Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Somali and Arab cliche

Anagu carab baan nahay is a cliché used by many a Somali….what are your thoughts. Does being Somali mean anything? Could this be the reason why we dont understand what somali means?

Sorry if this one has already been discussed. You may chose to ignore it...

Your thoughts...

Well...you can be a Somali and still be an Arab init? just like an egyptian or Iraqi is an arab.

Does being an African make you non Arab? no, Sudan and other northern Africans are arabs as well as well as an African.

so perhaps the question should be - Are Somalis from Arab descent? which then questions the whole Merde that some qabiils tell each other about how their ancestors were quraysh or ahlul bayt and so on

I say Somalis are whatever the Eritereans are...They are the closest to us except the language.

Cheers

^^Istaghfurullaahi! Alla maxaad danbaabaysa yuwmul jumcahan! Eritereans are the original xabashis, while somalis are arabs boosted by African genetics adeer!

^^^ Bal u kaadsha..waxaad keentaan wixii evidence ah ee aad haysaan...

Xiin/jimcaale..xabashidu way ka duwan tahay eritereyaanku...kolay markaan fiirsho umaddaha kuwa noogu dhow dhaqan ahaan, aragti ahaan waa reerahaa aan kor ku tilmaamay...xabshidu waa naga duwan tahay, arabtu waa naga duwan yihiin, afrikaanka kalena sidoo kale bal adba.

at least eritereyaanku carabiga nooga fiican.

haddde soo daaya warka

Chimera   

You know these type of discussions turn Persians,Turks and other non Arab muslims like Somalis and Malaysians into Atheists and Zorastrians etc etc because to the ignorant westerner ''arab'' = ''muslim'' therefore Turks and Persians and others are accussed of being groups of people that were brainwashed by arabs because today in the case of the Iranians (''the descendants of the Sassanids'') they claim off all the historical figures in their ancient history they feel the closest to Imam Ali(an Arab) and profess that prophet muhammad(an Arab) peace be upon him is the messenger of Allaah swt

when these type of sinister Ethnic divide and conquer games are played it can have a real destructive impact on the ethnic groups it's being projected at

This probably occured in Sunni Iran 15th century A.D before the rise of the Safavid dynasty who's founder was probably being spoonfed with this type of crap that they had to be different from ''Arab'' muslims because they were the real historical Empire builders and therefore superior and tada!! there you have it Shi'ite Islam

To me the ordinary Arabs of today living in the Arabian Felix are noble groups of people but with bad rulers, just because they are no longer top dog doesn't mean people should look down upon them

there is no problem with multiple ethnicies claiming there an ''American'' same goes for ''Arab'' both are Heterogeneous sobriquets the former covering geography the latter being a linguistic category

it has allready been proven through genetics that Somalis are indiginous Horn of Africans with their language being classified as Cushitic, part of the larger language family called afro-asiatic

Personally i respect any Somali that loves Somalia and it's people and who seeks to play an active role in it's recovery, wether they call themselves Celts or Mongols it matters not to me

I myself am a descendant of King Wiilwaal himself and proud son of Queen Araweello

Ebyan   

If you speak arabic, you're an Arab..It's nothing more than a language grouping.

Does being Somali mean anything?

Interesting question..Don't really have an answer for it though.

makumba   

arabnimo is nothing but a political tool used by sand niggers (arabs).

i cant speak ffor anyone but i rather be a zionist than a goat focker!

Fabregas   

The original fathers of the Arabs and their descendant was Qhahtan, ie the black southern Arabian(Yemen) tribes mentioned in the Quran such as Ad, Thamud, Seba and Hadramut. Go to places in Oman, Yemen and Socotra you will still see these indegenous black peoples.These Arabs were much more civilised than Northern Arabs, whom centred around the Mecca region. Even the Mother of the Arab was a black African women, Hajira whom the muslims honour. She gave Birth to Ismail Calayhi Islam, who's son was called "Kedar" in the bible meaning black skinned. But Jews slander her and call her rude names(concubine/slave) whilst asserting that Sahra(Sarah) was the legitimate Wife of Nabi Ibrahim. So if your wondering why Jews(some) look down on their Arab Bethren, now you know.

Fabregas   

i cant speak ffor anyone but i rather be a zionist than a goat focker!

I think you were emotionally charged when you wrote, but just think of the severity of what you said!

N.O.R.F   

There was an interesting debate in the barbershop lastweek between myself, Somalis, Arabs and Africans.

I just love to stir :D

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I say Somalis are whatever the Eritereans are...They are the closest to us except the language.

Cheers

Most Eritreans I have seen are gorgeous and are proud people, they fight for what they believe is theirs and unlike the Somalis they stick together…..

Their men are short but stunning I must say. ;)

As for the Somalis who claim to be largely from Arab ancestors, well they're far from being Arabs. But they could claim whatever boosts their conked out ego. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

I myself am a descendant of
King Wiilwaal
himself and proud son of
Queen Araweello

Aaheey, another powerful statement from a true daljecel iyo daludhalad. Saas ku wad halganka. Kuna dar Cigaal Shidaad [yaaba og in uu jiray?], Olol Diinle, Geedi Shaamboow/Baaboow, Bucur Baceyr ... :D True Soomaalis they were!