Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Vagina Monologue with a somali twist.

Abtigiis   

Indeed dear Faheema,

I have never assumed nor had any misconceptions about what people do or not do in chatrooms under the cover of anonimity as a represenation of the real persona of the person. And hence, it was wrong for you to conclude that I do not feel shame or have no right to stop what I think as wrong;just becuase I have exercised few rights and prerogatives in a forum primarily intended to entertain, to play with one another and to discuss controversial issues. Likewise, the reversve is true. I have no right to conclude you and all the others with the pristine cyber-life here are indeed so in real life.

My greying hair has taught me that often appearances are deceptive. That is why I refuse to take lectures on decroum from anybody who for all I know could be acquiring new cloths for whatever end.

Having said that what I object is not for her to talk and ask about sexuality to be clear with you. It is the explicit use of language to depcit it and the danger of taking chanting private parts as normal just because some socities do so. I still think those who cry out loud at the mention of the S-issue are not necessarily morally grounded than any of the others who write those stuff.

Who holds what ground in the moral ladder could only be known when you meet and live with the person. That is why I, as corrupt as you may think of me, have the right to exercise the discretion of saying what I think is right and oppose what I think is not. That doesn't mean I am right. But it is my mind,and if my mind is tinier than that of you, I don't blame my God. It is serving me well so far in the life that matters. Let the big one of you serve you well in the phantom life of keyboards.

Nin dhan oo sodog ah ayey ku leedahay maxaad morality uga hadli? adious!

Faheema.   

A&T, I was in agreement with you in most parts, until you said this…

Originally posted by
Abtigiis &Tolka:

Nin dhan oo sodog ah ayey ku leedahay maxaad morality uga hadli?

What does that have to do with anything? Ma nin Dhiman baa jira? Reinforcing and validating your muscularity isn’t something I’ve queried nor have I said anything about you as an individual. My comments was solely on the content of your stories.

Anyhow, it seems you take everything so personal, markaa amaankaan kuugu dadaalay. smile.gif

Malika   

^You did dear,question his moral fibre and the audacity to object to the use of 'V' word,reminding him of his stories and how vulgar and other words to discribe your dislike. ..It was a witch hunt dee,wilka sorry iska dhe! icon_razz.gif:D

Abtigiis   

Faheema

In case you have problem with Somali, let me tell you what Sodog means. It is not reinforcing muscularity, it is reinforcing being a parent. And as such yes, there are things that I don't approve it. Sodog macnaheedu waa nin gabadh dhalay. Do you understand now?

Talking of the distinction between me and my stories, if you are genuine that the two are not linked, you will not ask me why I oppose this thing? You have taken a picture about me based on my storied and think I should leave lewd discussion alone. And I insist, I HAVE never called names of private parts in my stories. That is what I object in case you think I am inconsistent! Prove me wrong.

Faheema.   

^^Thank you for the lesson in Somali. I see you’re selective in your reading, as I did not mention the word ‘Sodog’ in my reply. :rolleyes:

Malika Walal, I am referring to his online character. If anything, he’s the one questioning my moral stand.

Depicting womanhood as women’s body or parts of her body is shooting yourself in the foot.

I couldnt agree more. I'm sick and tired of these "woe is me" cries of women who exploit other less fortunate women for the sake of grabing the "lime light" so to speak to further their careers :rolleyes: . A woman is more than the sum of her body-parts.

Paragon   

^LOL.

To AT&T

Soomaalida waxay tiraahdaa: 'Geeloow daaq oo daaq, balse maalintaad Ciin daaqdo ayaa laguu yaabaa'.

Marka adigu qofaad doontaba aad la kaftantide, balse maalintaad Fahiimah shanta la soo gashid ayaa la hubaa in aan tookha tuurayo, sxb. Ee wiilyahow na kala illaali, raggu yuusan is golxobayn e'. smile.gif

Chimera   

Well said Chocolate & Honey! - Case in point: opportunistic Somali models have turned a barbaric tradition practiced by 100-150 million people in the world into a ''Somali tradition'' and stereotyped the same women they claim to represent with this outdated practice, without changing a damn thing on the ground. Fact is American women didn't protest to the world or America's rival the Soviets when they wanted to be allowed to 'vote' in the early 20th century, they didn't march in Moscow or Berlin, no! They marched in America! Somalia was well on it's way of ridding itself of this problem FGM(there are old video's where Somali female doctors talk about the progress and Somali fathers supporting the campaign) but alas the civil-war happened and with no real data from the ground we are clueless about the problem in today's Somalia

Remember that we are Somalis not Westerners even if some of us live in the west, i prefer to see my sisters the way i do them now, and that's a proud, beautiful, charming and most importantly resilient group of women, i'm not interested in seeing words coming from that area - even if hypothetical - it's just WRONG! Just like a male voice narrating a 'Always ultra sanitary product' commercial is WRONG for a kazillion reasons! There are other ways for us to communicate and tell eachother about our problems and what to do about it, but this is definitely not the way!

chubacka   

^ Its clearly not the way, its a bit lewd even by western standards. There is so mch for somali women to say about their lives an times an its best done through the right channels!

Indhoos   

Here, Here, now before you all get your eyebrows tied in knots from frowning so hard over the topic at hand.

I thought it was a suggestion, but no one waited to see what it would look like, many were quick to pull their golxob out and are standing ready to lunge.

Now if this is a topic where we can learn to talk about such matters, for healthy settings of course, it would be beneficial, but if one takes things literally, (kkkkkkk, the nether regions actually talking, Jim Carrey miyaa? *blushes* )then by all means way foolxumaaneysaa.

Now CL, You have started this topic, please explain what you have hoped would be the outcome.

Haddii ay wuxu yihiin aqoon is waydaarsi, fadlan maskaxdiina sifeeya, enough with the lewd thoughts and suggestion cob web ka jafid. Hadii ay wax kale yihiina, Alaahu ma najaynaa!!!!

Fabregas   

ha, why not,why not: I would encourage you to try to get a booking for the BBC Somali next friday, after Jumcah. Even better, translate the stories into Somali, then tell the listeners your full names and your tribes. Then you'll be ilbax and highly civilised to the correct Western standard.