Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

I say my Qabil has fought harder for my families'

Fabregas   

Quote:

If we're going to mathematically/logically sum up wat Somalia has done for individuals here and what their qabil has done for them, the majority would go for Qabil over Somalia.

In the turmoil in Somalia, I say my Qabil has fought harder for my families';protection and welfare than any other group. That's what comes first in my identity.

Simple format, think it through before sounding like hippy douchebags with the whole "unity" thing.

This was written by Somali youth on another forum.

Does he have a point?

Is he wrong/right?

Khalaf   

^^^^Adeer Xiin, why don’t u write it up here for the young men here. I didn’t know nothing about Somalia and its politics before couple of mths, and now I got interested in it and amongst other cats, it seems when u go against ur “qabil” u are seen as fake that’s feeling u get namean. Don’t really matter to me cause I have no plans of living in Somalia, and I love all muslims and Somalis as my own, or buy this bull. Lakiin it seems u are forced to support ur “own” in somali politics just check the politics section, how do u side with those who only see your qabil and even as u and Che very anti TFG at the same time ur loyalty was questioned in u told u support odayga undercover namean. Wax aa lii igu yiiri angia haxgaay uu guu hartaa Abduallhi Yusuf waad niin tolka ah, ooo awoooega yaqaano, oo cawa lu guu canaayo daraata, and daraadiis loo gu diilayo? The older generation poisonous young people with qabil bull, I am just glad that my parents taught me deenul Islam before being introudced to somalis. Haayey baan iska ira and move on and Alle help the Somalis. They are very divided walle. I basically know what u gonna say xiin, lakiin negetivity out weighs the positive somalis namean.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

Quote:

If we're going to mathematically/logically sum up wat Somalia has done for individuals here and what their qabil has done for them, the majority would go for Qabil over Somalia.

In the turmoil in Somalia, I say my Qabil has fought harder for my families';protection and welfare than any other group. That's what comes first in my identity.

Simple format, think it through before sounding like hippy douchebags with the whole "unity" thing.

Does he have a point?

Is he wrong/right?

I agree with him. If it weren't for my qabil, I probably wouldn't be where am I today. My qabil is a very important part of my identity and yes I am tribe xyz before I'm Somali. Being Somali has done diddly-squat for me.

Emperor   

This is true, sad but true, it has happened this and has been the case in the 17 year long civil war...

Unless the young boy sees other men of differnt clans possibily from the clans he percieves to be the enemy, defending and deiing for the sake of pretecting his family or may be a collection of men from all sorts of angles ensuring his security and bring about that great feeling of belonging to somewhere and to fill in those blank gaps, then otherwise he won't notice any good contribution from today's Somalia or any other group apart from his own clan.... It's a reality we see, a dark age we live in... Ilaah ayaa noo maqan..

Actions speak far louder than words, the young boy wants to see some actions to believe in or appreciate the contribution of anything/body else other than that of his clan. The question I ask is this, has this ever happened in Somalia in the last 2 decades?.... May be someone will bring up the time of Mahkamadaha, this was a very short period and possibly which the young boy did not even notice, but nevertheless did good although some may still questions thier motives and sincerity and the fact that their system was unfairly formed far from being perfect. That is a whole topic in its own, but for now lets only discuss about the longer and far worse experiences that Somalia went through for the past 2 decades, and what lessons can that boy take from it and how will it shape his life?

Lake   

Originally posted by Ebyan:

quote:Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

Quote:

Does he have a point?

Is he wrong/right?

I agree with him. If it weren't for my qabil, I probably wouldn't be where am I today. My qabil is a very important part of my identity and yes I am tribe xyz before I'm Somali. Being Somali has done diddly-squat for me.
^^^

That explains why you support that coward..Yey

Khalaf   

^^^^I will be "civil" here in order not to ruin this discussion and the topic at hand, sweatheart Lake stop with your hypocrisy and kindly take your qashiin somewhere else aitt? Since u aint know there is big difference between knowing ur qabil (what Ebyan said) and qabyalaat hate for other somalis ummm what u believe na mean, oohh Waraabe for president so he can show "you guys" southerners ahhhh come on man keep it real, come with juice naga dhah laba wajiidnimoda.

JB to see xiin to play ball or somthin?

Ebyan   

Let's cut the b.s. and tell it like it is. If you were to do a survey asking Somalis what was more important to them: their tribe or their country, I'm sure most (if not all) would say the former. I can't stand "douche bag hippies" who act like they don't have a qabilist bone in their body (qabil is a primitive concept,I'm reer-magal blah-blah-blah). Everyone is born to a tribe and when the lines are drawn, everyone will take sides accordingly. This isn't the result of the civil-war; Somalis are, have always been and will always be like this.

Lake;

Yeah, great, Mr.HY( that means high-york, right? :rolleyes: ) anything else? smile.gif

He is delusional, people like that can’t survive if you take them out of their little box. Tribe has done nothing for me, because personally my tribe is Somali. However my mother and father, I have to thank them from the depth of my heart, they aren’t from the same clan or tribe, but they worked together to teach me and guide me the right way. So, honestly, I will take my nation over my tribe any day of the week. What is my tribe without my nation? Nothing…..

Everyone is from “reer habal habal”. Somalis and non-Somalis have families and tribes/clans. So it really isn’t something to boast about at all. At the end of the day nation means having bounds with people won’t aren’t blood, but share something that blood can’t even compare, religion, language, culture and most importantly morals.

I really don’t know how people fellow and support a fellow kinsmen merely because of his clan/tribe…… :confused:

Yaa qabyaalad caabudo oo ka maarnin?

They are found, mostly, on the following list, and they mostly belong more than one. [Will use a male gender as an illustration since it can be both sexes.]

• Isku filnaansho la'aan
  • Kalsooni la'aan
  • Waxbarasho la'aan
  • Ixtiraan la'aan
  • Degnaansho la'aan
  • Sinaan la'aan
  • Aqoon la'aan [and it is different from waxbarasho]
  • Dareen la'aanta midnimada
  • Diin la'aan iyo diin yaraan
  • Naceybkii lagu abuuray yaraantiis ka bixi la'
  • Waayo arag la'
  • Mahad la'
  • Iimaan la'
  • Adduunkii la qabsan la'
  • Jaahilnimo
  • Afleershe
  • Waxmagarad
  • Reer baadiyonimo
  • Xaasidnimo
  • Ma shaqeyste
  • Waxmatare
  • Xantiisa badan
  • Xaasidnimadiisa badan
  • Naceybkiisa badan
  • Maseer badan
  • Ku kor noolaado qof kale
  • Dantiisa kaliya yaqaan/rabo
  • Kibir aan jirin
  • Islaweyni aan jirin
  • Waxba ma iskufale
  • Daneyste
  • Sumcadxumo
  • Ayaanxumo
  • Qaabdaroxumo
  • Dhaqanxumo
  • Dabeecadxumo
  • Damiirlaawe
  • Hantilaawe
  • Walaaltinimada ku yar
  • Cadaaladda ku yar
  • Soomaalinimadda ku yar
  • Mid aaminsan beentii lagu soo barbaariye, xataa dhabta jirto haddee ka hor imaaneyso
Waxaas iyo wax lamid ahba iyagaa u badan. They suffer from one or more of these social ills. The more uu qofka dadka kale kaga dheeryahay waxaas, the more qofkaas yahay big time qabyaaladist.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Wisdom_Seeker:

I really don’t know how people fellow and support a fellow kinsmen merely because of his clan/tribe... :confused:

I don't think you get it; it has nothing to do with boasting or supporting someone because of his/her clan. Just ask yourself a simple question..What has Somalia done for you? Personally, I can't think of any thing. My clan, on the other hand, has done a lot for me and for that I am ever grateful. There's nothing wrong with loving your tribe.

I can't for a second believe that you're not in the least bit clannishly-inclined. That is totally un-Somali.

Edit: People cut it out with the "let's-hold-hands-and-sing-kumbaya" routine. All Somalis are qabilist. Get with it. :rolleyes:

FatB   

i had a friend who wrote a thesis on Somali clans and US gang life, and their similarities. walahi it was astonishing to see how there are so many parallels between gang life and Somali clan systems.

wisdom seeker, you would be surprise on how entrenched support of kinsmen is when i comes to tribalism.