Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Sci-Fi Friday

Fyr   

The long awaited Sci-Fi Friday has finally arrived to my computer screen since mars this year when season 8 of hit sci-fi franchise series Stargate SG1 ended, Oh what a relief for my dull saturday mornings. I’m hoping that there are some sci-fi Somalis in SOL whom share the same refreshing aura about the new season of the Stargate SG-1 with its new characters and enimes and twists. Though the sci-fi Friday night isn’t limited to just Stargate Sg-1 but also includes Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica which in my opinion isn't good as SG-1 but good enough to waste some 40 min of your day. For all of you US residents who is lucky enough to have the sci-fi channel I say you fortunate *_* and have a happy friday night.

SCI-FI LOVERS PLEASE DROP IN AND PUT YOUR 2 CENTS ON THESE SHOWS.

SGD02.jpg

STARGATE SG-1

dt_11.gif

STARGATE ATLANTIS

dsktp_sm_cylon.jpg

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Haddad   

I like SCI-FI, but not those 3 you've metioned. I don't know if it's only me, but the McGuyver guy talks slow & intermittently, and acts weird. The series seemed ok when it debuted, but become monotone and predictable afterward, especially with its happy-endings. It lacks realistic plots. I used to watch the old BATTLESTAR GALACTICA in Egypt; way original and better than the current one. There's not much innovation nowadays; what we are left with is the good old reruns.

Sincere   

Ah sci-fi :D , Im a recovering trekkie fan, and I ive found solace in StargateSG-1/Stargate Atlantis. The gou’uld characters based on ancient Egyptian mythical gods is the ish. I cant wait for the day the Wraith and the Goa'uld System Lord’s run into each other, its inevitable and definetly will be climatic.

I fail to see why they have not created main characters for the Wraith thus far, and have limited them to hive ships.

P.s. They should'nt have killed the character Apophis, he was the man.

apophis.jpg

Fyr   

Come on Haddad that’s why they call it science-fiction, not being realistic is the main reason I watch this show. I got enough realistic consciousness in my daily life bro! plus it has become somewhat a getaway from my realistic daily life to experience some good old fashion science-fiction.

Discreet1

There is hardly any system lord left after the replicators finished them off, but there is the case of my favourite character Anubis who is now fighting Oma for his life. But I think the Goa’uld would make a comeback around mid-season. The Wraith is no match for Asgards my frined so no worries there. The Warith characters will involve at the end of the season if not sooner, but hope for sooner rather than later.

Apophis time was long overdue and it was good to cut him off to make room for newer characters. Having said that I still love the guy, he was a true enemy if not the best after Anubis of course :D .

Se7en LOL :D:D

Sincere   

True Fry.

Im not a fan of the ascended annubis, he had an advantage of the others that didnt sit well with me.

Theres no comparison with the wraith and the azgard. The azgard's weoponry is far advanced and they are not hand to hand combatants, whilst the wraith are relativley "primitive" , and are better suited for physical combat. Aside from the teleporting ability they have onboard their ships, I think they stand no chance.

They better introduce wraith characters soon, or else the "hive" ship collective suspense factor is going to wear out. It already has with me, I keep wondering is there more to them .

lol@se7en...

Fyr   
Well I still believe that the Wraith will enter the milky way soon to feast on the primitive humans, they may clash with the Goa’ul over territory and human slaves a bit but I have good feeling that they might just team-up with the Goa'uld to try to defeat the Thari- Asgard alliance. I heard also that they were introducing a new enemy form the ancient time called Ori or something, who featured in season 2 or 3 I really don’t remember but hope they are cool and really wicked. :D

Baluug   

Never really was too interested in sci-fi but I used to watch Star Trek TNG when it was on and I really liked Stargate the movie,and Spaceballs was really good,too !! :D:D

Muhammad   

nomads, are there any fans of Frank Herbert's Dune?

"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

:D

Love Sci Fi in all its forms...shows, films, books.

But for some reason, I never got into Stargate SG-1. The film was brill, but the series...I don't know. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to grow on me.

Battlestar Gallactica I enjoyed.

Andromeda rocks. Luv that show.

Big fan of both ST - Voyager and TNG. Got into Enterprise too...but then they had to go and cancel it.

It sounds like you have a better Sci Fi channel in the States. :cool:

Miriam1   

Stargate SG1 was amazing when it started but seriously sitting down and being subjegated to that old man's jokes..the lead...is someting i dont wnt to do. THey lack the creativity of StarTrek...I love watching Battlestar Galltica...i have been trying hard to get into it for a while but...i have feeling there is a big back story i missed.

Startrek for ever...TNG and Voyager just were amazing, DS9 was cute..but the point of watching Startrek..is that they travel in a spaceship...who cares about a spacestation!?

Enterprise..very very well done...but again the point of Startrek is The FUTURE...I dont really want to know about the past...and they killed Startrek tradition, by continuing one plot for many eposides..its all about a new story every new eposide...some of us work and tend to miss eposides and fal out of the loop :(

nyways. they better come back with a new Startrek soon..this fall preferably !