Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

I say my Qabil has fought harder for my families'

Lake   

Originally posted by Ebyan:

Let's cut the b.s. and tell it like it is. If you were to do a survey asking Somalis what was more important to them: their tribe or their country, I'm sure most (if not all) would say the former. I can't stand "douche bag hippies" who act like they don't have a qabilist bone in their body (qabil is a primitive concept,I'm reer-magal blah-blah-blah). Everyone is born to a tribe and when the lines are drawn, everyone will take sides accordingly. This isn't the result of the civil-war; Somalis are, have always been and will always be like this.

Lake;

Yeah, great, Mr.HY( that means high-york, right? :rolleyes: ) anything else?
smile.gif

You Khalaf alone with your toy soldier taako man..analyze people waaaay to much. Fall back

STOIC   

Check your binoculars and sharpen your pen –for you might need it to discern some Qabilist remarks from my rant.If a fly does not get out of the spider web trap faster, it becomes the spider’s meal. I ‘m sure that if I go to Mogadishu or any other major Somali city where my next of kin does not live there is high chances that I’ll become the meal of the other Qabil, unless of course I have someone from my reer Qansax nearby to rescue me. This is the reality of Somalia today.You might doubt me and say, I can always get away in neutral cities, but unfortunately the border lines has been drawn long before I was born. We may all turn our heads and deny the reality of our social norm, but the reality is hard to ignore.We can’t fake the funk.Each and every one of us in here has in one way or another been indoctrinated with the Qabiil.I believe that it is time to see the qabiil issue as it is, and try to reconcile the differences in a positive way.Yes I love my qabil. :D

Originally posted by Awlugeeye:

Each and every one of us in here has in one way or another been indoctrinated with the Qabiil.

Not all Somalis. Some Somalis aren't even part of Somali qabiil system, how can they be blamed for being indoctrinated with what they don't subscribe to? What's more, among the more settled Somalis the Ina-adeer/Ina-abti syndrome is not as pungent as say among the more nomadic Somalis.

Ibtisam   

Real talk here sxbyall reality on da ground in Somalia........what has my qabil done for me u ask? In Somalia it has given me a name, and a home to belong to. Ahhh lets see, I go to Abuwaak I am told that is not the land of my fathers. I go to Hergaysa I am told that is not the land of my fathers, I go to Mogdisho I am told that is not the land of my fathers, I arrive in Galkaacyo and welcomed as the son of my fathers.

Hayee taasad keent after all, So much of Muslim, unity etc. Let me give you a tip, I think I told "ME" the same thing: If you don't write our clan on your forehead, then no one cares and no one will know, and hence all doors open for you, and you will be welcomed wherever you go- As long as you treat people as "people" rather units/ clans. By the way where do you meet this clan police who go around telling you that it is not the land of your father??

In general I think the old mentality that only your clan can protect you is out dated , I know none of my friends will sale me out ( I doubt they even know my clan) in their home towns, and they will protect me because I am Xanthus, same way they will protect their own. So everyone baac haaisku xiiridin go out and mix with people.

I think women are less qabilist, with the exception of Ebyan in this case :D

me   

^waxaad hadashayba waxaad keentay in aad tiraahdid madaxaaga hadaadan ku qorin qabiilkaaga cid dhibaato kula soo doonanaysaa ma jirto...aduunyo. Sheekadaas uga sheekee dadkii ka qaxay, Hargeysa, Burco, Muqdisho, Kismayo....uga sheekee dadkii guryahooda laga soo baxay, dadkii hiiraan jidka loo galay uga sheekee taas.

It does not matter whether you keep your mouth shut about your qabiil or not, if your qabiil is not the majority in the area where you live in, then you are in danger, thats the sad reality in Somalia today and that needs to change. So abaayo hurdada ka kac and smell the oodkac.

Xanthus on the issue of qabiil the differnece between you, me and Ngonge is.

Adigu indhaha ayaad iska tiraysaa

Anigu waxaan leeyahay qabiilka iyo qabyaalada waa in wax laga qabto (la baabi'iyo, if possible)

Ngonge wuxuu leeyahay qabiilka iyo qabyaaladu wey jiraan wax laga qabankaraana ma jiraan and we should learn to live with it.

Ibtisam   

^^^Can you write in English next time, my clan speak differently :DNo seriously it takes forever to read somali

And what is Gaxay??

I've lived all my life in an area where I am a minority, and wherever I go in Somalia or any other country I will always be a minority. There are many minority clans, and they are not as paranoid as the bigger clans and they go up down the country in peace without anyone troubling them.

One cannot look like they are from particular clan, so unless I specify where or what I am, qabill iimaa soo doonaayo.

I have a question for you, you claim to be from H town, so if your clan lives there you should feel right at home as they will be there to protect you, (according to your logic) what is with all your fear, take a holiday.

As for me and my family clan has never bothered us, it has not done anything for us, and it ha snot hindered us either.

I’m not saying that there is no problem, because there is, especially in Somalia and mainly amongst the men, but what I am saying is that it is not as deeply rooted as people think.

me   

:D I rest my case

ps. af soomaali waan ku qorayaa, your fish and chips clan needs to intergrate.

pss. gaxay, was a typo I ment to say qaxay.

Ibtisam   

^^^YOu had a case??^^ Are you sure dear??

If intergrate means become a qabilist, no thanks :rolleyes: Waax fiicaan baan daadka luug yeera!

p.s. I noticed you did not answer my question

me   

Originally posted by Xanthus:

I have a question for you, you claim to be from H town, so if your clan lives there you should feel right at home as they will be there to protect you, (according to your logic) what is with all your fear, take a holiday.

I am not claiming to be from Hargeysa, I am from Hargeysa and I wish I could live my life there without being bothered by clannist individuals, but sadly the reality of the ground is so that I can not enjoy a peaceful life there without persucution of fear of persecution.

In the Somali case it goes like this, some guy who belongs to a majority clan in Hargeysa gets shot by some other guy who might be from the same lineage as me and guess who needs to be killed to pay for that killing? yes, poor old me needs to hang because someone he never heard of or met another guy.

Sometimes there are blood fueds that have been going on for generations and I am not going to take chances with people like that. Call me fulay if you like. I call it common sense.

me   

Originally posted by Xanthus:

^^^YOu had a case??^^ Are you sure dear??

If intergrate means become a qabilist, no thanks :rolleyes: Waax fiicaan baan daadka luug yeera!

p.s. I noticed you did not answer my question

lol...since when is learning the Somali language equal to being a qabiilist? tan yar fariinkii ayaa u go'ay. I had a case and my case is that you are naive beyond belief.

Ibtisam   

^^what is fariinkii?

Hang on let me get this right: You are from Hargeysa, People in your clan tent to shoot others from bigger clans, so you are afraid that people may kill you.

Well well, look what we have here!

Maybe you should tell your clan to stop shooting other people, pay all the blod money they own and then kick back. BAsicly clan haabar qaaba baad kaa yimiid who have killed many people and now you want to hide from your responsibility! No wonder you want to get ride of Qabil! lol :D

Haadaan kuu faahmi

p.s. I'm not saying you should pay for the crimes that you clan committed byt the way!

me   

^ What are you saying then?

fariin = break, hand break in a car.

Malika   

^^^I thought this was a discussion about qabiilism...when did it turn to afsomali tutorial session...lol

Anyways!

I can’t stand the non individualism in tribalism mentality, one achieves and its automatic a clan achievement, hell the clan wasn’t there when one was struggling with fees, living cost etc...Lol.

One kills, his innocent relatives pays the price...How is this justifiable is a mystery to me. I know of a guy killed as soon as he got of a plane from the west, because his cousin killed someone from another qabiil.This poor man and his family had to endure such an act just because he happened to be related to the killer?

How do we entertain such acts of savagery, I am still mystified…

I am for eradicating this back ward mentality, can’t stand this otherness, why be so fearful or suspicious of others all the time. We know we have committed crimes against each other in the name of ancestral name, what had we gained, nothing but more fear! To fight a conflict of this nature is only by cultivating security in individuals and in the nation.

Don’t ask me how, at this point…I got no clue where one would start..lol

:confused:

Zafir   

I am feeling little jealous reading what some your tribes’ folks done some of you. Let me tell you folks what my qabiil has honestly done for me. Where do I begin? Oh yeah, I am thinking this is when it all began, I think I was sixteen. Well, one day me and my 13 year’s old little brother were walking back from the grocery store carrying all these bags. When, this Somali lady driving down the street pulled over asked us “where we lived?” After we told her, said “she has seen my little brother with her nephew once before, and besides she was heading the same way and offered us a ride.” We hopped in the car, after brief niceties, she asked what qabiil we healed from? I told her the tribe name of my father, while simultaneously my little brother replied this other tribe name, a total shocker on my end, this kid was paying attention to the wrong party I thought. After this little misfortune, the lady concluded that we were what she called “Sheegato” pretenders. We look nothing like the tribes we have claimed to be, we got lectured on lying and pretending to be different tribes for rest of the way home, we just did what any red blooded youngsters would have done, we rocked our heads to the beats of “yes Eedo, you’re right Eedo”

But, by far the greatest thing my tribe has done for me, was when about three years ago, my cousins and bunch of other men I didn’t know came over to my house and tell me Mr. so & so had died leaving six young children and their my mother, That we had to support these poor innocent children and their mother. No hesitation I wrote them a cheque and off they went. Eight months later I come to find out that the whole thing was a scheme, and that the proceedings went to buying weapons for the tribe. I didn’t sleep for two days, a month later I came to find out that they were having one of their tribal meetings, what do you know? I went there, told my story, called the men that conned me everything in in-between lousy losers to lunatics and demanded a refund. How shameful were my cousins? Very doesn’t define it now, did I get my refund? Damn right I did.

Clearly, without my tribe I am Fredo.

Malika   

^^^^Good for you Zahir.

My poor father was brought up far from his tribemen, so in the late 70's during a severe draught most of his tribesmen found their way , all the way to the east african rift valleys.Where by then my father was a very established business man, and ofcourse they used the munipulative inaa adeer crap on him, and poor him bought it in droves.After milking him almost dry, the unfortunate happened to my father he become ill, and ofcourse his businesses suffered great deal, we his children were young and couldnt help much.

My father lost his wealth, and guess what the so called inaa adeers did, they turned around and called him "Mid isheegayaa" inuu reer heblaa kudashee.

Thats what my qabiil did for me!