Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

I say my Qabil has fought harder for my families'

Ebyan   

Yeah, of course it would, but I don't understand how people can blame qabil for everything that has gone wrong in Somalia. It's like blaming Islam for 9/11.

Som@li   

Qabiil Sayed Barre baa aasey, hadana waa soo baxay, oo waakaa halkaa Soomali dhigay, waxaan shaki ku jirin, in waxa Somali curyaamiyey oo halkaa dhigay uu yahay qabiil, iyo wax aduunku ka gudbay sanado hore. Soomaalida dhamaan cudurka qabiilka waxaa ka fiyoow wax yar oo fara ku tirisa ah, daawooyin badan baa lagu deyey oo wax xal ah laga waa.

Bal inta SOL ku jira si loo dabiibo, qof walboow suro oo magaacaaga u bedel mudo, laba Asbuuc (2 weeks) qabiilka aad sheegato,Cudurka qabiilka waad ka daawoobi! ;):D ( Waa daawo cilmiyaysan, oo mudo laga soo shaqeeynaayey,Waa tii lagu daaweeyey ilma fuq buraale)

Rabi Soomaali haka daaweeyo Qabiilka jismigooda naafeeyey!

Pacifist   

Ebyan abaayo where did I say qabil is harm?

Using qabil to kill people is haram.

Using qabil to misteat people is haram all for what in the name of qabil hebel.

Qabil is for recognizing each other...or so am told.

Where have our principles gone to? Where did I am a muslim first go to?

Abaayo how many more will die in the name of qabil?

Ebyan, in your earlier post there are 2 points and they are what politicians use to muddle facts .. please let me throw a few sentences your way ..

1. No notion is bad. Be it qabiil, religion, philosophy, and what ever else you care to name.. since a notion in its purest form is an idea - i.e. a qabiil - as corpus of people does not exist until the notion of a qabiil -a as group to belong to- is first established in your mind fist. Now, while that notion is in your head, unless acted upon, it has no effect.

Therefore its not that notions or ideas or catergorisations are good or bad, its how we act upon them.

2. Since action are important, and individuals carry out actions, in order to attach some value to an idea, we must look at the consequence of acting on that idea. In effect what happens when people follow the idea

3. Because people are different and many, we can't generalise them, but we can try too look what normalised patterns of behaviour induces in people. i.e. lets say you come up with a fanstic new idea, and convince 100 people to follow you idea. Now if 70 people are better off with your idea and 30 people worse off, we can say that on average, your idea leaves people better off.

Another way to attach a value to an idea is too how the actions that result from it disperse. For example if I had suddenly realised a way to construct a nuclear bomb and then detonated it killing thousands, we can conclude that my idea is definitely bad..

So, for example saying 1 muslim killed 10 people, therefore all muslims are killers is only valid if there only exits 1 muslim in the world. But if 10 or 100 or 1 million muslims exist you can see the hypothesis muslims are bad is empty.

4. Now this is why the notion of qabiil as its used by somali is bad. We can say its bad, because supporting a qabiil isn't like supporting a football team, its effects are not harmless. Not because you may suddenly develop a blood thrust, but in somalia, you fuel it. To see how, ask your self what does my vocal support for something actually mean.

Obviously that depends on what your qabiil stands for. If we are realistic and ask what does a qabiil stand for in somalia, the answer to question is not an inclusive peaceful society with play grounds for all the local kids. This is not because clans are necessarily or evil and twisted, but it is a natural consequence any competition and the nature of somali political society.

Because people in general are in competition with one another for resources, the groups that they form are also in competition with one another and resources are finite. So what one qabiil looses, another gains, be it prestige, fiscal or otherwise. Hence, it is not in the interest of any qabiil to look after the interest anyone other than its members - unless of course that action suits its own interests.

So in effect, given the nature of game being played what does your support actually mean... It simply means your endorsements of one set of interests over the rest. Support with your voice means telling to go forth and grab those resources on your behalf, since you have chosen them as your representatives. $20 for tolka, can be used either to buy bullets or food, which depends on the urgency of risk faced in securing those interests.

The tournament ends when one group dominates all, i.e. all of its interests are secured. On an stalemate groups considerate based on a balance between whom they can subvert (now or later) and what power they bring.

Hence your support for one qabiil over another is not innocent. Now given the result the somali qabiil notion in somalia, can you honestly say that your support is xalaal, or do you need the instruction in scripture?

[excuse the spelling - new keyboard]

Originally posted by Faarax-Brown:

Loool,
Ina Adeer
is the same as cousin right? In anycase, I was gonna ask that person to stop bugging me & to instead contact your blood cousin. I have ran out of Good things to say about you & frankly speaking, I am not really good at this
smile.gif

Edit: I dont know if its a good or bad thing to have announced your relationship to Castro for everyone in SOL.

Inaadeer is one word. Ina adeer is two and is different, maaha? It means inanka adeerkey? Oh wait, thats a cousin! redface.gif

Its really no big secret that I'm related to Castro. My qabiil is very small and we are all cousins in one way or another icon_razz.gif

Anyways, this person who is asking about me, why are they so gutless?

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Xanthus:

[QB]
quote:

Real talk here sxbyall reality on da ground in Somalia........what has my qabil done for me u ask? In Somalia it has given me a name, and a home to belong to. Ahhh lets see, I go to Abuwaak I am told that is not the land of my fathers. I go to Hergaysa I am told that is not the land of my fathers, I go to Mogdisho I am told that is not the land of my fathers, I arrive in Galkaacyo and welcomed as the son of my fathers.

Hayee taasad keent after all, So much of Muslim, unity etc.
^^^^^Say what yaa ukhti? How does me stating the reality on the ground in Somalia relate to my belief in Muslim unity and Islamic brotherhood? So much kulaha, step back ukhti, think, then respond before u quote moi.....did I create realities of Somalia heckie nah, do I believe in it heckie nah, does it exist heckie yeh. No one here is talking bout ur girlfriends around da block and how yall deal we are talking bout the harsh ground reality in Somalia, min fadlik ukhti don’t talk about Y when I am talking bout X.

Originally posted by Xanthus:I think women are less qabilist, with the exception of Ebyan in this case
:D

Naga dah on da real? aiiit, bal adiga ii sheeg horta why u are waving the red, white, and green and campaigning for the “un petit pays”, instead of the blue flag? ;) No need for peace, prosperity jumbo jumbo, the main source of inspiration is, in this case, any answer ukhti?

Xiin, "my politics" of dialogue and engaging in peace process with the help of the Arab Leauge ect is "cool" and wise may i add for the average poor farah and xalimo back in somalia, then for somalia to become a "new iraq", car bombs, sucide bombings, and the war games between ethiopia and eritrea, come on duuqa!

DigibAc   

Originally posted by Ebyan:

^ People misuse qabil.

Yeah, they misuse qabil like... like crack heads misuse crack-cocaine :D

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

The so-called qabiil i come from is dissed 24/7 on the net all kinds of hate is spewed to that clan name on multiple forums because of the Bangladeshi imposter's actions but the strange thing is, when reading those comments i feel nothing, i do not feel insulted, my identity is simply intact but if someone badmouths ''Somali'' or ''Somalia'' it becomes serious and i rampage

bassicly my Qabiil is Somali. Anyone that askes me that question in real life will receive the same answer, not because i'm a ashamed or anything like that but simply because i don't identify myself under such myopic names

''Somali Musalman''

Salaamun yaa akhi. Brah um call u out on dis, cause I aint getting what u cooking here. Check dis If u ask me yaa akhi, who are u? I will reply ana Muslim! That means I as a follower of Muhammad scw wish for forget Somalis but for every Muslim, more den billion ppl around da world what I wish for myself, dats from da heart as Allah is my witness. That is part of aqeedah, part of Iman, no question, I am a brother of every Muslim, their honor is my honor, their success is my success. But hold up, what da deal? Heres da deal, check dis say I as a somali Farah is with couple cats from Yeman, we are all Muslims no?. I believe in Islamnimo namean. And we start talking, and they start talking down not kaftan but spiting hate about “those Somalis”, “those negros” and what not......aiiit let me apply ur "noble principle" here I don’t care its all good hahahaha I believe in Islaminmo namean, I only go on “rampage” and get “serious” when islamnimo is talked down. Or my principle knock the suckers out, like X said send em to cemetery....have I lost my islamnimo hell nah but I got some else dat goes with dat islamnimo its called juice aka blood. Substitute islamnimo for somalinimo. Brotherhood is a two-way street man.

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

My qabiil is very small and we are all cousins in one way or another
icon_razz.gif

^^That sounds very mintid :D !

Waa inaan isjiraa hadda ka dib.

Ebyan   

Caano Geel;

(I'm not sure I completely understood your post..but here goes)

There are 10+ million Somalis in the world and my obligation is first to my family and then to my extended family (my qabil). During Ramadan, when I’m certain that my family back home has everything it needs, I make sure that some money is left for the less well-off people in my extended family..People I've never met in my life..People to whom I'm not really 'related'.

When members of my qabil come knocking on my door and ask me for money to build a hospital (/school/mosque etc.) back home, I spare whatever money that I have left, even though I know that the people who will be treated in that hospital (or attending that school/mosque) will be individuals from my qabil and not any random Farah or Halimo. Should I withhold my donation because I know that the hospital/school/mosque will be in the benefit of my qabil and not to the benefit of all Somalis? Should I withhold my donation because the 'gain' of my qabil will be at the expense of some other qabil(s)?

I'd never pay money to 'tolka' so they can ransack villages and do god-knows-what, but I'm not gonna be 'sad' that the advancement of my qabil might mean that other qabils get the short-end of the stick. That's life..

So is my support of my qabil 'innocent'(/halaal)? I think it is.

Fabregas   

Looks like i a started a ticking bomb. No one is denying that qabiil is indeed a reality in Somalia. And yes Qabiils can do things for people. A man from the reer Qhudac Dheere clan, once beat many men from other subclans in a tartan(race) in Somalia. This man was my father, so yes i am proud that my father had the privilege of rarely or never being beaten in race. On a serious note, i know of several organisation based on my subclan alone, who raise money for such activities such as schools and university projects back home. Qabiil itself is not haram nor should we attempt to sugercoat this issue for what it is. Islamc actually encourages one to keep in touch with their close tribal relations. Moreover, the clan system can come into good use, if there are good guys in charge of every clan such as the Wadaads who guided the misguided Waranles and taught them a bit of wadaadish yoga. But the problem starts when bad guys are placed in charge of the Qabiils and everybody supports the baddest guy from their clan no matter what he does.

The problem also comes when ppl make such statments such as " Qabil is what comes first in my indentity".

Maybe it's because i grew up on a hostile London estate, where ppl hated on you just because your were Somali and the small group of Somalis had to stick together. So i don't define myself by my Qabil. Sometimes am called a Muslim male in the U.K, but most of the time i am called Somali. When i go Europe, i am the guy from the U.K. When i go back to U.K, i realise, i am actually, originally from Somalia. But when i go 2 Somalia, i am the guy from the Ingriis. You'll also find out how much your clan loves you, when you visit Somalia and your "sub clan" members realise that you didn't come back from the U.K loaded with buckets gold. Or if you are loaded don't go near Makhayads or Khat places where sub clan members chill, because then they might assume it's on the house, that is, if your naive.

One also find serious concerns about the young ladies comment which was:

" I love my clan".

I am sorry, but i don't love my clan.Unless they:

Bring back the Khalifa or conquer Ethiopia( just joking don't report me)

I would love them if they won the Fifa World Cup

Or if my clan sent a man to the moon

My clan would be really cool if they collectively won a nobel peace prize!

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

Maybe it's because i grew up on a hostile London estate, where ppl hated on you just because your were Somali and the small group of Somalis had to stick together. So i don't define myself by my Qabil. Sometimes am called a Muslim male in the U.K, but most of the time i am called Somali. When i go Europe, i am the guy from the U.K. When i go back to U.K, i realise, i am actually, originally from Somalia. But when i go 2 Somalia, i am the guy from the Ingriis.

So you base your identity on how others perceive you? How people in Somalia,England or Poland see you shouldn't define your identity.

You said you don't "love" your clan, let me ask you, do you love yourself? Are you not apart of your clan? I question the self-esteem of people who make comments like yours. WTF. :confused: