Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

A clip you should watch and reflect

Sad state of affairs but will do little to change anything on ground as we Somalis are not race keen on reflecting. Utter indiffirence to our own plight is Somali trade mark. Just look back at recent Somali history.

Early 80s in Mudug,

88 in Waqooyi Galbeed,

91 In Mogadisho,

Caydiid and Cali Wars,

SNM civil War,

Bay/Bakool Genocide,

Pland civil war,

And of course the current in Xamar.

The Somali answer to all unfortunate times was Reer Hebel ha jabo. As long as that mentality prevails, we will see more of this.

Jacpher   

Eighty four admitted to the hospital just last twenty four hours. I'm speechless and outraged at this door knop Cabdirashid asking for more funds. For what? Kill few more hundreds and burn the rest of the city? Complete chaos buu ku leeyahay Somalia is in peace. Mogdisho is the only unstable one? What's unstable is your hair. Ironically the reporter is more passionate and informative about the story than this Amxaar dabo-dhilif.

Serenity..Thanx for sharing the glimpse of our

befallen nation and making the situation aware to

those of us that are out of touch with the reality

of our state.

^^

Che' Good points, if many of us read back on

history particularly ours we would think twice

before repeating mistakes that cause us to loose twice.

Jimcaale...Anger,I sense, Brotha everyone sees

things differently, And the brother with comb over

un-fortunately sees it as fault of the Somalis

itself, and you may perceive it as the apposite.

We have a long way to go, We lack for most part a

sense of unity and belonging.Being a Somali a

phrase now a days to hesitate,or deny of being any

part. I've seen people whom will sware they are

not somalis, and that they just speak the language alone.

I don't blame them for their arrogance. I blame

us,as a whole, I see images like this which than

in turn gives me heart ache.

Excuse my absurd idea, for it is due to emotions,

But i think Somalia should get nuked,

So we can get over all the nonsense and feel the

need to start from scratch, And the relatives i

loose,I'll accepted as casualty for a greater

good.

Blessed   

^Nuke Somalia? So we...what? 'We' who Trevor?

You've exiled yourself.. removed yourself. You sit in warmth and comfort in a land far away and comment on the suffering of those who stayed on, to rebuild, to keep the hope..... stayed on to be punished and killed by people most of those of have removed themselves cheer for, clap for. Nuke Somalia? What's it to you?

STOP with the REFLECTION people. The brother who lost his whole family - couldn’t even express his hurt.. will someone speak for him? Those children need to be clothed, fed, saved..anyone?

What are you going to do to end this nonsense? Reflect? Hope? Wish and wait until...?

If you were a hungry child, what would you want your brothers and sisters who got away to do for you? Reflect? Hope? Wish? ..or...Act?

Zenobia, abaayo, maxaad wakhtigan la soo jeedaa?

I watched the clip and felt my heart get heavy and sink into my stomach. I dont know what *I* could possibly do to ease the situation. I, like probably everyone else reading this, feel helpless and unable.

See, I dont see the point of bombarding niman iyo naago cadaan ah with letters of our plight and begging for more foreign aid and handouts. I don't blv in the effectiveness and sincerity of external help anymore... especially after the 'west' was so quick to demolish the only ray of hope to come about in Mogadishu for so long. If anything is to change within Somalia, its got to come from within. Somalis have to understand it, want it and be patient for it.

There is no other way. I was hoping, in a small way, that perhaps the poignant images of people suffering back home would make us sit back and reflect. Reflect on how fortunate we all are. Reflect on our responsibility to those less fortunate. Reflect on our responsibility to our country. And most importantly, reflect on the dire state of humanity.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

I, like probably everyone else reading this, feel helpless and unable.

There is no other way. I was hoping, in a small way, that perhaps the poignant images of people suffering back home would make us sit back and reflect. Reflect on how fortunate we all are. Reflect on our responsibility to those less fortunate. Reflect on our responsibility to our country. And most importantly, reflect on the dire state of humanity.

Very very very well said!!!

Walaahay I felt in wadnaha waran la'iga galiyay...

Originally posted by Zenobia:

^Nuke Somalia? So we...what? 'We' who Trevor?

You've exiled yourself.. removed yourself. You sit in warmth and comfort in a land far away and comment on the suffering of those who stayed on, to rebuild, to keep the hope..... stayed on to be punished and killed by people most of those of have removed themselves cheer for, clap for. Nuke Somalia? What's it to you?

It's unfortunate,You didn't truly understand what

I've said. We are all moved by it, we stand

helplessly for almost 2decades, Shameful same

feeling.In addition, I'm easily offended as

Somalia becomes the new face of Starvation.

Somethings i take personal, like where my

ancestors and even my father and uncles have

fought effortlessly swore to keep it a country

that belongs to the people that deserve it the

most, Somalis. If few are ruining the way of life

and passing on the virus of vengeance and

ignorance,our country is far beyond mending. Now,

we are left over with zombies that breed hate, the

relatives you once loved, have sadly fallen to

that decease,I have siblings that reside in

Somalia this day, I'm sorry to say, we no longer

speak,lives they've chosen is that of

no good deed.

NUKE IT

Why I resolute to that is, There is nothing better

than a fresh Start.I WILL SHED TEARS, for the loss allot of it too.

The mistakes made we learned

from it.We all will feel our responsible roles,

you can't turn your head away. Not the Somali in you at least.

Something tragic must happen for us to get our

unity back,and that old ONE SOMALIA feeling.

How else could you bring us from diaspora and

those that still reside in Somalia into a civil understanding?impossible..

But than again, lets be realistic, we are Africans

we befallen the stereotype curse of being yet Un-resourceful

Apes.

I know it sounds so cruel of me,

I tell you I'm far from that.

Many of you know me in person.so

Just my Opinion.

I'm just tired of The killings.

look at japan"Hiroshima"

Look at Germany.

Look at Europe altogether.After the ottomans and WW1 And WW2

look at America. Civil Wars WW1 WW2 Veitnam World Trade.

I will now take your response positive or negatives.

Thanx

Abyan   

Originally posted by Zenobia:

STOP with the REFLECTION people. The brother who lost his whole family -

couldn’t even express his hurt.. will someone speak for him? Those children need to be clothed, fed, saved..anyone?

What are you going to do to end this nonsense? Reflect? Hope? Wish and wait until...?

If you were a hungry child, what would you want your brothers and sisters

who got away to do for you? Reflect? Hope? Wish? ..or...Act?

Intee laga helaa ninkaas,Walaahi the video is soo sad :( , May Allah ease the pain of all muslims everywhere,

and may Allah reward you zenobia for your inspiring words.

Act 1?

http://www.islamic-relief.com/submenu/Appeal/africa-action-appeal/Horn-of-africa/grandfathers-six-orphans.htm

One can also sponsor an orphan, ive seen alot of somali children in this list, its soo easy to pay, just a click away,

and these children are given the care they need, providing them with food, shelter, healthcare, education and emotional support.

http://www.alyateem.com/_en/#

The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allâh, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains.

Allâh gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower. (Al-Baqarah 2:261

Khalaf   

^^Could u edit sister, ur post messed up the screen.

On the topic, we have to realize the vast majority of Somalis are refugees and have poor relatives to feed back home. How many times have I answered the phone from a relative back home that I aint never heard of, eedo Allah eedo saan iyo saan baa ii heysata, I don’t have anything to feed the children, send me money.......

most of us have parents and relatives here whose focus is with their poor relatives back home and to help them, so we do spend in the Way of Allah like no other community.

I don’t believe Somalis have apathy or careless about other Somalis, but they have their own plates full with many problems! My question has always been what do these handouts (sending money back home) really accomplish? Send them $1,000 or $100 they will be back at square one with the same phone call. This is not working, although calculate the money we send as a community in Diaspora, its in the hundreds of millions.

What somalia needs is not nuking, and you are excused dear brother I don’t believe for one sec u believe what u said, but somalia needs is creating of resources/jobs for ppl to make their own livelihood. Much of this fighting and dib is due to lack of resources and population exceeding the carrying capacity. Somalia needs to create employment for ppl, where the ppl can make there own money, individual handouts although in the millions from those in Diaspora will not go a long way in minimizing the problems in somalia, but creating resources, and the institutions which cater to developing and improving ppls livelihood would be the way to solve problems facing our homeland and educating the populace, India is a great example. To do this law and order has to be established, the respect and protection of property rights, in order to attract investors ect. Inshallah things will change for better, they always do, every beginning has an end.

What should be obvious by now is that the only way to salvation is law, order and probity within our own ethical system, ie Islamic Shariah (Westerners have their own values taught by centuries of havoc, albeit incoherent and biaised ones).

On the practical side, we can all take part in the Da'wah efforts by contributing, volunteering and fundraising for Islamic Schools wherever we are (this is also Sadaqa Jaariyah, way better than simple Sadaqa as it profits people continuously).

I wonder how the devil/enemy' accomplices will thrive if we have at least 1% of truly committed and Islamically educated, hence arch-motivated, Muslims (not least with the sound Aqeedah instead of "flexible" principles wavering according to tribal vindictness and personal greed)...

Here is a remarkable Pakistani GNO, internationally well-known, which is remedying the dire state of education, and which can be source of inspiration for the Somali diaspora: The citizens foundation (albeit ther curriculum and methods could be Islamically enhanced).

In fact, affordable schools and textbooks of minimal quality alongside a relevant, uniformized curriculum troughout the country will do more good to Somalia, too, than any amount of "governance" and "assistance" has ever done (not least by fostering Islamic values and sense of unity).

Xidigo   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Mogdisho is the only unstable one? What's unstable is your hair.

Loooool@unstable hair. Dabodhlif maxaad kaloo aad ka sugaysay.

:mad: