where somalis dwell,not all somalis, but good amount.It's a low income area,But you'll amazed if you go inside, as somalis are known to make their homes turn into a castles.

Macalin   

WALLAHI i beleive the cedar TOWERS are the ugliest ugliest towers in the ENTIRE WORLD.lakiin i was suprised that the insides are much much cleaner than some APTS!!

And what i hate abt mpls is ALBAABADA xir xiran! WTF, i went to this house on FRANKLIN Aand MINEHAAHHA(?) oh lord!-ppl line up or wait for someone to open-lol.soo somali..

'

Anyways i ENJOYED lake CAHUNA(sp?) or some..lakiin KANIICO..bisinkeee..i had to get the spray spoiled my "ROMANTIC" treat but i love that city i KNOW I WILL COME BACKKK

HONEY-D   

Okeey its beautiful city although i alwayz thought it was the worse place to be but i guess hearing too many stories about FLIGHT 13 had big impact on my judgement. icon_razz.gif If there is any flight 13 please dont get offended. :D

8464-001-03-1027.gif

Iffah   

So that's Cedar? Ok.. I didn't know they were buildings...I assumed it was townhouses. I guess it's the Ohio influence...I haven't seen a single building in that city. Strange!

Anyways, what about the so-called Somali Mall? I know it obviously won't be in the Minneapolis tour video.. but how come no one has mentioned it here? Or it's not such a big deal, as some people make it?

Well, Ilham-I dunno why, that should have been

mentioned.But i'll do it.I don't have pictures as

sad as it seems, However I'll give you little details-Cool-cool-

Somali Mall--It's Huge enough-

Half a block size- 2 story building

It has about 80 stores in it.

It's Populated dailly with ppl.

Parking lot is hassle sinse there so many somalians here.If you've never been here

what can i say,It's nice, you feel "Home"Being

sorrounded with Somalians.

Alpha   

I Have Bussiness based in here---If you ever wana

come and just say hello, Don't hesitate-----

Let me give you some web sites where the mall

has been critiqued on.On remmember it's two mall

one in St.Paul And One in MPLS-Theyre both somali malls

http://www.banadir.com/business.htm

This is another article that Just shows little Positivity In the somalis of MPLS_MN

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jan02/12510.asp

Been there done that...don't want to go back again. I personally didn't enjoy going to Minnieapolis at all. It wasn't a pleasant trip for me atleast. Maybe I'm just too use to Toronto..and that city is just BEAUTIFUL. God Bless Dixon