- Femme -

2007-2013 SOA memory lane - where are the old school members?

Recommended Posts

Howdy all,

The corona self isolating times has got me reminiscing and Somalia online somehow got into my mind. It took me several tries to search for my username (I no long used that email) and try maybe 10 different passwords and I finally was able to log in. So many memories! I made this account in 2007 when I started college. It gave me a lot of entertainment when I wanted break from my studies. 

I used to go by Femme Fatale and enjoyed the Women and General forum lively discussions at that time. According to my account, my last post was in 2013. 

I wonder if folks from that time are around?

I took a quick look to see those I remember and I'm glad some did not change their names: Underdog, Ngonge (wow! some of the greatest posts), Valenteenah and her friend (can't remember the name!), BOB, Macalin/Lakkad, Miskiin Maqruuf Aqiyaar (I remember lots of politics posts), Nuune, Stoic, Johnny B, and many others!

 

Say Hi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

Hi Femme, welcome back to SOL. 2007 to 2013 is like the bronze age in SOL's calendar so unfortunately all but one of the characters you have mentioned are resting in peace in this forum's virtual cemetery. The exception is MMA who refused to go away like a bad spirit and continues to haunt us day and night. 

Oh and there is another ancient still here called Che. He too is from that era but we have managed to mummify him and he is on display now and then😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I remember Che too. 
 

Bronze Age? Yikes. What do you consider the golden ages then? Were you there back then too and changed ur username? 

Thanks for the welcome. It feels weird to be back. Like divorcing your first love when you were in your twenties and getting back together in your 60s. He’s old, balding, fat around the middle-but you still remember the good times and what first attracted you to him. Sigh. 

I see the most boring forum (ahem politics) finally took over and got rid of all the others.  No offence! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 7:02 PM, - Femme - said:

Howdy all,

The corona self isolating times has got me reminiscing and Somalia online somehow got into my mind. It took me several tries to search for my username (I no long used that email) and try maybe 10 different passwords and I finally was able to log in. So many memories! I made this account in 2007 when I started college. It gave me a lot of entertainment when I wanted break from my studies. 

I used to go by Femme Fatale and enjoyed the Women and General forum lively discussions at that time. According to my account, my last post was in 2013. 

I wonder if folks from that time are around?

I took a quick look to see those I remember and I'm glad some did not change their names: Underdog, Ngonge (wow! some of the greatest posts), Valenteenah and her friend (can't remember the name!), BOB, Macalin/Lakkad, Miskiin Maqruuf Aqiyaar (I remember lots of politics posts), Nuune, Stoic, Johnny B, and many others!

 

Say Hi!

Welkam back, sister. I hope all is well on your side. Nuune and other old timers like raula and Garabtuujiye are on Facebook.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:21 PM, Tallaabo said:

Hi Femme, welcome back to SOL. 2007 to 2013 is like the bronze age in SOL's calendar so unfortunately all but one of the characters you have mentioned are resting in peace in this forum's virtual cemetery. The exception is MMA who refused to go away like a bad spirit and continues to haunt us day and night. 

Oh and there is another ancient still here called Che. He too is from that era but we have managed to mummify him and he is on display now and then😁

Waraa dhoore maxaa iga rabtaa? I am not interested joining Twitter, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Tiktok, Instagram iyo qashinka kale yar yarka xiiseeyaan. Marka iga gambiso waraa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holac   

Their kids or even grand kids are here probably. Once you hit 58, you become a reader, not a poster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coofle   
On 6/9/2020 at 1:21 AM, Tallaabo said:

Hi Femme, welcome back to SOL. 2007 to 2013 is like the bronze age in SOL's calendar so unfortunately all but one of the characters you have mentioned are resting in peace in this forum's virtual cemetery. The exception is MMA who refused to go away like a bad spirit and continues to haunt us day and night. 

Oh and there is another ancient still here called Che. He too is from that era but we have managed to mummify him and he is on display now and then😁

Virtual cemetery ku lahaa ... 😁😁😁😁😶🙄

the bit I liked about SOL was mainly the cordial banter, once the serious political discussion lot took over , nahdii baa ka baxday. 

Ngonge's posts were gold and let us not forget Abtigiis. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   
On 6/9/2020 at 1:55 AM, - Femme - said:

I see the most boring forum (ahem politics) finally took over and got rid of all the others.  No offence! 

Yeah the politics section became like that one tea shop in an abandoned village where travellers stop by now and then to catch a breath and get a word or two about the happenings of life. Without it SOL would be like those excavation sites which once upon a time used to be busy towns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.