Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Vagina Monologue with a somali twist.

Old man- how so? The vagina needs to speak and somehow, somewhere one day it shall speak; it has endured so much from the time of memorial. Actually come to think it has a political economy of its own and deserves an acknowledgment if you ask me. I know of the forces you speak of, but many have broken the chain and I believe so can they.

p.s over the weekend I was so proud of myself, when my baby niece shouted from the top of lungs that she has a vagina.

NGONGE   

^^ While her mother was whispering behind your shoulder 'not for long, not for long'? :D

Foolxumo wan kaa qaaday. Yes, we did well. Dee kuwan nagala hadal. Xita A&T was never this daring! :D

CL,

Try to be original and make it the kastuumo monologues, dearest (if for nothing else,just for our sense of class).

Siren,

Farxada SOL ba wali kugo jirta..marka I'll leave you for a few days to get it out of your system. icon_razz.gif

^- LOL You speak Af Hindi also? I am impressed. Mere Jaan is a great substitute as any other.

Though there's nothing wrong with the word Vagina. Its a piece of anatomy like a phalanges. Nothing to be feared of...as yet.

NGONGE   

^^ There is nothing wrong with the word itself. But everything wrong with the way you're using it. Gives a nasty whiff. icon_razz.gif

CL,

Are you calling me a woman? In the days when one had names for his body parts, Billy Ocean was the name.

ONGONE- And you, being a woman of course, would know exactly which situations warrant the precise utilization of the word? LOL

Stop being so sensitive dee and let those with a vagina decide in which context to use it. (pours him a cup of tea and ushers him away)

Its getting late people and my eyes are blood shot, I need my sleep as I have another long boring day tomorrow. Good night and god bless to all!

Cawaale   

Cajiib!!. v.warriors kulahaa.. eh? :confused:

i understand why SOL's interface is changed..but what on earth has chnaged Solers...? :confused:

i remember 5 years ago they made Arabic play in Cairo with the same context in a different title(Women's Talk) the audience were freaked and shocked, it had a wide adverse so much that later some cast members were fired by their jobs one of them was harassed by group of young men

in the city center.

NGONGE, baryahan A&T duul ka yaabiyuu arkay..you should wait for his comments now..

Sheh..you need a big cup of coffee, i can imagine what would this thread be like in few hours :D ..

Siren, good night to you.

V.Monologue with somali...Najaynaa!!...

NGONGE   

Ah! Nicely done, Siren. One has to be a woman to spot the line between decency and smut? Talking about it is not a problem. I am the last person to be accused of sensitivity or being a prude. However, sheekada waxba lago laaba. A wink and a nudge makes it titillating. A Brazilian makes it tasteless and robs it of any interest.

Still, I happily accept your cup of tea and promise to sit in the corner and watch what brave soul is going to try coming with anything half interesting. ;)

^- LOL And like I said, whose man enough to try it? People, people lets not get ahead of ourselves. (Runs off before she's strangled to death)

Oh and thats my final say for nothing-

Cawaale- A good day to you to sir (Bows and skips off to bed)

C_L-Fly the flag for vaginas of all kinds my sister! LOL

NGONGE-LOL Ah touché- but truly what overt piece of smut have you seen in C_L’s thread? The vagina monologue truly isn’t even in the least bit x rated as it sounds. Is it kind of funny and gross? Well you’d be inclined to think that being a man- because you place the vagina on a heavenly platter to which you’d not like it to fall. Thus your comfortable with the use of the word during set places of etiquette like “child brith” for example but a simple screaming out of the word "vagina" to the world and you cringe in shame. Kinda weird if you ask me.

Or perhaps I am cold and unaffected by many things? Who knows..LOL Night I promise...no more from me

Cara.   

Funnily enough, the play just opened in town, and I was half-heartedly wondering whether to go. But I checked out the wiki entry and it doesn't sound like the kind of thing I would enjoy.

Has anyone seen it?

Based on the description, a "Somali twist" could be women in a polygamous marriage describing their married life. The minyaro raving about what a stud her new husband is, the minweyn bemoaning how she feels old and undesirable :D

Cl ...Does the vagina need a guest speaker :DBut on serious note, those are legit issues you presented, I will be interested to see how you tell the monologues provocatively, but without the message getting lost in the process.

Cara..You had to thrown in the cultural crucifix. *Imagines what your version would be* icon_razz.gif