Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Vagina Monologue with a somali twist.

lol Cynical what kind of Somali twist are you talking about. When I read this I went to the dvd, which reminds I have to give back to my friend, and I was trying to think where would a Somali twist go!!!

Che,

Nah it is not about women's health or rights, to simplify it's like "if a woman's vagina could speak for itself, what would it say, about it self!"...Monologue deals with different names for vagina, shapes and styles it comes in, and etc.

bee bye SS

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Do they have different shape.
:D

But I'm also thinking that there will be some very sticky keyboards and men typing with one hand after they read this.

tis the time of year! I see I'm going to have to keep a close eye on goings-ons. CL, pls provide more depth to the topic or it will descend. Further.

Aaliyyah   

Ducaysane adiga markasta woman section maxa ku dhex dhigay..war soco politics section iska aad..

and you girls have some shamee :eek:

Ilaahow xishoodka hanaga qadin ameen!

salaam

Hell yes we're ready, it is our section is it not? Let our vagina's speak I say of the suffering they endure day in day out! (Bangs her cup of tea on the table nearly burning the hell out of her own as it sloshes down her front- weeping silently-continues in a whispered rant)

Vagina? Peach on says I, preach on!

An inspired topic my cynical sister inspired!

NGONGE   

^^ Naughty is VERY nice, openly lewd isn't. Fine line, darling. Fine line. ;)

CL,

That would be very vulgar, mera laddo. VERY vulgar! Another school of thought would argue that such a 'monologue' could not come out of a Somali woman. The oppressive powers that be have silenced it forever (and I am not talking about faith here yet). So, you see, your topic was and will always remain still born.

The Vagina Monologues is a play written by Eve Ensler, it’s made up of a varying number of monologues. Every monologue somehow relates to the vagina, be it through sex, love, rape, menstruation, mutilation, masturbation, birth, orgasm etc. A recurring theme throughout the piece is the vagina as a tool of female empowerment, and the ultimate embodiment of individuality/ sexuality: Every year a new monologue is added to highlight a current issue affecting women around the world with the aim of ending all sorts of violence against women.

The monologues include:

• I Was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me

• My Angry Vagina,

• My Vagina Was My Village

• Because He Liked to Look At It

• The Flood

• I Was There In The Room etc

Can we use the same themes but from a Somali women perspective? And give Somali women an outlet where they can share their experiences i.e. from mutilation, to menstruation to sex, birth, the effects of the birth on their vagina’s etc. The vagina in the sense being symbolic in highlighting the different issues women go through and how it all somehow links back to the vagina.

So, are Somali women ready to talk about their relationship with their vaginas? More importantly do they even have a relationship with their vaginas?

NGONE^-Naughty but nice eh? Sounds like someone’s been taking how to speak like “Santa” lessons.

As for crucifying me? Just you try it candy pants.

Ps People, the lady is obviously providing some much needed entertainment for the ladies theres no harm in it. In any case its the women section if we wish to discuss the plight that our vagina's face in the world then whats the harm? (Lord I haven't laughed this much in ages) hehe