Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

It's Muslim men we must modernise

Blessed   

Interesting article from a supporter of the Imaam-et with flowers in her hair. What thinks you?

Instead of tempering the verses of the Qur'an with good judgment, some men use them as a vehicle for controlling women. The fact that Islam allows room for this type of behaviour is a problem, yes, but rampant sexism is more a product of patriarchal ideology than religion itself. Men can practice Islam and treat women as equals – the two are not mutually exclusive.

edit: Sorry..

Click on Nuune's link.

nuune   

Interesting article indeed, lol the long comments on that article.

The article , Blessed, that link is broken I think.

Compare that to other great Aaminas :D such as our Aamina Assilimi and the rest.

ilax   

I strongly dis-agree it and I don't see logic works in this. Its Allah given rule of law then abide on it, no more debate on that.

Nuune, How do you see it?

It is hard to determine who is right and who is wrong these days considering the beautifully written millions of articles if you don't have strong basics of the Islamic teachings.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

It is hard to determine who is right and who is wrong these days considering the beautifully written millions of articles if you don't have strong basics of the Islamic teachings.

Ishaad ka riday. Someone who lacks strong religious foundation will fall for this flowery language.

May Allah protect us.