Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Fertility Drugs!-Would You?

Macalin   

Ok..dont know if we discussed this..but, suppose(god-forbid) that you cannot have kids and that you so seriously wanna have kids would you do it?(ladies) and guys will you let your wife have it?, after all this will save you from marrying another woman!

What do you think is the ethical/moral/islamic issues regarding this MODERN way of having kids?

As for me wallahi am all down with it, plus i have a beloved auntie of mine whose been married for now 7yrs and NO kids, and recently her husband married a younger wife and she subsequently asked him to "FASAX" her so that she can try her "NASIIB", which i thought was NORMAL coz after all they tried so hard.

Now am asking her to visit the US so she can try this drugs!...what yall THINK!

PS..STUDY HARD FOR UR EXAMS!!..ONE AND ALL

Hanna   

sure i would

I think i would have tried anything i can possibly do to have kids....

I hope I never find myself in that situation tho'

subxanalah

Ariadne   

Okay If I can't have children I will adopt there are too may unwanted children in this world for me to be picky by wanting only something I gave birth to and besides I don't know what fertility drugs contain it may be something not so good for my health not to mention my childs health. And by adopting I mean adopting unwanted kids and rescuing unwanted animals.... yes stray cats, dogs, rabbits, owls, horses, monkeys elephants,etc,. A zoo of sorts ;)

Dhimbil   

^^^^adapting kids is one option, but nothing compared to your own kids. I wouldn't mind if my wife takes that route,meaning fertility drugs, its cool.

Kruella   

Infertility is not only a woman's problem but also affects the male population but obviously the majority is centered on manipulating womens' reproductive organs instead of looking at the big picture of society as a whole such as pollution and diet change. Althought, i'm not discouraging people from pursuing any avenue open to them to conceive i'm also warning of the Unknown elements of IVF and other reproductive technologies. Louise brown in 1978 is the first tube test baby, and today she's 24 or so ..we still don't know about her reproductive capabilities and many more things. How do we know having kids that way is a good and acceptable alternative...How do we know they'll be healthy individuals in the long term?

I guess adoption seems to me like a better alternative, it's a win win situation.

Salam

Actually, I would go for it! There is nothing like having your own baby that you gave birth to. Its true there are a lot of risks associated with the fertility drug. But if i wuz in that situation (Allah forbid) I would go for it, you never know, it just might work out. If not, then i would turn to adoption or other methods. But it wouldn't be so bad to try it out...

And lakkad, best of luck for your ur aunt inshallah, i can imagine what kind of situation she's in.

Salamz!

Its a very hard sitouation subhana Allah!

But I have mentioned in adifferent place that kids r Rizq from Allah swt and it is only him that can give em 2 ya or take em away from ya. So for me its not about would i do anything 2 get kids or not its rather about taking all the ways that are islamically correct which r not dissaggreing with the laws of the holey Quraan and the pure Sunnah of the prophet asw.

So I would not say I would deffinetley take all the ways 2 have a kid coz 2 the end of the days they are from Allah and he is the one who gives em and He swt showed us the ways 2 take wich he accepts, so if there are ways that are going against His laws then offcourse we should not try it coz then it will be like trying to take that Allah did not give ya from by Him self by compulsion wich will offcourse not work subhana Allah!

So i would say take all the ways that are permissable in islam and make a lot of dua'as to Allah and pray a lot and beleive in the qaddar and put ya trust in Allah coz its only him that can help u in this issue not the docs or the medecine and if its meant for u 2 have those kids then they will come insha Allah if not then they wont even if u use all the medecine on the face of the earth or use the higest and latest technology in the world! And if u dont get any kids after all and everything then there is a reason for it that is unvieald for u and that only Allah swt knows about it and hase a wisdom behind it!