Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

I say my Qabil has fought harder for my families'

Originally posted by Ebyan:

You said you don't "love" your clan, let me ask you, do you love yourself?

What does loving yourself and loving your clan got to do with each other? Your clan members aren't necessarily your relatives unless of course you accept the premise behind the foundational myth of Somali clan system (hint: you shouldn't!).

I and my clan against the world

I and my brother against my clan

I against my brother

It's dog eat dog world, better look out for yourself.

Are you not apart of your clan?

I sure am part of my clan. 110% There's not a day that goes by where I don't pity and extend my sympathy to other Somalis who I find out are cursed for life because of being born outside of my noble clan.

Castro   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:
Are you not apart of your clan?

I sure am part of my clan. 110% There's not a day that goes by where I don't pity and extend my sympathy to other Somalis who I find out are cursed for life because of being born outside of my noble clan.
LOL. Fantastic. Now Ebyan will have to wonder if her mighty clan is all that is cracked up to be. I know for a fact that SB's clan is by far the noblest among Somalis.

And if you don't breed with a man of SB's clan Ebyaneey, you can basically look forward to a lifetime of raising ignoble half-breeds. :D

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

What does loving yourself and loving your clan got to do with each other? Your clan members aren't necessarily your
relatives
unless of course you accept the premise behind the foundational myth of Somali clan system (hint: you shouldn't!).

And what's this little myth your on about? That we're all B*stards( we don't know our origins)? That's a serious allegiation.

Castro;

You're not making any sense( not that you ever were). :rolleyes:

ebyan

I'd never pay money to 'tolka' so they can ransack villages and do god-knows-what, but I'm not gonna be 'sad' that the advancement of my qabil might mean that other qabils get the short-end of the stick. That's life..

So is my support of my qabil 'innocent'(/halaal)? I think it is.

First when is money asked for to "ransack", it never is, but more importantly, money is secondary. The important thing is your voice and support which gives the permission and encouragement for the action. It is only by removing your voice and support that you remove your permission and reduce the incentives to act in such ways.

Just to give you a background on that paragraph you wrote, it has been the backbone of every unjust action that subjugated a people,from the pharaohs, to the slave holders, the nazis and hutus and israelis - they have all cited that line, 'if its not my kind' ...

If your conclusion there were true, then it would be a sad day for any one with a faith in a fair and just god, since it would imply a god that did not care for a just society - so if you believe that you might as well renounce islam.

now lets peek at your kind.. to Geel_Jire you write:

You said you don't "love" your clan, let me ask you, do you love yourself? Are you not apart of your clan? I question the self-esteem of people who make comments like yours. WTF.

It is actually your self asteem which is more in question, you are the one in search of an identity defined by ever reducing concentric circles - grabbing for a label in 1/2000 of a share in forefather ... i'd hate to ever be in need of your charity

in reply, to title of the post

"my Qabil has fought harder for my families'"

Two views:

1. its the complete opposite, your clan has done the most to harm yours and your families well being.

For evidence look at the quality of life for somali's in somalia today compared to before the qax, every indicator of welfare from child mortality and life expectancy rates to access to education, health care, education nutrition .. and what ever else u'd like to put here is worse.

Now what does your clan have to do with it... well in somali culture, it defined as the other made you subject to segregation by affiliation.

2. On the other hand you could argue say clan has done amazingly well for you personally because with out its affiliation, qaxooti maadan noqon laheyn, civil war would have to find another way to distinguish you - and then how would you enjoy the bounty of west

anyhow on the off chance, if anyone has access to real data on somalia before and after '89, i would be interested analysing it, let me know

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

First when is money asked for to "ransack", it never is, but more importantly, money is secondary. The important thing is your voice and support which gives the permission and encouragement for the action. It is only by removing your voice and support that you remove your permission and reduce the incentives to act in such ways.

What are you getting at? I said that I would never support individuals from my qabil acting as aggressors towards individuals of other qabils, so how am I giving them "permission" or "encouraging" their actions. :confused:

I should relinquish my support for my qabil because of the actions of a few individuals ?

If your conclusion there were true, then it would be a sad day for any one with a faith in a fair and just god, since it would imply a god that did not care for a just society - so if you believe that you might as well renounce islam.

You've totally lost me. What does my support of my qabil have to do with the existence of a 'just and fair' god?

It is actually your self asteem which is more in question, you are the one in search of an identity defined by ever reducing concentric circles - grabbing for a label in 1/2000 of a share in forefather ... i'd hate to ever be in need of your charity

Ah-huh..When did I say my identity was defined by my qabil? My qabil is an important part of my identity, but I'm not defined by it. You may not be in need of my charity, but there are many people who depend on me. I'm done with you..Go take your bleeding heart and be depressed somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Why people always run away from the reality. Ebyan said the truth some of you may not appear in sol section but in close doors. Every one in here suport the idea of their clan. whether their clan has done something for them or not.

Truth deasn't hurt. :confused:

Ibtisam   

^^^YOu just because you are like That It does not mean other people are as well. smile.gif

Khalaf:

quote:

Originally posted by Xanthus:

[QB]

quote:

Real talk here sxbyall reality on da ground in Somalia........what has my qabil done for me u ask? In Somalia it has given me a name, and a home to belong to. Ahhh lets see, I go to Abuwaak I am told that is not the land of my fathers. I go to Hergaysa I am told that is not the land of my fathers, I go to Mogdisho I am told that is not the land of my fathers, I arrive in Galkaacyo and welcomed as the son of my fathers.

Hayee taasad keent after all, So much of Muslim, unity etc.

^^^^^Say what yaa ukhti? How does me stating the reality on the ground in Somalia relate to my belief in Muslim unity and Islamic brotherhood? So much kulaha, step back ukhti, think, then respond before u quote moi.....did I create realities of Somalia heckie nah, do I believe in it heckie nah, does it exist heckie yeh. No one here is talking bout ur girlfriends around da block and how yall deal we are talking bout the harsh ground reality in Somalia, min fadlik ukhti don’t talk about Y when I am talking bout X.

Maybe you misunderstood dear, I meant that since that is how you feel, it should tell you how little hope there is for unity, Muslimnimo, collectivity, because even you cannot happily travel around. Maybe you need read what I wrote with less assumptions dear khalaf, you seem to have take offence and jumping for post to pillar, I did not say you created the current state of Somalia, nor did I ask you to live in LALA land and ignore reality. And since no one was talking about my friends (although the Somali community is full of people like my friends, and the question was about how I rate qabil, so actually it was about me and my perception, which of course includes my friends… anyway) hopefully you can now see that in actucal fact I too was talking about X but you saw Y.

Originally posted by Xanthus:I think women are less qabilist, with the exception of Ebyan in this case

Naga dah on da real? aiiit, bal adiga ii sheeg horta why u are waving the red, white, and green and campaigning for the “un petit pays”, instead of the blue flag? No need for peace, prosperity jumbo jumbo, the main source of inspiration is, in this case, any answer ukhti?

I remember you asked me same question last year and it is the same (similar) answer this year as well I’m afraid. I wave the flag for A celebration of the success of the red, white, and green flag, a recognition of their hard work and effort, and appreciation and acknowledgement of the peace, prosperity &security they have managed to maintain on the whole.

I have been waving the blue flag (in actions) for the last few months, or did you not notice?? But that was providing a voice for their suffering, an acknowledgement of their pain, desire for them to recovery and a cry for their demise.

Waving a flag does not make me a qabilist, as the flag represents many people from different clans, so your comparison of me and Ebyan is not applicable.

Hunguri   

Ms Dhucdhuc, The Politics section needs reform and changes. Anyhow, good to abandon posting any thing there. As the Admin him self engages him self a thug of war b/w the Members, and at the end of the day uses his power to abuse some. I've clear posts b/w him and the little Khalaf. That's why I gave up posting any thing there!.

Ibtisam   

^^I would have thought the two would have been on the same side. :rolleyes:

In any case, Ebyan was not as bad as some people, she just was not diplomatic about her views, while others are and get away with murder. I think it is hard to be fair to everyone when there are so many users, one will have to sit at home all day and just read each post, maybe they need few mods in there (have a democracy, one person from each clan in use :D lol)