Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

ORIENTAL HOTEL, EVERTHING WITHIN REACH.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

ladies and Gentleman, how would you like to spend the night at the famous oriental hotel located in the heart of downtown Hargeysa? You don't believe me, don't take my word for it, check out its website and take a look for yourself. offcouse, it's for those of you who are planing to go there, however everyone else's critism is welcome as usual.

check out these pics ;)http://www.halganews.com/oryaltal/OrientalHotel.htm

Assalamu calaykum.

Baluug   

Looks nice, and it's been in business for more than 50 years!!!

Just a question.....What's so oriental about it? It looks like a regular Soomaali hotel.

RedSea   

ASSALAMU CALAYKUM,

Ahh bro, to tell you the truth I don't even know how that name came about. I gues, it's been there for a long time compared to other Somali hotels, so they gave it such name. But I do thing it looks much nicer than alot of somali hotels unless you are comparing it to the Hiltons and Sherotons. :D

Assalamu calaykum.

Oriental :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Chinese, Thailand, burmese, vietcongs,Japanese and philipines,Malays and Indochinese(nesians) :D:D

Somaalina masoo gashay :D:D

Jaylaani   

^^^That is the simple definition of the word in the western society. Below is the actual meaning of the word.

The term the Orient literally refers simply to the rising of the sun, being derived from the Latin word oriens. It is used to mean "the East".

Rising Sun…that is what the meaning of this historical hotel in the heart of Hargeisa is originated.

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

^^^That is the simple definition of the word in the western society. Below is the actual meaning of the word.

The term the Orient literally refers simply to the rising of the sun, being derived from the Latin word oriens. It is used to mean "the East".

Rising Sun…that is what the meaning of this historical hotel in the heart of Hargeisa is originated.

do chinese also live EAST of somalia?

Oriental include Chinese, Thailand, burmese, vietcongs,Japanese and philipines,Malays and Indochinese(nesians)
:D:D
Somaalina masoo gashay

Saalixa   

^ rising of the sun? But we have no connections to those ideals and beliefs. Jay how come You know its roots that deep? Are you publicising it smile.gif maybe related to the owner ;) lol

Oriental huh looks nice but how come i have never seen it and heard of it before. since 1953 they say...weird.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Rayaana:

^ rising of the sun? But we have no connections to those ideals and beliefs. Jay how come You know its roots that deep? Are you publicising it
smile.gif
maybe related to the owner
;)
lol

Oriental huh looks nice but how come i have never seen it and heard of it before. since 1953 they say...weird.

LOL@ are you related to the owner.

As a matter of fact yes. Maxumed Cabdi (RIP) was the owner of the Hotel who is also a close cousin of the owner of MAANSOOR Hotel in Hargeisa (both relates to me)

I used to go there when I was a little boy before the war with his son Cabdi Qadir and nephew Ismacil and Gurey, RIP (he was killed in London 1993).

The hotel was one of the main attractions in the city of Hargeisa prior to KACAAN. After Siyad bare came to power, the owner died (rip) and his sons left the country therefore, the hotel never reached its potential. Now that the country is doing better and Somaliland business is flying high Oriental Hotel is once again on the map.

Speaking of the rising sun...yes we do have connections with those beliefs Rayaana. smile.gif Somali poetry and songs are mostly based natural beauty such as the rising sun and the morning rain.

Qoraxdoo aroortii

qaybisay falaadhaa

BTW, the Oriental Hotel doesn’t need publicity.

Saalixa   

^^ OK OK i get it...so You have big connections in hargiesa. That doesnt explain why you still jigging down with it in Phily ? "( or was it york?) one of them... waisted asset i reckon.

but anyhow atleast the next time i fly to hargiesa by daalo airlines (one way ticket) i will call someone for some discounts hey? i know you link with atleast 60% of landers ( e.g. that guy that recorded on the answering machine he gets on my nerves 'numbarkaad qaraaceysaa waa mashquul....'). me thinks its all good Jay. In hargiesa waxa weeyaan garaad iyo garab. from farming industry to the little local shop. You must know ina hebel hebel through a specail network.

But it has been publicised all over somaliland websites and u say it doesnt need publicity? Maybe you have been away too long? hargiesa now is not the hargiesa you knew. There is big compitition between local firms esp the tourist industry (qurba joog baa wadanka nooleysay runti) ...they need all publicity they can get.

hodman   

i know you link with atleast 60% of landers ( e.g. that guy that recorded on the answering machine he gets on my nerves 'numbarkaad qaraaceysaa waa mashquul....'). me thinks its all good Jay.

:D:D

lol! that guy on da machine really gets on my last nerve too :D

Why wouldn't Oriental need publicity seeing as all the other hotels have long since eclipsed it's glory. Being in downtown doesn't help matters for what the advertisement left out is all the congestion and confusion and noise in that part of town not to mention the street vendors and people like kutiiriye for those who know Hargeisa well(just thinking of him makes me look over my shoulder). All said and done though it's quite unbelievable the rate at which Hargeisa is developing.

Jaylaani   

Rayaana,

Yes it’s Philly…and I’m still getting jiggy with it.

I have no idea who is this guy you guys are talking about. I call Hargeisa regularly but I never head any recording voice in the telephone system.

Speaking of Daalo Airline, I actually picked up the owner (colaad) from the airport on his way to London from LA. He attended a Somaliland conference in LA last year. He stayed in Philly with me for a night. Very nice dude…perhaps, I will call him and get you a discount (just kidding)

The last time I was in Hargeisa Morgan was the boss. I’m sure things changed dramatically, not only politically but economically as well. I will be there soon INSHA ALLAH…see you at the Oriental Hotel sis. The dinner is on me.

BTW, how is Australia?

Originally posted by Rayaana:

^^ ..... one of them... waisted asset i reckon.

u tartiibi yaah :D:D

By the way, you surely need not advertise that restaurant ...liek that..use a PR firm Like mine..

Saalixa   

I will be there soon INSHA ALLAH…

And like they say sanad ba sanad uumbu kusii dhibi. Soon never comes and you find yourself 20 yrs down the track still having that want in ur heart (nafta lagu raxeeya bari baad hargiesa ka dagi airportkeeda). For me i was supposed to go last year and then i never went. Then there was 2005 end of the year break and i never went again. Nafta uumbaan ugu sheekeyaa bal hargiesa caday maalin uun baad ka daadagi airportkeeda. It never comes :( But maybe u on a diff boat and may be this time u sure 99.99%

Iam not going to say it because it happened to me one time too many. My friends all know it too well and say that one is a big Lier she will stay in Oz forever "alaa taa haa sheegin way riyoota uun, wax ka surtagala ma jiro". Ma hadlaayo ilaayoo malinta aan isku hubsado the one way airline ticket aan ku dagi ciida hargiesa cabona biyaheeda.They will see! Insha Alaah