Sign in to follow this  
Xalimo7

Abortion?

king_450   

Nin-Yaabin Good to c you 2 brother,but i did not hear your take in this issue extensively, after reading all your posts about "Women" so bro what is your take in your Dhaqan Scenario?.

King, glad to hear from you again bro. Well like i said in my earlier post, ABORTION is really wrong and is both against our religion and dhaqan.

Now, I understand Somalialiens reason for wanting to have an abortion if she was raped, and was pregnanat with a baby. But that seems to be really misguided idea. Are you really afraid that the baby you are carrying will turn out to be rapist? The only think you'd do is, harm yourself, by killing a living thing thats part of you.

In many times, women who were raped and later were pregnant kept the babies instead of killing it. They know at the end, that killing the baby is far more horrific than what the rapist had done to them.

king_450   

Lol Nin-yaaban gald 2 c back again, what you mean in many times, in my life i haven't seen this cases we are talking about,thank god i am not studying to be a Generalist, are you referring the way somalis use to react, when a Somali Women get pregnant(unwanted),or you are talking about Centuries ago.

you can blame the times, the country yr living in, wtv. but yr just fooling yrself.

fyi, im not glorifying anything, people are having sex, kids are having sex and it isnt a NEW phenomenon so youll just have to deal with it. of course abstinence should be taught, the fact that theyre too young to be having sex is obvious by their reaction to the consequences, but thse girls wouldnt be so quick to run to a clinic if they had someone to guide them instead of turn them away (which is what theyre afraid of) shaking yr head isnt helping resolve this problem is it? and as far as islamic rule being valid for 1400 yrs, that may be true, but there was NEVER a point in time where the majority of any pop. lived by it, especially concerning pre-marital sex. do a poll asking the single guys at sol if any of them are virgins, i bet you the results ll be HELLA different for the girls. why? cause society is more forgiving to male screw ups. i admire yr ideologic views on people, but i think when discussing a topic like this you should be a lil pragmatic.

pre-marital sex is wrong and dangerous, but it tends to happen when two horny people are alone together. they did it, they wanted it, now what? well judging by the responses here, we should all goad the female, but that doesnt seem right does it? how about teaching them the sacredness of their bodies (this goes for the fellas too), the sacredness of a relationship between a man and a woman, and the beauty of the waiting process. but that likely wont happen cause were too busy congratulating the guy on his easy lay, and calling the girl a slut and reminding her that her self-worth as a person is really worthless. i never said that getting an abortion was their only solution, i just understand how a teenager (essentially a child) would find an abortion an attractive solution, ESPECIALLY somali teens. i said im pro-choice cause im really sympathetic to a woman whod be in a situation where she had to choose between those horrendous 2 options. abortion's a serious issue and i resent you accusing me of peddling it like some candy.

first and foremost girl what kidn of facts do you have. I live in mn and i never heard shit like this. Secondly, i know girls are having sex like its the shit to do when they know its sin.

king_450   

Ilhan rather then redicueling the sister, did you attend Somali Community Meetings, if not perhaps you might need to go there and see what the porblem is all about. Either you igoring the issue and don't want blv what is happening to your communtiy or you want it to go away. The sister raised a good issue that no one ever get the courage to put up, so why not find out ,and if it is true ,extend hand to your community.

This is a complicated issue, take what u can, and leave what u can't accept. No one can alter anyones view points. Pro-choice, and has sever consequences. Let's put this issue to rest. I am sick of people chaning what this whole issue is about, I didn't claim to murder one year old's. I never said aborotion was right. So whatever a young women decides to do, it's absolutely her own choice. So......let's leave this topic, and I hope to those victims who are dealing with these situations, I hope u make it through; and might go be with u. smile.gif

Opening your legs then saying "I need to be educated about sex" Yeah right. How ****** is that

Some people cant resist temptation. That's there only problem. If I was either one of these kids parents (Thank god I aint) I would knock some since into them. :mad: I am sick and tired of hearing, "It just happened" Or "He forced me" Excuses, excuses, excuses, they never seem to run out of excuses. :mad:

I reckon that these girls need to be sent back to Somalia so that they can get their things stitched up. Some of you might think that ama sick or whatever but if that's the only way that can help them then so be it. redface.gif [/QB]

"he forced me" is an excuse? id say its an excuse to call the cops on his ass. butchering their genitals is the solution you have for a kid having sex? im sorry, but its comments like that, and thinking like that, that these kids are having "secret" abortions for. underdog had a point,(it was somewhere in between him calling me a heathen and a pimp) pre-marital sex is at the root of this problem and we need to be able to adress it properly (at least better than you did) if/ when it happens. i really hope you wrote that out of anger or something cause i think you got more sense than that. it takes two.

Raxmah   

Somealien I really didn't know this was happening to Somali women, I dont live in MN, I dont hear somali women having abortion in Michigan, its trully sad though.

Also for those who suggested sex ed, cmon know these are adults doing this and anyone with a head will know that is wrong to have abortion, its a murder, I would bet all those somalis are doing of shame, bc they fear ppl, while allah SWt knows everything why not fear him. Sex ed is not going to do any good, think of all the ppl being taught, and still doing it, even though the out come is going to be AIDS HIV Pregnancy, they know the out come of their actions, but they choose to ignore it, that does not mean ignorant about the effects of premarital sex, that is not using their brains to make decisions, its becuase they are stopid.

La-y-La   

acuudu this is crazy!! I do hear at times from ppl coments like "Heblaayo got preg.. n had abortion" but then i just thought those were just gurls talking. :rolleyes:

I never really thought someone would atually take a life knowing what they are exactly doing. :(

About the sex thingy, that shyt been going 4 far 2 long. I guess the somali communty should try to get activities to keep them kids out of each other's pants.

I do blv a childs upbringings has a lot to do wit how a child bahves, i mean if the parents taught their kids diinta, u know wax kasto way qoran yihiin, but then parents should be apart of a child's life as much as they possibly can.

inta kale, Illah lee cudurada haka ilaaliyo and hope things get better for somalis insha'allah.

peace.

boycott   

The debate should be directed towards the substance for having an abortion. I don't think those screw up kids were victim of rapist so

lets speak rather about careless fleshy moment, and fruit of 5 min legs up in the air. Should one commit the crime for all that to fall through an existing life? do you think pro choice does apply in such case? or the guy should be held responsible for his dids (if there is ever one around). what about parents failed on their educative roles? what about the doctrine of permissive society in contrast with islamic position? whats the future for having an abortion?...

I have heard some girls who never recovered having an abortion, now what on earth takes a mother throw her baby (once had) in the garbage?

Originally posted by Xalimo7:

Ladies i am going to throw the towel off, did you hear that one of the best Hospitals in the nation

HCMC(Hennepin County Medical Ctr) is quoted from saying that , what on earth is happening to the SOmali Teens? they are having more abortion then any other Minority in the state of Minnesota, they asked the leaders of the somali community to put this maddness to an end.

I see no one is questioning whether Xaliimo's claim is genuine or not.

Precisely what kind of Hospital will make such a statement? Not only is there something called patient confidentiality (specially when it comes to abortion. Even your family doctor doesn't have to know if you've had an abortion. Unless the girl gives her permission, no abortion clinic will ever reveal any information), but the hospital would also be liable for any and all the lawsuits that will come swinging their way.

Xalimo7...if you insist on putting up such a topic, at least make sure your information is accurate. Also...lets say, if for any reason, that Hospital did make such a statement, please be good enough to post the quote, or give a link to the website you got it from.

ZOLA   

every hospital in MN has a paper that u sing (HIPAA ..i hope i got that rite).... this means that the hospital will not give out any info on the patient ...everything is kept confidential....i dont know why HCMC would make such a statement....

imperial lady..i agree with u galfriend....

i dont believe in abortions.....but i believe every gal has her own choice....we all know what our religion tells us about abortions.

lol@Opinion....it takes 2 to make a baby rite...

A.A