galbeedi

Garacad port is a great lesson for Somalis every where

10 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Che,

The debate about the relocation of the capital from Mogadishu has started among Somalis. yesterday I was talking to some people about the relocating the capital and many people said Baraawe or Baydhabo. The northern guys said, " we are already 2000 km away from Mogadishu, and we need a central location".

I suggested Garacad since it is brand new town, with Indian ocean type with mild climate. I guess those of us from the north and those from Mogadishu should meet in the middle, and this new town could fit the bill.

To be blunt, I would not want the Somali capital to be close to any town dominated by D, H, or I blocks. Baraawe seems to be gaining some consensus. Otherwise, move it to Baydhabo whose citizens are reasonable and pro dowladnimo. 

galbeedi   
47 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

to be blunt, I would not want the Somali capital to be close to any town dominated by D, H, or I blocks

good point. 

Baraawe it is.

Dalmar1   
1 hour ago, Dhagax-Tuur said:

Barava.  What a name.  Imagine marketing that.  

We need Baraawe as the new capital.  Fck Mog 

Kulaha this fool "fck Mog"

Walahi waa typical ilkoyar fake wadani mindset, the moment his failed useless Adeer xaarmaajo is about to be expelled he turns to insult Reer Mogadishu lol.

1 minute ago, Dalmar1 said:

Walahi waa typical ilkoyar fake wadani mindset, the moment his Adeer xaarmaajo is about to be expelled he turns to insult Reer Mogadishu lol.

That M00ryaan city can be Somali capital, it is time.

Shame on Mogadishu 

5 hours ago, Dalmar1 said:

Walahi waa typical ilkoyar fake wadani mindset, the moment his failed useless Adeer xaarmaajo is about to be expelled he turns to insult Reer Mogadishu lol.

Dalmar, don't insult brother Dhagaxtuur. Also don't blame him considering what transpired in Xamar in the recent few weeks.

Even me, a diehard defender of Muqdisho being the undisputed capital city for us Soomaalis for almost two decades here on SOL - what happened recently in Xamar certainly gave me a pause. We thought we moved away from mooryåånimo mentality since 2006. I still support Xamar as a capital of Soomaaliya, but what happened a few weeks ago should and must not be repeated.

• Like 2

galbeedi   
5 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Lol Baraawe Indhcade subclan lay claim on it so expect another intifada if you move the capital there 😂😂😂

That is a good reminder. 

Kud ka guur oo qanjo u guur.

I would back my initial town: Garacad.

I do believe that those people whobuilt the port will be proud to host the Somali capital. 

Anagana way noo dhawdahay. From Burco it could be less than seven hours. 

15 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Lol Baraawe Indhcade subclan lay claim on it so expect another intifada if you move the capital there 😂😂😂

Any xaawo and jaamac can clain any tuulo, but who rules is the question. Uusbuur in Garoowe claims to rule deegaano a few kilomitir Garoowe u jirto uuna tagi karin.

Dadka degan ayaa maamulo Baraawe iyo nawaaxigeeda for years.

Anyway, Xamar will always be xarunta ummadda Soomaaliyeed.

Arafaat   

Coastal town are not appropriate to be the seats of the government. 

Tanzania, Benin, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, all moved their capitals/Seats of government from Coastal cities to cities in the interior. 

Besides coastal cities tend to form fertile ground for extremist from Pempa(Mozambique), Mombasa (Kenya), Malindi, all the way to Basaweyne, Banadir and Bosasso. You don’t want to move from Mogadishu to Barawe, without actually analyzing the underlying factors here. 

Guys

Sayidka moved firrst SOMALI state from Taleeh to Midhisho, google/youtube up that place, It would suit!

Somalidu dhulkeeda ha barteen marka hore, then decide, wadanka lamaba yaqaan!