galbeedi

With divided Vila-Somalia and lame president , the only winner in Djibouti summit will be Muuse Biixi.

32 minutes ago, Mr X said:

When they start planting trees for photo-op you know the whole thing is a publicity stunt.

D5643613-FAA7-417B-A090-FFC3CE940A65.jpeg

Lol, that cracked me up. 

Somalis are cynical bunch.  War haddii kheyr kasoo baxo waa kheyr. 

La hadlaa talo la helaa.  Kala fadhi ka roon.  

Anything that brings peace and prosperity to the Somali inhabited lands should be applauded. 

Stop over analysing everything. 

20 minutes ago, Saalax said:

the talks already broke down. :D

Lol 😆 

Aqoonsi iyo maslaxaad hadii ay helaan maxaa iyaga laga helayaa?

Remember, negotiations are a two-way street.

Mr X   
1 hour ago, galbeedi said:

Are we getting here many  double twins of Suldaanka?

Well, let me try to answer these questions.

Let me start with the second one. These state you mentioned and Mogadishu have been circling the wagon for 30 years. Every Somali political arrangement was centred in Mogadishu despite its insecurity and problems. Rather than start the rehabilitation and pacification of the nation from the peaceful regions and gradually liberate and secure hot spots, successive Somali governments were forced to put up shop in hostile Mogadishu and spread the insecurity to the peaceful regions.

If Garoowe is stable and peaceful why would a Somali president ride a tank and hide in Villa-Somalia where Al-shabaab mortars could reach him?. 

In fact, I was talking last night a guy from Puntland who told me that when Farmaajo was welcomed to Puntland few years ago with the most enthusiastic crowd ever  a leader received, an elder  told him to establish a second presidential palace in Garoowe and live part time and avoid the tank of Mogadishu. Since Farmaajo is paranoid of everything Puntland , and he refused.

Cabdiqasim was advised either to go to Villa-Somalia and clear the gangs who occupied or settle Baidoa. Yet, he decided to settle in a Hotel in Mogadishu, and finished his term without leaving the hotel. C/laahi Yusuf tried to go different way, but the stakes became high due to many reasons.

So, my friend,  the so called regions have nothing to lose by relocating the capital. In fact, the people of Mogadishu will  lose the billion dollar cash cow siphoned with the Nairobi based NGO's , but they might get a peace of mind. Besides, other than Puntland the rest are just getting out of the gate, and Puntland itself is going no where these days in terms of development and institution building. Every thought Puntlander knows that the tribal contract of 22 years ago can not go on unless real change comes to the Somali situation. They might not even survive another four years if the same status quo.

On the first question of Somaliland gaining nothing nothing, I beg to defer. If one is in the diaspora sipping coffee Late, all is well, but for the average citizen, stagnation and unemployment is the norm. There is no upward mobility. Both Biixi and the one before him realized that  after 30 years , they could not grow the budget little  motr than  $200 million which is pennies compared with potential of Somaliland.  Without being a real nation, Somaliland can not export the huge livestock trades , and extract the huge coastal minerals and other resources . Somaliland leaders are tired of being governors while Somali leaders are accorded the highest level of statesmanship while they are debating village or town type issues.

Did you hear Muuse Biixi firing the director of Hargeisa hospital and replacing the one he fired two years ago?. Why would a president of a country even bother to micro manage a local hospital? where are the regional governor or city mayor, or the director general of the health ministry?. It is the nature of the job of the governors.

The people in Somaliland are tired of stagnation, huge youth unemployment and the useless debate of the elite that doesn't improve their lives. With a national capital in Hargeisa tens of thousands of the youth could get jobs and the bride that was lost could come back easily. THe people in Somaliland a decent people who prioritize peace and stability more than anything. The people even tolerate with Biixi and company who are doing nothing to improve their lives. Compare to the Mogadishu crowd who despite getting all the billions worth of  infrastructure from around the world, yet do not appreciate the status given by Somali people.

The people of Somaliland are tired of waving the flag with nothing in exchange. They are tired of their kids dying in the high seas after graduating from school. 

The only downside would be people the  like our Suldaanka and others who say " Hargeisa Unaka Leh" like those in MOgadishu have to accept the new status.

Look just Biixi at the moment. Everyday he is accused of stealing someone else's little blot of land. Habarta dawlada hoose dhul ka qaadato ama Mayorku boobaba waxa ay leedahay Muusaa i boobay. 

You guys might realize, but if the virus lock-down keeps growing many mayors and politicians will in Somaliland will steal  land and issue multiple land licenses and others fraud means to survive.  All that will be put on Muuse Biixi in the nightly news. It is happening both in Borama and Hargeisa right now. Biixi will leave the the Habro quarrel behind, leave the kids table and sit down with big boys as the leader of free Somalia. 

It is an opportunity that will never come back. He knows he will not get re-election and  that position will be accorded to Chairman Cirro or who ever is the next leader of Wadani party. 

On the propaganda side, all you do is hired some of the old guard composers like Mohamed A. Dacar and the rest will be history. 

They will create a new " Waaba beryey bilicsan.

So what you are saying is Somali politicians could not solve problems in Somalia for the last 30 years but somehow adding another de facto independent State into the equation will magically bring everyone together and somehow solve the problems of both entities.

Think harder my friend. You don’t solve a problem by adding a much harder problem on top.

galbeedi   

Oday Gooni ayaa hadalka dhameeyey:

"Saleebaan-gaal, adna iyo muuse biixi waxba u keeni maayaan waana shir tacab khasaara.

Khudbadooda dhagaysta markuu shirku dhamaado hadii alle idmo.

Waxay oran doonaan si gaara yaan beesha caalamka u qaabilnay waxbaana kala socon doona, sodonka sano ee soo socda.

Cadaawad aan shacabkoodu qabin bay gaalada ka iibinayaan waa macruuf la wada ogyahay."

Somalia and Somaliland can never be reconciled. The only option is total seperation that is the only way there can be little peace in the horn of Africa. Umad kala jaad ah wadan ma wadaagi karan 

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, TRO - AJT said:

In addition to my entire family still living in Somaliland, I spend at least a month a year in Somaliland. I travel extensively the areas that fall in the pre-1991 Togdheer and Waqooyi Galbeed provinces.

You are right kid.

I am from Galbeed. I mean Koonfur Galbeed and I know few things from Somaliland.