Sign in to follow this  
Major-General Cawad

My Favourite Somali Ever

Some want us to belive the hype the Kaffir left in Somalia. Mohamed A Xasan the Sayyid was a great man an extraordinary individual. Who fought for our liberty and the restoration of our dignity.

May he rest in peace and may his Somalia once again rise up from the ashes.. Amin

For me it is must also be the only and one Sayid Muxammed Cabdulle Xassan alle ha unaxriisto.

I would urge all the people who reply to this thread to get involved only in constructive discussions. Leave the individuals who are intent to cause trouble alone.

We should divide all the nominees into appriopriate categories. I've chosen seven of them.

-Sports: I would like to nomiate Cabdi Bile Cabdi he made us proud and he also put Somalia on the map with his win in the lang distance in 1988.

-Literature: Nuruddin Farah somali novelist twice runner up and second place in the Nobel price for literture lets hope he will make it this year.

My second choice Muhammed Afrax Daahir the only Somali who writes in three languages English, Arabic and Somali. His book "Manifesto" has been translated in many languages around the world and I believe he sold many books.

-Politics: Adan Abdulle Osman an African and Arab phenomenan.

-Music: Magool who represented Somali music in many international concerts and gatherings.

-Religion: Maxamed Macallim? Shariifka, Sayidka

-Culture£language: Said Ali Kenadiid (first Somali dictinary/ Yusuf Ali Kenadiid first Somali written script

Financial investment: Xaji Ibrahiim Dhuunlaaye.

Also Xaawo Taako, Wiilwaal, the winner of the Dubai International Quraan Award in Dubain year 2000, General Dauud, Carays Ciise Kaarshe, Ismaaciil Mire, Raage Ugaas, Sheikh Cali Mijerteen, Sheik Kownayn (alif wax maale, baa hoos ku taale etc., Maxamed Siyaad Barre etc.

If you can come up with something better and I know you can then bring it on.

Baluug   

My vote goes to Wally and Molly,the Jolly Somali dollies!!They're a big hit in Kazakhstan,with 1 out of every 276 people buying one for their daughter!!