Suldaanka

On World Yoga Day - Deni Yoga asks Somaliland 'Si sharaf leh"

On 6/26/2020 at 3:19 AM, Timacaddeh said:

The reporter in your video says that the event/people are in Buuhodle, I don't know the inside of Buuhoodle to dispute that, so I take that to be true as it looks credible. I similarly provide three videos made by people in Buuhodle, reporting on the Somaliland army in Buuhodle and you say that's not Buuhodle - how do you know, do you know every building and tree in Buuhoodle?. You can't win with some folks.

Do you honestly think that if Somaliland really wanted to overrun Buuhoodle, a small town of less than 30k people, they couldn't do so? They could do that with just the regiment in Widhwidh, let alone the full strength of its army. There simply is no need, and would only result in the destruction of countless innocent citizens lives. The citizens of Buuhoodle don't want them there, and forcing them to accept Somaliland rule achieves nothing if you have to kill the people living there. Encircling them from all sides is the right way to go.

About Al Shabaab in Somaliland, are you trying to say that they haven't tried in Somaliland? They killed two British two teachers, were found immediately and executed. They tried to smuggle in bombs, the Somaliland police foiled their plots with the help of the Somaliland citizenry, and they were jailed. They have tried again and again, and failed. Stop with such nonsense as it is not tactically or strategically the right time for them to come after Somaliland. Are you high, Al Shabaab is a disorganised terror group, there is no strategy, they want to kill and maim wherever they can.They have tried just hard in Somaliland as they have in Puntland/Somalia, they just have no chance of succeeding. They succeed in Puntland and Somalia because there is no one capable of stopping them. They are literally killing your politicians in the streets and getting away scot free, in Puntland and in the rest of Somalia. They almost killed the rat Ali Geedi in his own house, WHILST he was your prime minister. Yes, an isolated terrorist attack can happen anywhere in the world. However, they control entire parts of Somalia, including major towns and parts of your capital. They are the most powerful military force in the south.

On the Somali army - how can anyone take an army headed up by 32yr old who graduated from a Turkish academy in 2014. It honestly sounds like joke to you too right?. That's no army. To call it weak is being generous. It's practically non-existent. If you had any army worth its name, your president would be able to leave his front door, and wouldn't need to be guarded by Ugandan troops. Nothing has changed.

also, I noticed you ignored the Tukaraq point, I wonder why 😁

Horta calm down you seem bit emotional. If you take emotions out of the way, only then you can be realistic with your urgument.

I need to educate you about something. Under Siyad  Barre's government, Somalia had 18 regions and one of thos regions was called "Togdheer", Districts that included Burco and Buhodle towns. So in 1998, Puntland claimed Buhodle under it's territory and recognized it as a region named "Cayn", where in turn Somaliland recognized it as a region called Buhodle (Same name as the town itself). So that is where your confusion lie, the Buhodle that they are referring in the video is the regional name. You can clearly see all your videos are shot in some Baadiye place not  the town. So if you are saying that there are some clan militias that are aligned with Somaliland that are somewhere in what Somaliland calls Buhodle region, then you are right. But I am also right that Puntland or militias aligned with them control the town as per the videos (You say the videos are old, 7/8 months old?). And if you look back, there is no where I said Puntland controls all SSC land, but I presented facts of towns where Puntland is present per your request. So I don't know what you are protesting about.

About your " Do you honestly think that if Somaliland really wanted to overrun Buuhoodle, a small town of less than 30k people, they couldn't do so? ". I like your bravado, but the reality is all the places Somaliland captured, did so with the support of the local clan militias and when clans are against them as the case is Buhodle town folks, there is no way they can capture. It is not Somaliland did not try to capture Buhodle by force before. In 2012 during SSC Jamhad formation, Somaliland captured the town in the early hours of January 24th, but they have been driven out by noun, just after couple hours of fighting in the town. See below news at the time.

Also, with Alshabab remarks, your bravado continues as though due to your might some how you immune to Alshabab. I don't know how to deal with your naivity or shall I say ignorance. Alshabab like other terrorist organisations deploy strategy and tactics in their quest to capture the whole of Somalia. Of course, they do undertake opportunitic, revenge and show of strength attacks some times like those in Hargaisa years ago, but their main strategy is to target areas where they can be effevtive logisticly and achieve maximum benefit for their goals i.e Taking over the country and imlementing their version of Islam. Somaliland is too far for them and it is too hard for them to deploy men and resources especially when they don't have local support and depend on bringing people from the South. They are targeting Bari region of Puntland because they know they can survive in those long mountainous terrain that are hard for conventional army to fight. You see they don't target Mudug or Nugal because they know they can not withstand the onslaught in those regions if they tried which they did in 2015 and rest is history.

With regards to Somalia army, I sense some dishonesty in you, when you say Alshabab control parties of Mogadishu. Really? Alshabab are losing new towns and territory in the deep South everyday and it is a matter of when not if they will be wiped out whole Somalia and by the looks of things it will happen sooner. May be you are not up to date with things in the south and you are hallucinating in your own empty bravado and illusions, but I am always happy to educate you my friend.

About Tukaraq, I don't know what you are on about here. How can it be conclusive when both sides are still at their front lines from the moment the war started? I am not disputing Somaliland captured Tukaraq unexpectedly with the help of local militias led by "Ina Cambaanshe", but the war that raged after that was firerce and bloody for both sides and none of them was able to push the other side to day. As we speak both sides are amassing troops there and war can break. That is why I am saying, it is pointless as none will win but will cause death destructions. So you should agree with me that they should stop fighting and come on the negotiating table as two equal entities and you should stop this meaningless threats and empty bravado. Here is ICG (International Crisis Group) saying the same thing I am saying:

"Indeed, the two sides’ public statements suggest both are confident in a quick military win. They are likely miscalculating. Their militaries are almost equally matched in combat strength, equipment and experience so risk getting bogged down in a protracted conflict with enormous costs (perhaps Somaliland has a slight edge but unlikely enough of one for a decisive victory): ICG. 

WWW.CRISISGROUP.ORG

A dispute between Puntland and Somaliland over the contested areas of Sool and Sanaag risks escalating into open war. The UN, supported by states with influence on the two sides, should renew diplomatic...

Kkkkkkkk if waffling was olympic contest surely you have wone it Mr Timacade. Muran should be your name. Let me educate you again just for the sake of it, when Somaliland captured Tukaraq, it was a customs checkpoint guarded by dozens of soldiers. There was no activie hostility and there has not been any clashes for long time between the two, so Somaliland militias attacked in numbers and easily brushed aside the few Puntland soldiers that were there without much casualties. Got that bit?

The real war started when Puntland regrouped and attacked. The war went on for days and months and eventually the UN inetervened with some success. That is the war I am going talking about. Did Somaliland win in that war and how? Did Puntland win that war and how? The frontlines for both sides are still the same. The casulaties for both were many and costly.

I see you are still hallucinating. If you think you have mighty army and you think you achieve things by your guns, we will see. The ICG who are not Somali say you don't have much better army or equipment than Puntland but somehow your hallucinations should be taken as facts. Anyways let's leave it there, it is pointless urgument. Tara.