Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

I have an idea guys(the play)! ;)

Paragon   

The gun-shots got more quiet, all that can be heard was foot steps and wierd giggles coming nearer

JamaaL: Someone is coming, i think it is cali-waalow trying to check us out

Hassan: (chuckles) well, let him come near, we have news for him here. I haven't shot a gun since the whole war scenario started but i think i will exercise my gun point power on him

Moh'd: No! NO! please we don't want anyone to get hurt in our house, honestly i am allergic to blood and blank points (smiles humourously)

JamaaL: Calm down hassan, cali-waalow is what he is, don't you see, thats why they call him cali-waalow.

The sleepy head of them all awoke to the conversation, Faarax, who God has given him strength and bravery. Farax suggested that he will woo cali-waalow to disarm and when he does, he will beat the crap out of him. The whole house loughed

Sahra: what are you guys, nuts? we have underage children and women in the house. If you wonna show us your ability to fight and frighten us women then well and good, otherwise take your machoness outside my house!!

All males loughed including caadil who just loughed coz every man was loughing

JamaaL: women? oh, how typical they are (in a sacarstic way) Faarax, go do your thing man, get cali-waalow in doors and he is all yours.

Faarax: Hahaha Do you mean that?

Hassan: He means it fool, why else will he say that huh?

Faarax: hey kiddo, shut up before i kick your tooth inside and you say "goodbye" to all your smiles aight? i am talking to JamaaL...

JamaaL: Guys! guys!! please! relax, we can't afford to start a WWF here while we are in this situation..ok? Faarax, go cajole cali-waalow to stop the shooting please. Please don't endanger your life...

Faarax: (ironically smiled) oh yeah baby, watch me walk out and get the bad-guy aka cali-waalow hehe, "walk this waaayyy"

Kids whine as Faarax walked out of the house holding his AK infront of him

Sahra: Oh God, the kids are hugry, they are getting week by the minute

Caadil: mom!

Sahro: Yes Caadil, my son

Caadil: whats gonna happen to us?

Moh'd&sahro: Everything is gonna be alright!

I came in like a blinding lighting!

Greating's that diserves a rummer.

I would love to join the play, but libaax might feast on me after the rehersal and I might not last long enough.

If you need someone to play the role of spastick, just call 020 8234 9876!

thank you, like a confusion that has been defused.

I left like the fannal of ternado, spinning to hurrican! :D

Macalin   

mom>where in the world is Lakkadkii,** lakkad nowhere to be found**

lakkad> i don't care i wanna go outside and play.

mom>don leave.

lakkad>am leaving..inyow!

mom> soo laabo.

lakkad>inyow!

lakkad>runs into the crazy street!.

god knows what happens to him!

but he always comes back

Hibo   

this play is about this old couch at my friends house...more than 1000 people sat on this couch...next thing ya know everyone who is sitting at this couch is unloading their stresses.

This couch is like a pychiatrist ...except there are only friends talkin...this is a good screen play...alot young somali ppl went through alot during the civil war...alot of us lost our homes, sibblings, relatives, friends...associates, schoolmates. and we neva talk about that..maybe once we sit on this couch we will unload our pains and struggles in life... and feel lil betta afterwards.

what do ya think

you3   

hey jamlaal what your great ideal for the plays guy i hated when they play with the girls righ that is suck righ

u guys,,,,,how could u not envite me?,

this must be like nicest thing online, after the religious stuff------ofcourse!

this is a story and a half,,,,,well,,,,let me continue,,,

There were several rounds of vigorous gunfire.

Ever-body was on the floor in case a bullet entered through the wooden doors, or the already shattered windows.

Voices could be heard from outside, but were muffled by the rumbling of gunshots.

There was a sharp feminine scream.

Suddenly, all was silent. Not a gun could be heard from out side.

Sahro: Allah, that sounded like ,,,,

(she scrambles to her feet and runs for the door, Jamaal bounces on her and she is held down)

Jamal: shhhhhhhhhh, listen! It doesn’t matter who it sounds like, u go out there and you die aswell .

Children: mummy, don’t leave us! ( they all come around her, hugging her and pulling to hold her back)

Sahro: that scream, (she gasps),

that sounded like Muna, my missing daughter. (she wipes a tear from her cheek and looks up.) Isii dayaa!, I have to go out and save her! (she tries to free herself, but Jamaal is too strong and he over powers her)

Jamaal: listen, the morons are out there, we don’t know who is dead and who is alive. If u leave the doors of this house u risk your life, and it might not even be your daughter out there. Calm yourself down, calm the kids down, and lets wait for help to arrive.

B]Caadil: [hoyoo, he is right, it might not be Muna.[/b]

Moh’d: HasbunaAllahi wanicamal wakiin, ciyaal, move away from the doors and come sit here. When hard times come, you pray to Allah and he will protect u.

Jamaal loosens his grip on Sahro and she and her children move and sit near Mohamed. The family is huddled in a corner of the room. Each person, deep in his own thought. Some praying to Allah, others wondering about what happened out side, and a few fantasising about the opposite sex in the room.

Now there is total silence both inside and outside the house. It is so silent and every-body so still that you could here the heartbeats of each person in the house. Their hearts were beating at the same speed; the rhythm was fast, like the beating of drums in a freaky African dance. Except no one here was dancing.

^^^LOL. Cool idea. :D

--------------------

As the family was huddling close together shivering in fear and reverently praying under their breathes…cocky Farax decided to show off to the unearthly beautiful Amal . He has been sneaking long, lust-filled glances her way from the corner of his eye for the past couple of minutes…but to his sinking heart she continued to ignore him, focusing on comforting her little brother. He wished that he was in place of her brother...receiving her hugs, caresses and kisses. Oh what a sweet way to die, he sighed.

He tried hard to keep the resentment from slipping into his heart and ruining his feelings, and ultimately his chances with this gorgeous creature of heaven. He guessed that this was ploy to get this attention by pretending not to care…one of those annoying games that females so expertly and frequently played. This greatly upset him, for he couldn’t understand for the life of him, why she wasn’t looking dreamily up into his eyes, sweeting sighing his name, and thanking him for saving and protecting her family. Ungrateful, horrible witch..obviously her beauty is wasted on her. But OH! what a spell she weaves over my heart he mumbled soflty.

But then, all of a sudden, a dim flickering lightbulb turned in the empty vast expanse of his mind making most out of his three remaining brain cells. “She’s definelty playing hard to get†he thought to himself…the idea somewhat soothing his bruised ego.His head hurt even thinking about it. He didnt undersand the logic of it...but then again...women arent praised for that he smirked. He shifted his gun from one hand to another...loving the power and rush he got from it. He wondered if Amal would be impressed by the fact that he killed three men of clan X....chicks dig that kind of stuff.

He tossed a few scenerios in his head, trying to come up with an excuse to get close to her without annoying her or making her overly-religious parents suspicious. He started to practice his lines...saying over and over again "Abaayo dagaalka socda waa quruxdaa daraadeed...Helen of Troy camal baa tahey." Defintely smooth he reassured himself...that would surely make her melt and produce a few "awwwwwws" from her ruby lips. He eyed her for a while...mentally tellng her to look up. He imagined her eyes were as beautiful as the rest of her. "Would she hypnotize me with them"? he wondered.

Meanwhile the hair at the back of Amal's neck not only stood up but were chatting and smoking shiisha....she wondered why Jamaal was staring intently at her. She could see him looking at her like a poor man who finally found his lost camel, from the reflections of the shattered glass on the floor. She hoped he would turn away. *sigh* At least its better than that sick, lecherous grin that freaky faraax was flashing her every now and then. She shuddered with disgust. She much rather prefereed Jamal's shy, hesistant, sweet manners to the barbaric and chavunisitc manners of the neanthreal Farax. I bet he didnt spring far enough from the ape family she chuckled silently.

Faraax was preening himself like a peacock who just scored with his harlem of hens. He thought that she was sending him a signal by her silent laughter."I bet she is quite and shy, a most wonderful trait in a girl. Girls should be seen, admired, loved, but not heard." he said to himself. "So its up to me to make the first move, but I must make sure not to hit her with the full force of my charm. She is a young, innocent, vulnerable girl indeed...I must not scare her off too quickly" . He straigthen up then suddenly stopped in his tracks as a most foul odour assaulted his senses and forced him to stagger like a drunk. He discreetly sniffed under his arms while pretending to scratch his head…then wrinkled his nose in disgust, choking on the horrible stench permeating from his hairy underarms. He cursed himself for skipping the shower and shave for the past couple of days. The last time he smelled something that nauseating was when he was helping his uncle's cow give birth. He slowly smiled when he realized that most women swooned at the sight of a manly-man….a macho man...a real man. He sauntered over to her corner adding a little limp to his steps hoping she would notice his cool walk.

Amaal slowy turned her head at his approaching figure. As she uneasily watched him awkwardly walking towards her like he was jiis...she noticed Jamaal shiftng his glance and gaping at a sight behind her. She frowned with displeasure and with a sickening heart slowly turned her face towards whatever took his attention from her and trasfixed him on the spot. Amaal groaned inwardly as her older cousin Jameelah entered the room, holding her bruised arm close to her chest. *damn her to hell* she shreiked inside, jealousy contorting her features into a truly ugly mask. She started foaming at the mouth, and the sight of her horrible and frightening transformation sent a prickle of fear through Farax. Yet, his shallow and vain heart overruled his brain and he set forth on his mission.

-------------

LOL. I Know this is a play so someone add the conversation between Faraax, Amaal, Jamaal and Jameelah now. I just did the background (important too). :D

NASSIR   

This was between Nassir and his friend in the living room.

Nassir: You don't believe what i saw today, the most beautiful somali girl on earth.

Camir: Ooh really, how does she look like and what type of outfit she was wearing at the time.

Nassir: (harbouring some secret thing), well i can't describe her outfit she was overall the best looking woman on earth, man she had me thinking for five minutes.

Camir: Did you approach her? If so, was she more receptive to your intense affection drooling from your eyes?

Nassir: Unfortunately no, she was too good to be approached. Allah steeped her in such a grace that i thought she spiritually had divine entourage. Something indeed distracted my transfixed-eyes and by the moment i returned my glance, she faded in the air.

Camir: (pondering her as devil) you must be really insane. How could she disappear so abruptly?

Continues.... lool

NASSIR   

I have got to share with you enjoyable play written by the great African author, Wole Soyinka. It is just one part. I changed the characters. It is between Faarax (the young teacher influenced by western ways) and Xaliimo (a true nomad sista)

The Lion and The Jewel

Faarax: A prophet has honour except in his own home. Wise men have been called mad before me and after, many more shall be so abused. But to answer you, the measure is not entirely of my own coinage. What i boast is known in Mogadisho, that city of magic, where Somali women bathe in gold, even in smaller towns less than twelve miles from here.

Xaliimo: Well go there. Go to these places where women would understand you. If you told them of your plans with which you oppress me daily. Do you not know what name they give you here? Have you lost shame completely that jeers pass you over.

Faarax: No. I have told you no. Shame belongs only to the ignorant.

Xaliimo: Well, i am going. shall i take the pail or not?

Faarax: Not till you answer to marry me. (Takes her hand instantly soulful.)

xaliimo, a man must prepare to fight alone. But it helps if he has a women to stand by him, a woman who can understand---like you.

Xaliimo: I do?

Faarax: xalimo, my love will open your mind like the chaste leaf in the morning, when the sun first touches it.

Xaliimo: If you start that i will run away. I had enough of that nonsense yesterday>

Faarax: Nonsense? Nonsense? do you hear? Does anybody listen? Can the stones bear to listen to this? Do you call it Nonsense that i poured the waters of my soul to wash your feet.

Xaliimo: You did what!

Faarax: Wasted! Wasted! xalimo, my heart bursts into flowers with my love. But you, you and the dead of this village trample it with feet of ignorance.

Xaliimo: (shakes her head in bafflement.)

If the snail finds splinters in his shell

He changes house. Why do you stay?

Faarax: Faith. Because i have faith . Oh xalimo, vow to me your own undying love and i will scorn the jibes of these bush minds who know no better. Swear, xaliimo, Swear you will be my wife and i will stand against earth, heaven, and the nine Hells....

Xaliimo: Now there you go again. ONe little thing and you must chirrup like a cockatoo. You talk and talk and deafen me with words which always sound the same and make no meaning.

I have told you, and i say it again, I shall marry you today, next week or any day you name. But my pride-price must first be paid. Aha, now you turn away. But i tell you, faarax, I must have the full bride-price. Willl you make a laughing stock? Well, do as you please. But Xaliimo will not make herself a cheap bowl for the village spit.

Faarax: On my head let fall their scorn.

Xaliimo: They will say i was no virgin that i was forced to sell my shame and marry you without a price.

Faarax: A savage custom, barbaric, out-dated, rejected, denounced, accursed, excommunicated, archaic, degrading, humiliating, unspeakable, redundant, retrogressive, remarkable, unplatable.

Xaliimo: is the bag empty? Why did you stop?

Faarax: I own only the short companion Dictionary, but i have ordered the longer one--you wait!

Xaliimo: Just pay the price.

Faarax: (with a sudden shout.)

An ignoble custom, infamous, ignominious shaming our heritage before the world. Xaliimo, i do not seeka wife to fetch and carry, to cook and scrub, to bring forth children by the gross...

Xaliimo: Heaven forgive you ! do you now scorn Child-bearing in a wife.

Faarax: Of course i do not. I only mean... Oh xaliimo, i want to wed because i love, i seek a life-companion..(pulbit-declamatory) And the man shall take the woman. And the two shall be together as one flesh. Xalimo, i seek a friend in need. An equal partner in my race of life.

Xaliimo: (Attentive no more. Deeply engrossed in counting the gold on her neck) Then pay the price.

Faarax: ignorant girl, can you not understand? To pay the price would be to buy a 'camel' off the market stall. You'd be my chattel, my mere property. No xalimoo! (very tenderly) When we are wed, you shall not walk or sit tethered, as it were, to my dirtied heels. Together we shall sit at table. Not on the floor--and eat, not with fingers, but with knives, and forks, and breakabe plates like civilized beings. I will not have you wait on me till i have dined my fill. No wife of mine, no lawful wedded wife shall eat the leavings off my plate--That is for the children. I want to walk beside you in the street, side by side and arm in arm just like the Mogadisho couples i have seen, high-heeled shoes for the lady, red pain on her lips. And her hair is stretched like a magazine photo. I will teach you the waltz and we'll both learn the foxtrot. Oh, i must show the grandeur of towns. We'll live there if you like or merely pay visits. So choose. Be a modern wife, look me in the eye and give me a little kiss--like this. (kisses her)

Xaliimo: (backs away)

No, don't! I tell you I dislike this strange unhealthy mouthing you perform. Every time, your action deceives me making me think that you merely wish to whisper something in my ear. Then comes this licking of my lips with yours. It's so unclean And then, the sound you make---'Pyout!' Are you being rude to me?

Faarax: (wearily.) It's never any use. Bush-girl you are, Bush-girl you'll always be; Uncivilized and primitive---Bush-girl! I kissed you as all educated men kiss their wives. It is the way of civilized romance.

Xaliimo: A way you mean, to avoid payment of lawful bride-price. A cheating way, mean and miserly.

Faarax (violently) It is not.

(Xaliimo bursts into laughing. Farax changes his tone to a soulful one, both eyes dreamily shut.)

Romance is the sweetening of the soul with fragrance offered by the stricken heart.