Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Abuse in the streets of Riyadh

Kashafa   

I didn’t see anything graphic. I think people do that all the time. It is called SHUKAANSI.

Right. In that case I hope a 300 pound cellmate Shukansi's you sometime in your lifetime. Come back and tell us how it went. Shukansi kulahaa. Waraa, think a little bit before hitting that Add Reply button.

Now, I thought we'd be well on our way discussing the causes of such outrageous(and common in Saudi) behavior, instead some people have a tough time understanding why this is so shocking. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining why the sky is blue, so go figure out when exactly you lost the ability to gauge decent/indecent behaviour..Was it before or after you got off the boat ? :D

I insist that this type of predatory behavior on hijab'd/niqab'd women is exclusively Saudi. Why ? I don't know..A Saudi socialogist could give a better answer, but if I were to venture a guess, I'd say it's the unnatural segregation of the genders together with the objectification of women as helpless precious jewels that need to be kept under lock & key. Segregation which is defintely cultural because Muslim women were on the frontlines of battles throughout Islamic history acting as nurses, and when need be, warriors. During last year's debate on granting women driving privileges(Howabout granting them 'baby-production' privilieges too) critics raised a tough question: What will a woman do if her car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, miles away from home & help ? She'll be at the mercy of romantic shukansified Jaylanis, they reasoned. For the rest of the world, the obvious answer is to call a mechanic. Not in KSA.

Ngongeka,

Thanks for the advice, but I'll choose to be human and pass. I'll choose to be revolted and disgusted when I see things that deserve those reactions, and then I'll express it, loud and clear. It's only human and it's only natural. That whole stiff upper lip thing is not only fake, it's been played out. Be yourself, adeerkiis.

Jaylaani   

In that case I hope a 300 pound cellmate Shukansi's you sometime in your lifetime. Come back and tell us how it went.

Somebody is sexually frustrated. What happened to you in Kismayo, really?

Kashafa   

^ Care to share anything besides d-grade sarcasm ? I mean, it's cool but at least try to contribute to the topic, 3 sentences for the sake of appearences even, if you can't put together a decent paragraph.. And whatever you do after aforementioned cell-mate, please do not try to shukansi your future spouse like that. It's ummm... a bit undignified, even on Jaylanistic standards.

^^

Kashafa,

Huh, Walaak ya Mucawad, adulub alanjadah lil binaat, wa laa takuun tharthari smile.gif

Indeed the unatural segregation, the overpriced meher were girls just reaching an age of un-marriageable - called "Caanisaat" or "Guun" in our language.

another factor is their fathers are mostly greedy and ask for unimagineable meher,a villa, a gold belts, and gifts of cars, which is worldly goods only the rich can afford, so most poor people miss the boat of marriage altogather.

Another factor is due to the arabian culutral hertiage, which is totally unislamic were they believe women are generally are "Cawrah".

In addtion to that,another bad news is one to be become a widow, for woman its like a death sentence, in Saudi arabia - culturaly untouchable sort of thing i don't way, all those factors are accumlated, and create a sexually deprived society, and sexually manic youth.

Allah ya ciinahum.

Shakti   

nasty yellow teeth arabs...another reason why they disgust me

Question is why do we care about their issues , who cares, if they treat each other in that manner.. i don’t and i will never do so..f them .. thats the only respond they should get from us

all the arab men are nasty and all arab women are arrogant .. if u ask me, that’s match made in hell.. good luck to them on their destination (hell)

^^Aayar with that sweeping generalization, adeer!

If you insist that you don’t care about crimes committed against your fellow muslimaat though, this site is teaming (so you know) with people who feel the pain and the anguish of those wronged. Midda kale, you can’t seriously dismiss these issues as an Arab thing as it’s not unique to Arabs---it goes beyond Arabia and probably happens everywhere in the world, and for the victims, the consequences are sadly the same.

As to what the reasons are for these conducts to be prevalent in the holy land, I agree with Sharmarke. Saudi Arabia comes across as a country with a shaky foundation. Politically and culturally!

Well....Before Islam, they used to bury their girls and those who live they deny their inheritance.

Forward millenia and half...they go back to levels similar to before islam... I wonder what happened within those fourteen-plus hundred years? :confused:

Cheers

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Devilangle:

Question is
why do we care about their issues , (hell)

My point exactly.

Kashafa,

Walaal raali ahow. I don't argue with chicks. ;)

These are very extreme images, and without much of a comment, like others said, I believe it does happed in other corners of the world.

However, it is horrific to see such things happen to innocent girls and it has to stop, but to be fair I don't think the Saudi authorities tolorate such scenes.

mantra   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

P.S. I'm now getting word that this incident happened last year in the Ummul Hamaam district of Riyadh. The good news ? King Abdullah(who's officially my nigga now) hunted them down and executed them. They tried to flee to Jordan to no avail. A big Mac to the Sonkur followed by 3 cups of Shaah.

thats a bit harsh dont you think? not like they raped anyone..

anyway why on earth were those women just sticking around, if they couldnt fight why not run? serves em right for walking around at night in Saudia of all places..you cant go to the shop during daylight without having a million pathetic arab men jeer/hoot/flash at you..

NGONGE   

Kashafa,

I’ll let you save face there and carry on with your petulant obstinacy. However, I’ve got to admit that I’m glad you finally tried to think of reasons why such predatory actions take place.

You still insist that such things only take place in Saudi and I still dispute that argument. Nonetheless, I’ll concede the point that the conditions in Saudi Arabia might be perfect for such wicked instances to rear their ugly heads, yet I’ll still maintain that humans are humans wherever they’re found. In fact, I’ll go as far as argue that those girls would have faced a worse fate had they been attacked by a group of teenagers in London, Paris, New York of even Xamar (pre the Mullah uprising of course).

Some here spoke about the depravity of Saudi youth as being the reason for such actions. That may be true but is it the only answer? And, why? Have not these young men been brought up on a diet of virtue and respect? How many Saudi men would tolerate such a thing happening to their sisters? Isn’t the respect of women an almost holy practice in those parts? As far as I know, Saudis respect their women so much that they insist that these women never leave home alone (or without their faces uncovered) lest a leery young kid catch a glimpse and think ungodly thoughts about them. How then do they end up finding, in their midst, animals such as those we saw in the video?

Though we can’t see the faces of the girls in the video, we can clearly hear one of the boys refer to them as Egyptian! It’s really not my intention to digress or move the subject away from its intended course, however, you and I know (assuming you lived in those parts) that the rule book does not apply to non-Saudi girls. Women from other gulf countries might receive some (but not much) respect. But an Egyptian woman (or even man)? Hardly ever!

I contend that this is really not a Saudi problem because no woman in a foreign country ever (fully) receives respect from the local hoodlums. Somali ruffians would do the same thing to an Ethiopian girl without batting an eyelid. Their excuse will be that she’s not Muslim, not Somali or that it’s really not a big deal to her because most Ethiopian girls are, well, loose anyway (in the same way that the Saudi boys think Egyptian girls are loose).

It is often said that man is a talking animal. We have the same basic instincts and desires as a he-goat and when given the chance (with no risk of retribution) many would be tempted to fulfil these desires. I’ve said this before and I’ll repeat it again, speaking of me personally, I would LOVE to sleep with a different woman every single day. I would love to drink myself into a coma (and I’m not talking about camel Milk here). I would love to have countless orgies, threesomes and gamble all my money away. In fact, I would love to remove all restraints and run wild until I could run no more. The desire is there, the basic need is hidden and the imagination to carry out all these things is not at all lacking. However, since my birth as a skinny Somali Muslim and over the years, I’ve been putting on all sorts of healthy fats and I’m so obese with morals and virtue now that I can’t bring myself to carry out any of these things. Aha! I hear you say. Weight can be lost, you mischievously whisper in my ear. And I agree, it can and does. Who here has not done a bit of moral diet and lost a bit of virtues fat behind their ears or from their hips, I ask you?

Now, indulge me a little as I stroke my beard and preach. Morals, virtues, righteous deeds and even a conscience can carry one so far but in the end, they all can be shed like a used and dirty underwear. What is harder to overcome is FEAR. The fear of authority, the fear of retribution or just fear for fear’s sake. The boys in this video don’t seem to fear the authority of the state (in this instance). Because the state itself does not attach too much importance to the welfare and human rights of foreigners! They don’t fear retribution from the girls’ family because they’re only Egyptian after all. Yet, the real fear (and conviction) that they should really have does not at all seem to be there. And when I say fear, I mean real fear not the cheap version of the word. Those boys, for that temporary period when they were abusing the girls seem to have been overcome with momentary courage! At least one hopes it were a fleeting moment and that they did feel some remorse after the event. For to err, as I’m sure you’ve heard countless times, is only human. The fear that they should have had and that stops me from indulging in all my decadent desires is (as I’m sure you’ve already worked out) that of the almighty. Still - and I’m not asserting anything here but merely enquiring - when one is in such a position of power over helpless girls, and with one’s head swelling bigger and bigger with every girly squeal, what are the chances that one would start worrying or remembering the might and power that is bigger than he?

Maybe it’s this false power; fake and momentary control over helpless girls in empty streets is what you think peculiar about Saudi boys. But the predatory behaviour, the abuse of women and the sexual harassment is a human trait that can be found the world over. You need only check out the women-only train carriages in Japan to see the consequences of similar yobbish behaviour (apparently, previously, the serial gropers in Japanese trains used to work to together in order not to get caught).

At any rate, this is probably a discussion for another time and the one we have (as I understand) plans to simply deal with the ‘Saudi problem’ and the reasons for it. It’s a Human Rights problem, don’t you agree?

^^You get off at bloviating, don't you? Cheez man, how do you expect me to read all of that and find time to read other posts.

I propose every post, from henceforth, be vetted for brevity, for brevity is soul of wit.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

^^You get off at bloviating, don't you? Cheez man,
how do you expect me
to read all of that and find time to read other posts.

I propose
every post, from henceforth, be vetted for brevity, for
brevity is soul of wit

To paraphrase Ms Jackson:

I betcha think this thread is about you,

Don’t you, don’t you, don’t you. :D

NGONE Says,"Somali ruffians would do the same thing to an Ethiopian girl without batting an eyelid."

Have you actually seen any Somali doing that, not dat we are incapable of such actions. I don't know about today's Somalia, but Ethios (mainly Oromo and Eri) never faced such treatments da in Xamar I used to know. Let's focus on things dat actually occurred, not so much scenerios dat could happen.