Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Heart Song.

Kool_Kat   

I swear reading the first story was so depressing, as someone who lost a loved one recently! :( You made it up with the 'Lifelong Valentine's Day' story tho...

Thanks Bob...

BOB   

You're most Welcome Mrs Wareegto Luga Cad, Glad you liked it. smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

True Love

My friend's grandpa once told us a story about a man named Ibrahim who was far from being a handsome. Along with a rather short stature, he was very dark and had eyes as red as roses.

One day he visited a merchant in Kismayo who had a lovely daughter named Fatima. Ibrahim hopelessly fell in love with her. But Fatima was repulsed by his misshapen appearance.

When it came time from him to leave, Ibrahim gathered all his courage and went up to her just to take one last opportunity to speak with her. She was a vision of heavely beauty, but caused him deep sadness by her refusal to look at him. After several attempts at conversation, Ibrahim shyly asked "Do you believe marriages are made in heaven?"

"Yes," She answered, still looking at the floor. "Do you?"

'Yes I do," He replied. "You see, in heaven at the birth of each boy, the lord announces which girl he will marry. When I was born, my future bride pointed out to me. Then the lord added "But your wife will not pretty, in fact she won't be a vision of heavenly beauty."

"Right then and there I called out in prayer 'Oh Lord, unattractive woman woulda be a tragedy. Please lord, make me unattractive and let her be beautiful."

Then Fatima looked up into his eyes and was stirred by some deep memory. She reached out and gave her hand and later became his devoted wife.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

A Brother Like That

A Friend of mine named Ayub received an automobile from his brother on Eid day as a graduation from college present. One evening when Ayub came out of a restaurant where we were celebrating in his honour for his recent achievement, a street urchin was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it. "Is this your car, Mister?" he asked.

Ayub nodded. "My brother gave it to me as a present." The boy was astounded. "You mean your brother gave it you you and it didn't cost you nothing? Boy, I wish..." He hesitated.

Of course Ayub knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the lad said jarred Ayub all the way down to his heels.

"I wish" the boy went on " that I could be a brother like that."

Ayub looked at the boy in astonishment, then impulsively he added "Would you like to take a ride in my automobile?"

"Oh yes, I'd love that."

After a short ride, the boy turned and with his eyes aglow, said "Mister, would you mind driving in front of my house?"

Ayub smiled. he thought he knew what the lad wanted. He wanted to show his neighbours that he could ride home in a big, shiny and brand new automobile. But Ayub was wrong again.

"Will you stop where those two steps are?" the boy asked.

He ran up the steps. Then in a little while Ayub heard him coming back, but he he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled brother. He sat him down on the bottom step, then sort of squeezed up against him and pointed to the car.

"There she is buddy, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him as a present on Eid day and it didn't cost him a cent. And someday I'm going to give you one just like it Insha Allah...then you can see for yourself all the pretty things on Eid days that I've been trying to tell you about."

Ayub got out and lifted the lad to the front seat of his new car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in besdie him and the three of them began a memorable holiday ride.

That Eid eve, Ayub learned what Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) meant when he said "It's more blessed to give."

Peace, Love & Unity.

Tuujiye   

War Cabdoo!!! maxaa waaye sheekooyinkaan? xageena naga soo galeen? saan talo ma aha cabdoo!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

BOB   

Maaweelada Caruurta waaye because according to Mzanzi's latest research SOL ciyaal ee laftooda booday aa ka buuxo marka waa in caruurtaas la entertain gareeyo sooma aha hadii kale wee ooynaayaan oo bakeeriyaasha iyo saxamada ee jajabinaayaan. ;)

PS. One day you will thank me for this...trust me. ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

What You're Is As Important As What You Do.

What you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying. Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was sunny Saturday afternoon in Jo'burg. My friend and proud father Noor was taking his two daughters to the Zoo. He walked up to the fellow at the ticket counter and said "How much is it to get in?"

The man replied "R10.00 for you and R10.00 for any kid who is older than six. We let them in free if they are six or younger. How old are they?"

Noor replied "The lawyer's three and the doctor is seven, so I guess I owe you R20.00."

The man at the counter said "Hey, Mister, did you just win the lottery or something? You could have saved yourself 10 Rand. You could've told me that the older one was six; I wouldn't have known the difference."

Noor replied "Yes, that may be true, but the kids would've known the difference."

As Ralph Waldo Emerson said "Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying." in challenging times when ethics are more important than ever before, make sure you set a good example for everyone you work and associate with and most of all make sure you set a good example for your wife and children.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

A Hooyo's Life

Take your plate into the kitchen, Please sweetie.

Take it downstairs when you go, Please honey.

Don't leave it there, take it upstairs.

Is that yours?

Don't hit your brother.

I'm talking to you.

Just a minute please my Angel, can't you see I'm talking to your dad on the phone?

I said, Don't interrupt.

Did you brush your teeth?

What are you doing out of bed?

Go back to bed.

You can't watch in the afternoon.

What do you mean, there is nothing to do?

Go to the Masjid.

Read the Qur'an.

Get off the phone.

Cover your hair young lady.

Where's your new Abaya that your dad bought for you last week?

Tell your friend you'll call her back. Right now.

Hello. No, she can't come to the phone, she is doing her homework.

She'll call you when she finishes her chores.

Take a jacket. Take a sweater sweetheart.

Take one anyway.

Someone left his shoes in front of the TV.

Get the toys out of the hall.

Get the boys out off the bathtub.

Get the toys off the stairs.

Do you realize that could kill someone?

Hurry up.

Hurry up, everyone is waiting.

I'll count to ten then we're going without you.

Did you go to the bathroom?

If you don't go, you're not going.

I mean it.

Why didn't you go before you left?

Can you hold it?

What's going on back there?

Stop it.

I said, Stop it.

I don't want to hear about it.

Stop it now or I will tell your Dad.

Stop it or I will never take you anywhere with me again.

That's it, We're going home.

Give me a Kiss.

I need a hug.

Make your bed.

Clean up your room.

Set the table.

I need you to set the table.

Don't tell me it's not your turn.

Please move your chair into the table.

Sit up.

Eat with your right-hand.

Drink with your right-hand.

Just try a little. You don't have to eat the whole thing.

You'll grow strong if you finish your food.

Stop playing and eat.

Would you watch what you're doing.

Move your glass. it's too close to the edge.

Watch it.

More, what?

More, PLEASE. that's better.

Just eat one bite of salad Please.

These are some of the things my Mother used to say to us as kids and back then I thought she had it easy but today I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been for her and how amazing she's done to keep us all narrow and straight (especially the boys) and she did it with patience, wisdom and above all she did it with her unique motherly-love. May the Almighty s.w have mercy on her soul and reward her with Jannah Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

A Simple Gesture:

Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Mark was walking home from school one day when he noticed the boy ahead of him had tripped and dropped all of the books he was carrying, along with two sweaters, a baseball bat, a glove and a small tape recorder. Mark was knelt down and helped the boy pick up the scattered to carry part of the burden. As they walked Mark discovered the boy's name was Bill, that he loved video games, baseball and history, that he was having a lot of trouble with his other subjects and that he has just broken up with his Fiance.

They arrived at Bill's home first and Mark was invited in for a coke and to watch some telly. The afternoon passed pleasantly with few laughs and some shared small talk then Mark went home. They continued to see each other around school, had lunch together once or twice, then both graduated from junior high school. They ended up in the same high school where they had brief contacts over the years. Finally the long awaited senior year came, and three weeks before graduation, Bill asked Mark if they could talk.

Bill reminded him of the day years ago when they had first met. 'Do you ever wonder why I was carrying so many things home that day?' asked Bill. 'You see, I cleaned out my locker because I didn't want to leave a messfor anyone else. I had stored away some of my mother's sleeping pills and I was going home to commit suicide. But after we spent some time together talking laughing, I realized that if I had killed myself, I would have missed that time and so many others that might follow. So you see, Mark, when you picked up my books that day, you did a lot more. You saved my life'.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Don't Be Afraid To Fail:

You've failed many times, although you may not remember. You fell down the first time you tried to walk. You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim. Didn't you? Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try and whatever you do don't you even think about giving up because of fear of failure...just do not afraid to fail.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

I Wish You Enough.

Recently I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together at the Airport. they had announced the departure, standing near the security gate, they hugged and the father said, "I Love You and I Wish You Enough" the daughter replied "Dad, our life together has been more than enough. your unconditional love is all that I ever needed. I wish you enough too Dad" they kissed and the daughter left.

The father walked over to the window where I was seated, standing there I could see that he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not intrude on his privacy, (besides I was hurting myself and was in my own little world where I was reminiscing about my late father and I imagined what we would've said to each other had we been in the same situation) but he welcomed me in by asking "Did you ever say Good-Bye to someone you truly love knowing it would be forever?" "Yes I have" I replied. "Forgive me for asking but why is this a forever good bye?" I continued. "I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is, the next trip back will be for my funeral" he said "When you were saying good bye, I heard you say 'I Wish You Enough' may I ask what that means?

He began to smile "That's a whish that has been handed down from generation to the next in my family, my parents used to say it to everyone" he puased a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and he smiled even more "When we said 'I Wish You Enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them" then turning toward me, he shared the following as if he were reciting from memory.

"I Wish You Enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how grey the day may appear. I Wish You Enough rain to appreciate the sun even more. I Wish You Enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting. I Wish You Enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger. I Wish You Enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I Wish You Enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I Wish You Enough hellos to get you through the final Good Bye."

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them but then an entire life to forget them. Remember to tell your family and friends that you Wish Them Enough and to all of you reading this I Wish You Enough.

PS. No need to thank me and it is not me who wrote it...I am just passing this message from an unknown author.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

All I Remember:

When my father spoke to me, he always began the conversation with 'Have I told you yet today how much I adore you?' The expression of love was reciprocated and, in his later years, as his life began to visibly decline, we grew even closer...if that were possible.

At 82 he was ready to die, and I was ready to let him go so that his suffering would end. We laughed and cried and held hands and told each other of our love and agreed that it was time. I said ' Dad, after you've gone I pray I'd get a sign that tells me that you're fine' He laughed at the absurdity of that. I wasn't positive I did believe that would happen but I had had many experiences that convinced me that I would somehow get a sign.

My father and I were so deeply connected I felt his heart attack in my chest at the moment he died. Later I mourned that the hospital, in their sterile wisdom, had not let me hold his hand as he had slipped away. Day after day I prayed to get a signal but nothing happened. Night after night I waited for a dream before I fell sleep. And yet four long months passed and I heard and felt nothing but grief at his loss. My mother had died five years before of Alzheimer's and, though I had grown daughters of my own, I felt like a lost child.

One day, while I was lying on a massage table in a dark quiet room waiting for my appointment, a wave of longing for my father swept over me. I began to wonder if I had been too un-realistic in waiting and expecting for a sign from him. I noticed my mind was in a hyper-acute state. I experienced an unfamiliar clarity in which I could have added long columns of figures in my head. I checked to make sure I was awake and not dreaming, and I saw that I was as far removed from a dreamy state as one could possibly be. Each thought I had was like a drop of water disturbing a still pond, and I marveled at the peacefulness of each passing moment. Then I thought, 'Am I day dreaming while still awake?'.

Suddenly my mother's face appeared, my mother, as she had been before Alzheimir's disease had stripped her of her mind, her humanity and 50 pounds. Her magnificent black hair crowned her sweet face. She was so real and so close I felt I could reach out and touch her. She looked as she had a dozen years ago, before the wasting away had begun. I even smelled the fragrance of joy, her favourite perfume. She seemed to be waiting and did not speak. I wondered how it could happen that I was thinking of my father and my mother appeared, and I felt guilty that I had not asked for her as well. I said 'Oh, Mother, I'm so sorry that you had to suffer with that horrible disease'. She tipped her head lightly to one side, as though to acknowledge what I had said about her suffering. Then she smiled - a beautiful smile - and said very distinctly 'But all I remember is Love' and she disappeared.

I began to shiver in a room suddenly gone cold, and I knew in my bones that the love we give and receive is all that matters and all that is remembered for suffering disappears while love forever remains. Her words are the most important I have ever heard, and that moment is forever engraved on my heart. I have not yet seen my father, but I have no doubts that someday, when I least expect it, he will appear and say ' Have I told you yet today that I love you?'.

Peace, Love & Unity.