Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Somali and Arab cliche

I'm Somali but not Arab ,,,, I'm Muslim and i've relationship with Arabs in terms of the religion but i'm not Arab ,,,,,,

I'm proud to be African and Somali (lately i feel shame when calling myself somali coz of what somalis did to their country) ,,,,,,,

roobleh   

I still laugh at myself when I was young, and believed that I descended from Arabs. But now I wonder whether I'm from Orommo or Tegre.

roobleh   

In human genetics, Somali males with E3b1 cluster y lineages, >76%, suggests Somalis are closely related to the Oromos in Ethio.

JB: How do you feel now, since we supposed to be from Oromos? To me, Uraago are closer to us.

Chimera   

Originally posted by roobleh:

In human genetics, Somali males with E3b1 cluster y lineages, >76%, suggests Somalis are closely related to the Oromos in Ethio.

JB: How do you feel now, since we supposed to be from Oromos? To me, Uraago are closer to us.

E3b1* has it's origin with Somali males so were are not ''from'' Oromo's we are ''related'' that's a big difference

horta i don't mind which one we are from but i don't think we are from Oromos ,, (although i speak some Oromo language :D )

as i said we are unique creation ,,,,,, the world should know that and we have to proof it :D

Chimera   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

I myself am a descendant of
King Wiilwaal himself and proud son of
Queen Araweello

Aaheey, another powerful statement from a true daljecel iyo daludhalad. Saas ku wad halganka. Kuna dar Cigaal Shidaad [yaaba og in uu jiray?], Olol Diinle, Geedi Shaamboow/Baaboow, Bucur Baceyr ...
:D
True Soomaalis they were!
sounds cool doesn't it? :cool:

:D

Peacenow   

This is quite funny, cause only till recently, Somalis were claiming from the roof tops to everyone who would listen, that they were Arab. They took pride in it. Delighting in the fact, that they were better than Africans. How times have changed. The tables have somewhat changed on that. Maybe erm...it's because the Arabs are swimming in humilatlion and being associated with them would not look so good or safe for that matter. Well not while daddy bush is in power. Aficans have always expressed to me, how they felt that Somalis keep a distance from them. While they would do anything for the dirty Arabs.

When there is eventually a government and not this ethiopian puppets, then I would advocae that it makes Somalia leave the arab league. Somalis are lost today, no country and nagging doubts about who they really are. Let me lay that to rest once and for all....Somalis are Africans.

Wallee Nacasnimooy...waar yaa idin yiri you can't be an arab at the same time be an african?

You can be an arab at the same time a somali and african....waa maxay wuxu?

Cheers

Blessed   

Salaams and welcome Shaqs. Xageed ku maqneeyd? We missed ya.

<---- your little yellow feathered friend . ;)

As for topic, I’m not really interested in the finer details of the Arab-Somali connection.

However, I do use the perception that Somalis are Arabs to my advantage in this blatantly racist society that I now live in.

Good idea Peecanow ,, that was my suggestion too ,,,, Arab league is nothing but an empty skeleton ,,,,,,, what did somalis gain from them during the last 16yrs ???

loooooooool ,,, i think we did not even see that bakhshiish ,,,, all i know is they (specially saudis) expell our ppl while they are accepted in Europe and US ,,,,,,,,,

Chimera   

Let's not deny the fact that Somali businesses are booming in the business capital of the Arab world(Dubai) and they face no danger there i can't say the same of Africa's business hub(S.Africa) and it's sinister treatment of Somali entrepreneurs(what happened to the African brotherly love?)

Jacaylbaro i know why you dislike the Arab League and it's understandable but as a Unionist that wouldn't be the reason why i think we should leave this organization, to me and this goes for the AU and IGAD aswell all of these entities are serving the interests of Foreigners and not ours all of them are incompetent and bow down to Uncle Sam whenever he is in trouble, therefore we should not be a part of it.

Thanks Zenobia though the name somehow doesn’t ring a bell. Perhaps it could be a case of memory loss but I believe you had a different name while I was here:) Still many thanks:)

back to the topic...

The exodus and the self denial continues. Thousands flee the Somalia every year as refugees to live work abroad and become citizens of the country that welcomed them.

They are willing to endure any hardship, travel any distance, suffer humiliation at the hands of cruel hosts and feel the pain loss of their children, husbands and wives and most of all pride. They are the heroes of selfless sacrifice, sending millions of dollars back to their families

Incidentally, these millions are keeping the Somali families a live in a sea of political corruption and destruction. A lot won’t ever go back and a lot more will never know the proud nation that was once Somalia. Many more too hide under other pseudo tribes like the Arabs and even believe to be part of the Middle East. Now if that aint total humiliation then I wouldn’t know what is? The Arab league so far hasn’t done anything to help other than fatten some War lords who in turn ostracize their people using these funds.

Infact one has to just look at the fate of the Palestinians who are true Arabs and among Arabs and yet who the hell cares about their plight. Now do we as Somalis ever expect to get anything other than the response Aswad or hadaa Xumaar? Somehow I don’t see myself as an Arab nor do I even look like them. We need our pride back and we sure need to advocate for it. The only thing we share with them is Religion anything else is hmmm well I wouldn’t know. All you have to do is look at the Somalis who have lived in the Arab world and how they eventually get uprooted despite having grandchildren born there.

Somalis have lost their value as citizens and with that comes a lack of confidence which is seen amongst many as they claim to be what they are not just because of the ruthless destruction of the nation that was once proud. National pride wears thin when poverty, corruption, harassment, political stagnation, violence, luck of funds and life-time unemployment are all that awaits them in Somalia. Once abroad, with decent wages, they work hard without complaint. However with this status quo comes the lack of confidence in being what you are and you eventually start adapting other races that happen to be successful in their country and help themselves.

We feel we want to belong to those races just because what is Somali today is seen as failure and that inherent now.