Sign in to follow this  
UZTAAD

Miss Somalia

Miss Arabia?

The other girls look like drag queens. Arabs apply make-up waaaaaaaay too much.

Oh yeah, she's stunning.

Ibtisam   

Subxanallah I cannot believe how people are talking about these girls. :rolleyes:

Shame that Muslim countries are imitating pointless western practice of parading of their women for beauty pageants. Pointless title to win, shame on Muslims who took part and shame on us for watching and commentating on it. Ishitupid and humiliating process.

Oh please IBZ! lets not moralise the issue here. If you got it, flaunt it! so maha!

Do you not design clothes for muslim women and let them parade it. Inst that a little inconsistent?? In fact, I am sure Ms. Somalia is wearing one of your designs!

Khayr   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Subxanallah I cannot believe how people are talking about these girls. :rolleyes:

Shame that Muslim countries are imitating pointless western practice of parading of their women for beauty pageants. Pointless title to win, shame on Muslims who took part and shame on us for watching and commentating on it. Ishitupid and humiliating process.

I agree. Whats the point of the hijab if you are behaving like the rest, wearing skin tight clothes and see-through diraacs, infront of people. People whom are there to judge you based on your physical traits.

On another note, inaanta waa reer xaafaadadi. :D

These beauty pageants assess a woman's overall capabilities. From the physical appearance to questions relating to world peace or in this case Arab unity. In a part of the world, where women seldom have rights and mediums of expression. These contests are not based on material possessions, how rich a country is or the history, military power, cultural influence or any other characteristic that is used usually as a marker of difference between countries. It gives the likes of Palestine and the representative from the Somali peninsula the opportunity to stand side by side with regional powers likes Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

It is a meritocratic competition!

Ibtisam   

^^^what a load rubbish you wrote there. I get opportunity to stand shoulder to shoulder with my Palestinian and Egyptian sisters all the time, there is no need to parade them around in public like off the factor brand new car. The only people who continue to defend beauty pageants are perverted men, deluded women and self conscious young girls with a dream of making it big.

It is all in the physical appearance and *I want world peace* bimbo remark does not help your case.

If you got it, flaunt it is an alien concept to us, please give me a break Mr. Ilbax you would not say that to your sister, wife or mother- so as long as it is other women it is okay so maha. :rolleyes: