galbeedi

Garacad port is a great lesson for Somalis every where

galbeedi   

The Business community are doing great. Somalis had shown it could be done. You don't need DP world or Chinese to build things. 

I would give those who built Garacad other contracts to build infrastructure. 

Duufaan   

Great news, more and more ports are welcome but we can not only be importer country, ships must to be load something back even Salt. Lasqoray people should follow suit.

• Like 1

No sooner than Garacad becoming operational 

PUNTLAND OO SHAACISAY XILLIGA DP WORLD BILAABAYSO DHISMAHA DEKEDDA BOOSAASO

PUNTLANDPOST.NET

Xukuumadda Puntland ayaa shaacisay in dhismaha dekedda Boosaaso la bilaabayo saddexda bilood ee ugu horraysa sannadka...

SOMALIA: GARACAD PORT OVERSHADOWS DP WORLD PROJECT

Garacad investors are looking into ways to make the Federal Government a key stakeholder in the form of a guarantor, a development that will lead the seaport to acquire a national infrastructure status to reduce the higher insurance premium demanded by shipping companies docking at new, privately owned ports.

PUNTLANDPOST.NET

Garowe (PP News Desk) — One day after the first ship docked at the new Garacad Port, Puntland State government… Sii akhri

Arafaat   
On 11/28/2021 at 10:22 PM, galbeedi said:

The Business community are doing great. Somalis had shown it could be done. You don't need DP world or Chinese to build things. 

I would give those who built Garacad other contracts to build infrastructure. 

Which company build it?

galbeedi   

To make these developments successful, you need a responsible and functioning state. The only ships that will dock in Somali ports are probably uninsured and risk prone  ships from Arabian gulf or  unregistered outlaw ships  from Vietnam to Liberia. I don't know anything about maritime shipping, but from time to time I hear ships who sink in the Red Sea while carrying shipments to Berbera or Mogadishu.

Berbera, with its strategic locations and access serves the 2 million people of Somaliland and nothing else.

1 hour ago, Samafal said:

Che, is that you? Isn't time you came home and embrace mother of federal Somalia?

Samafal, I embrace the success of Pland and any Somali region. I am particularly happy about Garacad since it is Somali owned.