Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland and The Sex Workers

Cara.   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

seems like one has to find a problem to set up an NGO.
;)

:D

Yeah I'm going to be on the look out for someone bemoaning the fate of tragic feathered half-bird half-human children roaming the streets of Boosaaso and how the Flying Free Organization needs more funding to study them...

But in all honesty, no one needs to make up problems in Somalia just to set up an NGO.

The Zack   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Prostitues in Somalia, This is shocking to me! :rolleyes:

It is shocking indeed but there were prostitutes in Somalia since 1980's so unfortunately this is not new news.

peasant   

Yeah they will also shoot you if you try to pull fast one on them..

To be safe pay your dues up front.. :D

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Prostitues in Somalia, This is shocking to me! :rolleyes:

The only thing i'm now thinking after i read the article is the pimping activities. I think someone should make a research on that too.

Somalilanders are people of honour and dignity! these sex workers are foreigners! they are destroying the social fabric of Somaliland society! Those responsible must be brought to justice and stoned to death! it is better to make your money by begging than through vices activities like prostitution! This type of activity is alien to the somaliland pschye! Though the temptation for somalilanders to neglect their values has been tested in the past! no self-respect Somalilander would engage in such shameful activities! This is a delibrate ploy to undermine Somaliland by evil forces intent on rampage and destruction!

“I sleep with between one and three men every day; they usually pay me with khat [a mild stimulant widely chewed in the Horn of Africa] and money, maybe about US$3.50 for every man,” she told IRIN/PlusNews.

:(:( This is sad, Walaahi. May Allah guide her to the right path and forgive her for her sins.

“I would do anything, anything else,” she said. “When I was younger I looked after my aunt’s household, but when a man in the family made me pregnant, I was sent away, so I have no family to look after me.”

:eek: :( Nothing like being a victime of a rape and being shamed for it to ruin a girl's sense of self-worth :mad: . Somalis do a VERY good job of BLAMING the victim when it comes to rape :( .

I know a young somali girl who was very nonchalant about sex because she got molested and raped from the age of 11-15 by her male cousin who grew up with her. She was full of rage and really didnt have any regards for herself. And when she finally told her mother, the mother wouldnt talk to her :mad: for months and then, she acused her of trying to "shame" the family and the dad believed her but didnt want to put a "muslim man" in the hands of gaalo and he asked her to keep quite. As a result she was very depressed until she finally run away with a boy and used to live with him. But alxamdulilah after months of visits, waano and couseling from many friends, they decided to get married.