Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

The Origin Of Your Username..................

LadyMo   

The origin of my nick was Denmark

A Danish national is called a Dane

hence Im an ExDane (well I am on paper still a Dane coz I refused de British Citizenship)

But Im an ExDane because I hav truly discovered

my roots i.e I went 2 Somalia & found de home

I'd been lookin 4 all my life!

...nice topic...somthing lite for once!! smile.gif

Well, my name comes from two things...HARMONY comes from the fact that back in tha days when I was at school I used to keep tha peace a lot...so hence harmony ...then ANGEL just stuck one day after my friend told me I sing like an angel ...stick tha two together and you got harmonyangel!! Its been with me for some years now... smile.gifsmile.gif

~harmonyangel~

Miriam1   

My name is Ruba

And Iam from Aruba icon_razz.gif

Na seriously i had a friend named Ruba when i was growing just love the name, and i wanted somting that ryhmed so Aruba went wit it.

MD   

hmm Innocent

well by just looking at me i look very innocent, u know the innocent kinda face ;)

phillip morris, i dont know how i came up with this nick, i was brainstorming a way to come up wit a nick when i saw a bag of cig'ret. Thats how i came up with this nick. :cool:

Abdinuur   

How about for the new SOL members....

It's your turn to shine son!...tell us about your nickname...so we can understand u!

Carry on...

asalaamu alaykum,

Well my username CM is actually the title of a lecture given by Noam Chomsky, in which he basically talks about the propaganda of the gov'd and how they put a great deal of effort into consciously manipulating the habits and opinions of the masses.

I picked the name bc, I believe we're all conscioulsy manipulated in one way or another, from how we eat to how we dress to how we think. Yet we still go around thinking we're all free, bc they've managed to engrave illusions such as freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of whatever into our minds.

Anyway, yeah that's the story of my username. The lecture also talks about the drafting of the constitution and the reality of this wonderful democracy we enjoy. I think you can still get it off Kazaa.

salaam

Abdinuur   

CM,

That's deep yo!...I see whatchu saying yo. I believe all of this Freedom of Speech or "Freedom" in general...is nothing but an illusion! A lot of people dont realize that.

But then when you look back at Islam and its Freedom plus all of its basic principles...everything else just *goes away*...You'd find everything in Islam.

Subhanallah!

Changed   

well me and my freinds were sitting togheter one day and i wanted to switch my name from G F U D ..one of my friends said "i think u are unique so why not name ur self unique" and i thought it was a good idea and i added mizz to clearify my sexuality :D ........am thinking about switching to wiilo my nick name any votes for wiilo.........

kaafi what is the significance of ur new name?

CS..........i love ur name.....now that i know its significance ;)

A7LA-SHU   

intersting names u guys got there..

well mine as alot of ppl know....

Magnoona=Crazy in arabic and i add the girl coz i realized alot of somalis say magnoon as if im a guy or something. but i guess they don't know the difference between magnoona and magnoon....

how i got the name? easy. my whole family call me crazy in a good way thou lol.. but here is the reason. when i was young i was one quiet kid and shy.. untill my high school years i don't know why or how i changed but i did changed.i start sayin whatever i wanna say not carin what others would think, do anything i wanna do... so my family would say oh yeah the crazy one this and dat. so i just kept the name. believe me i got million other nick names my family gave me. and this was the nice one of all lol

but as u guys can see im not that crazy :D;)

masallama.. 1 luv