Sign in to follow this  
JASMIINE

The Economics of Trying to Commit Suicide

JASMIINE   

Hey fellow SOLers,

I've noticed some benefits for attempting to commit suicide in Xalimos.....

I have witnessed two attempted suicides with apparent benefits, first one was my 18 yrs old neighbor couple yrs ago. She was in love with the guy she was seeing and wanted to marry him. He was twenty and their parents thought they were too young and refused to let them get married. Well one summer night the girl drank one gallon of chlorox bleach (not completely sure) and she was found on the bathroom floor unconcious. After she got medical help and recovered she was allowed to marry :eek:

The other attempted suicide occured fairly recently: a friend of a friend was dating a guy and he kept getting cold feet in moving their relationship forward or getting married. There were even rumors that he wanted to end their relationship. After an argument she overdosed on bills and him seeing how series she was about him commited to keep the relationship.

So, is there really an apparent benefit in attempting suicide in Somalian girls? it is a way of getting attention and showing how serious they are? But we're muslims and i dont think that's a way to show their need for help.

Jacpher   

You gotta be kidding me. Somali girls attempting suicide for faaraxs? I thought certain things were meant for certain people.

It’s tragic walaahi to see young girls become statistic. They need to seek professional help.

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Somali girls attempting suicide for faaraxs?

Yup. Hard to blv.

Tolerating Faaraxs = Understandable

Liking Faaraxs = plausible

Loving Faaraxs = slightly worrisome

Dying for Faaraxs = absolutely insane

JASMIINE   

^^ smile.gif

i couldnt believe it either but it has happened and according to my mother it used to happen back home too. Obviosly anyone who wants to take his own life for a faarax has serios issues.

Janna   

If these girls wanted to commit suicide, they would have used more serious weapon. However women are known to use lighter methods to commit suicide. Overdosing is common, it’s a form of wanting help from others. I have heard many stories where Somali women threaten to commit suicide if their partners were to leave them.

This is hardly any benefit to this. Just imagine a pleasant occassion like wedding associated with what should be one of happiest events in your life. Lets hope they get help.

Tolerating Faaraxs = Understandable

Liking Faaraxs = plausible

Loving Faaraxs = slightly worrisome

Dying for Faaraxs = absolutely insane

Wow....Just contempt for so many people , majortity of whom you obviously don't know or never met. Ladies, looks like some issues of your own or do you just enjoy using "Faaraxs" as punching bags.

Every breath of a human, every moment of his or hers life in all Religious traditions, their teachings, their guidance, their viewpoints, their perspectives is worth more than a priceless gem.

These breaths the human being takes in order to survive in life and the moments of life itself are like the pearls of a necklace. Just as a pearl will embellish the appearance of that neck that wears the necklace of pearls, in the same way the life of a individual is enhanced by that person who looks after the moments of his life. No Treasure trove of any Ruler, no Sultanate of any Sultan, no Kingdom of any King, no Rulership of any Queen in tantamount is equal in value to one moment of an individuals life.

Life in-fact in numerous places of the Quraan, either directly or indirectly, is described by Allah as a favour on human beings.

In one verse of the Quraan, Allah says,

" How can you disbelieve? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return." (Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 28)

Out of all the bounties Allah has bestowed upon human beings, the most precious is the gift of life. Each one us should remember that this life Allah has granted us, it is not our personal possession or our personal property. In-fact it is a trust from Allah, making us merely trustees. Because we are trustees we should utilise each and every moment of our lives in the paths that please Allah.

In one verse of the Quraan Allah informs mankind,

"And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)". (Surah Adh-Dhariyat Verse 56).

From this verse we can learn the reason why Allah created mankind.

How precious is this gift of life, we can learn through the Holy Quraan, Ahadeeth (Traditions and Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) and the Shariah (Islamic Law).

Suicide In Islam.....Why should you kill yourself.. smile.gifsmile.gif

Maf Kees   

Originally posted by ALexus.:

If these girls wanted to commit suicide, they would have used more serious weapon. However women are known to use lighter methods to commit suicide. Overdosing is common, it’s a form of wanting help from others.

Maybe they don't want to die screaming and suffering with blood all over the place?

But this is sad. These Halimos don't need therapy bullshidh. What they need is go back to Somalia and stay with Batulo the witchdoctor for a few months. Her tariffs are low, but the results are great. I can give them her number. And when they are healed, I'll give them mine. smile.gif