Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Just another hypothetical question

I was reading a book a while back about a man who cheats on his wife with her best friend. She only finds this out 6 months after his death. When she confronts her best friend...her best friend admits the affair but also reveals that she's dying of cancer. She begs her to raise her 2 year old daughter. The woman is conflicted about raising the daughter of her late husband and his mistress but at the end agrees to honor her best friend's dying wish.

Anyway, I guess this question would be for the women. Let's say your hypothetical husband has been secretly married to his second wife for a while. She dies. He comes to you and tells you about the situation and you decide to stay with him. Would you raise his child(ren) with that woman if he asked or insist that they be raised by her family (or anyone else for that matter)?

Men, if your first wife refuses to raise your children by your late second wife, would you divorce her or have them raised by someone else?

**No trolling please**

nuune   

^^^ La ima tuhmin miyaad leedahay.

Marka horeba waa loo sheegi oo waxaan orani second wife ayaa dhaxda ku soo jirto to make things easy for all three of us(me & the 2 wives :D )

Originally posted by nuune:

^^^ La ima tuhmin miyaad leedahay.

Marka horeba waa loo sheegi oo waxaan orani second wife ayaa dhaxda ku soo jirto to make things easy for all three of us(me & the 2 wives
:D
)

waan kugu raacsanahay, maxaad ba uqarineysaa, marka horeba cadeyso in aad midkale laqabtid.

Isis, you and your hypothetical questions!

Hypothetical answer: The child is innocent, therefore I wouldn't have any qualms about looking after her, even if I'm no longer married to the yellow-bellied ba$tard who fathered her, which is more than likely.

Now, what's brought on this little scenario? Have you been watching Arabian soaps, again?

Originally posted by Isis Naomi:

I was reading a book a while back about a man who cheats on his wife with her best friend. She only finds this out 6 months after his death. When she confronts her best friend...her best friend admits the affair but also reveals that she's dying of cancer. She begs her to raise her 2 year old daughter. The woman is conflicted about raising the daughter of her late husband and his
mistress
but at the end agrees to honor her best friend's dying wish.

Anyway, I guess this question would be for the women. Let's say your hypothetical husband has been secretly married to his
second wife
for a while. She dies. He comes to you and tells you about the situation and you decide to stay with him. Would you raise his child(ren) with that woman if he asked or insist that they be raised by her family (or anyone else for that matter)?

Men, if your first wife refuses to raise your children by your late second wife, would you divorce her or have them raised by someone else?

**No trolling please**

for the sake of clarity in your first paragraph "Mistress" qualifies as cheating .. no argument there

but in your second paragraph second wife secret or not does NOT equal cheating ... and should not be mixed up with the former.

so If i were to answer the second question: since al-xaaji faarax did nothing wrong she should have no problem raising his child from another woman

Ashkiro   

^LOL in pointing out the obvious, I don't think there was a mix up just a transition into asking the question. None of you gentlemen addressed the question the poster directed towards the men. So Mr. Geel_jire take a crack at it. Isis that's really a difficult question, but I would have to agree with Valenteenah, the children are innocent afterall.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

quote:

I was reading a book a while back about a man who cheats on his wife with her best friend. She only finds this out 6 months after his death. When she confronts her best friend...her best friend admits the affair but also reveals that she's dying of cancer. She begs her to raise her 2 year old daughter. The woman is conflicted about raising the daughter of her late husband and his
mistress
but at the end agrees to honor her best friend's dying wish.

Anyway, I guess this question would be for the women. Let's say your hypothetical husband has been
secretly married
to his second wife for a while. She dies. He comes to you and tells you about the situation and you decide to stay with him. Would you raise his child(ren) with that woman if he asked or insist that they be raised by her family (or anyone else for that matter)?

**No trolling please**

for the sake of clarity in your first paragraph "Mistress" qualifies as cheating .. no argument there

but in your second paragraph second wife secret or not does
NOT
equal cheating ... and should not be mixed up with the former.

so If i were to answer the second question: since al-xaaji faarax
did nothing wrong
she should have no problem raising his child from another woman
Geeljire, with all do respect the so called al-xaaji faarax did everything wrong, as far as his 1st wife is concerned he cheated on her..just because he did wadu before he did the deed doesn't make it right smile.gif

As for the question at hand...I really don't know what I would do, but most likely let the woman's extended family take care of the kids and kick him to the kerb.

NGONGE   

^^ :D

**No trolling please**

I don't mean to troll but I really don't understand the question.

It's not something I would do at any rate. The mother should always be the openly known wife. The bit on the side should always remain the no-children-under-any-circumstances bit on the side. This is the internationally accepted rule of cheaters-R-US.

Blessed   

LoL NG, did you get to see Abla Noorah in Ramadan?

Same scenario, only he lives.

Isis,

They can go to their moms family.

That book you read sounds more like a fiction novel/story..I doubt if your hypothetical question can be answered..

NG, like the way you coined that "Cheater-R-Us" mm