Sign in to follow this  
silent-sistah

I HATE SOMALI PEOPLE!

Kool_Kat   

Sinlent_sis, isn't HATE such a big word...Why hate all of us...Sometimes it is nice to meet ppl who have diff interests, views, and hobbies than you...That way you can learn from them...Imagine if everyone was just like you, then you'll have nothing to look forward to, nothing to learn from others, no life, cuz everyone is like you...So sometimes being diff isn't so bad...

I am not saying all Somalis are angels, believe me we are NOT...But there's alwayz the good ppl, and you might not come accross them so far in your life...SO don't let a few bad experiences ruin your perspective of us...

OG_MOTI, you're leaving aa? What's wrong with you man...We need you here...Don't you dare leave us...Or you'll break a happy family...lol

N'way, good luck bro...I must say you are one decent bro that I have the pleasure of getting to know...Take care...

A7LA-SHU   

WOOW AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T UNDERSTAND MY PPL.. HOME GIRL DON'T LET THEM GET TO YA. COZ THERE ARE SOME NICE ONES(10% THAT IS). AND THERE ARE THOSE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THEM MYSELF.. BUT SOME OF THE THINGS U SAID WERE TRUE.. SORRY MY OTHER NOMADS HERE I AIN'T HATIN. BUT SOMALIS ARE ONE WEIRD PPL.

AND UR AUNT WAS ONE SMART LADY.. BUT HEY U LEARNED WHAT SHE WAS TRYIN TO TELL U THE HARD WAY.. I HAVE MY MOTHER WHO TELLS ME THE SAME... I KNOW SHE AIN'T SOMALIAN BUT SINCE SHE IS MARRIED TO ONE I THINK SHE KNOWS THEM MORE THAN I DO. SO BELIEVE ME I DON'T HAVE THAT MANY SOMALIAN FRIENDS AND IM GLAD I DON'T. COZ THEY NOTHING BUT HEADACHE AND DRAMA. AND SOMALI GIRLS LETS JUST SAY THEY FULL OF CRAP(THE ONES I HAVE SEEN). AND ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS WHO SAID WHAT AND WHAT WAS DONE BY WHO(ALL THE HE SAID SHE SAID).. I SURE DON'T HAVE TIME TO TALK ABOUT WHAT PPL DO WITH THEIR LIVES AND WHO THEY DATIN.. AND THEY SURE GOSSIP LIKE WOOW. I GUESS THE WORD SECRET ISN'T IN THEIR DICTIONARY..COZ HEY IF THAT PERSON IS GOSSIPIN ABOUT HER HOME GIRL WHAT WOULD SHE SAY ABOUT ME? HMMMMM I WOULDN'T WANNA FIND OUT :rolleyes: ..

NOW THAT U LEARNED UR LESSON.. BETTER KNOW WHO U DEALIN WITH FRIST.. smile.gif

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Silent Sister -- I see where you are coming from and why you are frustrated. I have met many somalis, and since my Somali isn't that good am judged by that and how I look. I dont hate them, Many have hurted my feelings, but I've learned to forgive but not forget. Everything they say to me goes to one ear comes out of the other one. Most of my friends are non-somalis, as matter of fact that is why I came to this site so I can communicate with somalis. But I dont think i will ever hate somalis, no matter who they are. All I have to do is choose my friends wisely, cause at the end am the one who is gona get hurt if I dont do that. Abaayo am sure there is many somalis you haven't met, next time look carefuly, and know who is worth of your trust and time.

salaam Silent sistah.....

I understand how you feel, and it brings tear to my eyes coz it happens to a lot of us . the problem is we invest too much of ourselves in others seeking love/friendship/or company. MUSLIM SISTAH said it, "your fingers aren't all the same size" and not everyone you meet will be a loving caring friend.

I always wondered why I have such a good friendship with non-somalis(don't get me wrong I do have somali friends)but whatever they say about you goes to their society, homes, friends it rarely come back to you! Somalis, we're like big ol' family, what happens in VA is known in Oregon. you go figure!

believe in yourself and your faith in Allah(SWT)

I did lost trust in our people but not hope...and with hope they'll always gain their trust back.

Zakariye   

s/alakum

war yaa ka xanaajiyey gabadha silen sista, walaal marka ugu horeysa , you have every right to hate ,to love and to ignore whoever u choose, laakin waxaa ceeb nagu ahi in aan niraahno , i hate somali ppl, qofna ma nici karo soomaali oo idil waa qalad, waxaa nagu jiro dad xun iyo dad fiican, if you are happy with being non-somalis then i think u should do and associate with them more often,cz i for one will be happy to c u go back with ur friends then being mad at all somalis, and when something happens to you, tell that you are not somali anymore .IT is better both for ur soul and for the somalis. Good luck walaal and happy life.

c/salaam

Modesty   

Asalaamu ALaykum,

Silent_sistah girl I would suggest you hang out with your Somali ppl more. I think the problem you're having is that you're not used to being conditioned to Somali behaviour, because if you were most likely you probably wouldn't resort to such angry remarks. Personally, I feel comfortable hanging out with Somalis,and aside from class buddies who aren't Somali, all my true friends are Somali. Sure! Somalis are known to be rude,and crude, but thats our way of showing Luv. You just have to learn what kind of responses to give in these incidents, and plus Somalis are fun with their rudeness :D .Try that method and I guarantee you will post a new topic called:I LOVE SOMALI PEOPLE! :cool:

silent-sista!

[they spread malicious lies, without checking their sources]

i feel your pain! specially the quote above! in la ppl live is a solitary lives so u run into some now then around town. one day, i keep running into these 2 guys, and they keep giving nasty looks. u know we said greeting and went on our ways! couple days i get these phone call from a friend. and tells guess what! ppl here in la saying that your darood and they pissed with! i got what! first of all they dont even know me so how do they come with this idea! my friends says, oh, they say that u look like one! so i told hi dont correct them just tell, yeah he darood and lemme check out what is their beef! i see them sometimes at starbucks on weekends, they dont bother to even say salams! hey, i like it that way. do they my bills, no, so i dont need ignort ppl like that in my life! and i dont care how they live their life. so when i say nomads who have real twisted brains, i just never get involved. my time is to valuable to be wasted with unrully folks. na'mean. sista i know you will find the good folks if i give it a lil.

N.O.R.F   

silent sistah, i truly understand wot yr sayin, alot of our ppl r just not worth it, the lies, the jelousy, xanta, munaafaqnimada, but just deal with it at yr own pace, need help and advice we here 4 ya!

Haashim   

Silent Sistah, thanks for expressing your view on us and i think you're not wrong since the majority of somalis are charectrised the descriptions that you listed and the best proof of your view is that we're the only nation in the modern history which has no government more than 12 years and to be honest there is no hope coming from the our warlord leaders :mad: , have you seen them when they were discussing in Kenya :D

almost every day there is a fight between two, yesterday one of them was threatning .. haddii wax laga beddeli waayo shirka sidow ku socdo gacannaa la isula tagaa :confused: , they have no principles at al neither good nor bad, even they're not QABIILISTS as many thought, they're our real represantives and we're their fellowers.

In conclussion you're absouletly RIGHT.

Qof magaala ka xanaaqay , magaalay ma qogtahay ?

Sista , i do not agree with you and i can't see why everyone just saying negative things about Somali ppl YO!! we are a great nation and having couple of apples rotten in the basket doesn't make the whole basket rotten,

SilentSista: but I have tried, and cant find them, and frankly I give up,

hehehhe what you mean you can't find them ? yo somali ppl are not different from any other nation , treat us good and you get good treatment in return do not judge by individual cases !!

~have some screwed-up loyalties,

~some mixed up principles,

~their priorities are f!cked up,

~they jump to conclusions faster than God knows what,

~they spread malicious lies, without checking their sources,

~they cant handle seeing you successful- envious,

~they cant let you get on with your life in peace they have to mess it up- devious!

~they lie, cheat and never keep a promise.

~they share the same tongue and land with you

~they share religion with you

~they are your blood/land relative

~they survived for 10 yrs without official recognized government

~they always offer helping hand if you ask

i could name many more but i think i been talking too much! So dear sista don't be so negative and harsh on our people!

Silent-Sista... Ask somali person about what they think of other somalis and somali culture in general. Most of the time, somalis will go on, and on about everything thats wrong with our culture. So, we are famous for negative self-criticism. You are doing the same thing here. So, it is bit odd to complaining about the very thing, you are now doing. It is simple walaal, as somali person you will be exposed to all thats good and bad about somalis. You will just have to learn to nagivate through everything thats somali. You gotta understand also non-somali will only show you their positive side, and try to conceal their bad habits ( Believe me every nation has bad habits). Anyway, it is your choice at end of the day whether you hang out with your ppl, or someone else who you are comfortable with, and worth your time. Just one more thing, if you are cutting all forms of association with somalis in real life.Whats point of associating them in cyberworld. I guess your story is, Malaaga ma cuno laakin fuud kisaa cabaa.

P.S Maybe you , magnoon-gal and few others here who had bad experience with somalis can form " Somalis who dunno wanna hang out with other somalis club".

Ppl, just wondering it seems everybody who respond to the topic who don't fit Silent-Sista's describtion of somalis. Lets take a sample. What are the chances of all us not having one of those habits. I guess all good somalis are in SOL...lol

hasnt high school taught you guys anything? this isnt ony a somali thing, granted the average somali gossips may be higher but still, not everyone who is friendly is yr friend, and who told you to choose yr friends by nationality? anyways, highschool taught me that it was always the insecure and people with tooo much time on their hands who were the most viscious so maybe you should befriend some people who have lives of their own, that way theyll be too busy to worry about yours. my best friend is somali and if there were anyone i could count on to have my back itd be her and vice versa and i dont think it has anything to do with our nationalities.

Curly   

Well it's all true sista i've been in the same position and i totally gave up on all of them, but after a while i met a few people who actually gave me some hope for the Somali nation, so why do exactly what they're doing? why sterotype everyone?

Silent-Sister, I truly understand what you are saying. I'm not a great advocate for Somalis either. I know they are my people, and I love them (well... :D ) as long as they are far away from me! Especially where I currently reside. I used to live in London, and I must say, the Nomads down there are much nicer, than the ones over here. In this "lovely" (*end sarcasm*) city of mine, family members attack each other with weapons. One such case, a girl...let's call her Anab - as an example - apparantly said something about yet another girl named Mariam. It was another classcial HE SAID SHE SAID scenario. It escalated so that Mariam confronted Anab in her own house, with five of her friends. One of these friends turned out to be Anab's FIRST cousin. Still, the girls beat up poor Anab in front of her 3-month old baby in her own house after kicking down the front door because Anab refused to open it, for fear of attack. :eek: :eek:

Now pray tell, is this Nomadly behaviour? In my entire life I've never had a close Somali friend, and yes, we mustn't judge all by the same standards, but it's damn hard to find some genuine NICE Somalis out there. It's almost as if being Somali justifies nasty behaviour to another Somalian. The people I have come across tend to be on another level, and are completely gobsmacked if you happen to have different interests than them. Their interests are more often than not, weddings (attending or getting married, which one was the biggest, most rubbish...etc), the hottest faraax/xalimoo around and other insignificant matters of life.

What I'm talking about here is the level of compatibility with a fellow Somalian. We have created a Social Barrier which if one breaks away from, one is considered to be a traitor. Mind you, this happens in all cultures. For example, if a black person moves out of the ghetto, then that person is considered to be Whitenised. This is a good thing for the black community, their existence is placed on the map, yet the people left behind won't be happy. The same theory applies to us Somalis. The few that have high aims in life, are discriminated against and treated as traitors and isolated. So Silent-sis, yours is most probably a case of ignorance, jealousy and other petty emotions on THEIR part, so don't pay much heed.

But, having said that, I have always approached members of my race with utmost respect and I will continue to do so. It's only when they do not return that respect (which is more often than not, unfortunately) that I cut them off.

Silent-sis, I'm getting the impression that you are a great person, please continue to be that! And pray that you meet some of the 10% that are good Somalis. :D:D

That's my slightly-more-than-two-pence...I'm feeling generous today ;):D

MaLikah   

Che-Guevere-

Ppl, just wondering it seems everybody who respond to the topic who don't fit Silent-Sista's describtion of somalis. Lets take a sample. What are the chances of all us not having one of those habits. I guess all good somalis are in SOL...lol

Lol- I guess we must be..