Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Would u meet someone you met online?

imao cuty i see you got a crush in the net huh to me hell nawwwwwwww never ever ever will i meet someone they could be the worst people u will meet so anwyayz dont go for it it could be someone trying to kill youuuuuuuu so beace.

Xalimo7   

IMHO,Yes, i have met good brothers and sisters, oops let me rephrase well, i have met a decent good somali brothers and sisters, in the net which i haven't used the net will never met them,so in a way i take the positive side and say i am glad i did it, but then again there are always the lousy ones who hang around the net to cause trouble and intimidate you, so the good over takes the bad apple.

I met somebody I love on the internet. However, when we met we were just friends, it was just two friends hanging out. We were friends for 6 months, before things changed.

I would say, looking for love on the internet might not be the best idea. It gives you the false impression that you know someone, while really you don't until you meet them. Then comes the whole element of disappointment and stuff.

I would say meet people you know online, because you desire their friendship. Friendship is always a great way to get to know a person. But don't go in expecting love. For that, you'd better off going out and meeting people in 'real life'.

Originally posted by Mombasa_QUEEN:

imao cuty i see you got a crush in the net huh to me hell nawwwwwwww never ever ever will i meet someone they could be the worst people u will meet so anwyayz dont go for it it could be someone trying to kill youuuuuuuu so beace.

Me crush online HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, well let me rephase this I WISH..... i just wonna know what y'all think that's all, since i see alot of somali girls go for it.. beside i see alot ppl who are easy to fall in love with ppl online without even know... and trust me i know ppl who getting married throw this thing called ONLINE CHATTING...

Asalaamu'Calaykum,

If it’s a sister, I would. A brother, hmmm I don’t know. I think I’ll have to agree with Xu on this one though. I have a few online friends (both sexes) that I’ve known for over 4yrs and I think the only thing keeping us from hanging out is the miles between. I don't think I'd hesitate to call them if I drop in to their neck of the woods. Heck I’d call from the airport saying damn it pick me up I’m lost.

Wasalaam.

OG_Girl   

CUTE, I don't see any thing wrong meeting people online and marry or keep them as a friends, I seen people met online and married too. So every thing is possible.

Salam

Sophist   

I know two couples who met on the net and now happily married (one couple from SOL Yipp'e LST must be happy! ajar maxaa laguu qorooyaa duqa and those of us who knew about it but kept underwraps).

Nothing is wrong with meeting people on SOL marrying them. There are couple of girls on SOL who would make hell of a wives icon_razz.gif Oh well, I m off the list. Then again SOL is quite a diff place to your usual net place--family freindly place as some had dupped it.

dhiirane   

There are a lot of decent nomads here,why not meet them they could be the best people that you have ever met

But do not go to fall in love let alone getting married

I would say get to know them first

peace

Arwa   

I would say, why the trouble of getting to know a complete stranger on the internet when its hard enough finding the right person from your surroundings?

I wouldn't support it at all.

Some of the nomads already suggested that they do know of cases where it worked out but ask them what great deal of trouble it was for those kind of couples?

Am sure they had to sacrifice a great deal!

Maca'Salaama

NGONGE   

Where you meet the person you end up marrying is not the problem. As has been discussed in another thread, it could be a bus stop, a car park, a wedding, a friend’s house, a supermarket or online. Of all these places, I would have thought a meeting online would be safest.

I mean is it really that different? You meat someone anywhere else, you get their number and you TALK on the phone to get to know each other first. Online chat works more or less in the exactly the same way. Some people tell the truth and some people lie.

As for meeting people as friends, well what’s wrong with that? I’ve met lots of guys and girls that I’ve known from online chat forums and they all turned out to be very nice people. I’m afraid I couldn’t go ahead with the marrying someone I met on the net bit. My wife wouldn’t approve.

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

CUTE, I don't see any thing wrong meeting people online and marry or keep them as a friends, I seen people met online and married too. So every thing is possible.

Salam

i know, i said hell no for this moment, but trust me anything can happen... and remember i said I WISH...so i'm not against it at all.. :D

Sophist   

Ngone, welcome to the Married Club (may our number increase in tenfold).

Kyda sister; what trouble are you speaking off! ilucidate further please.

dhiirane   

I would say, I do nt see any trouble of getting to know someone,there always bad ones even your surrounding!

I do nt support that you meet every halimo or farah on the net,but

what is wrong for meeting people as friends?