Oodweyne

Sultan Erdogan of Anatolia Losing the Plot, again.

Apophis   

What will all the Somalis who bought property in Turkey do once this dictator is toppled.

A post edorgan Turkey will have little use for Somalia or its wild people.

Tallaabo   
11 hours ago, Oodweyne said:
WWW.HIIRAAN.COM

ANKARA, Turkey (AP)-- Turkey on Tuesday accused Greece, Cyprus, Egypt, France and the United Arab Emirates of seeking to form an “alliance of evil” after these countries issued a joint declaration...

Suldaan Erdogan hasn't lost any plot but instead is justified to call out what is clearly an anti-Turkish pro-dictatorship alliance. Each of these countries in this group marriage of convenience has some issues with Turkey for which they cannot face Turkey on their own. For Greece and Cyprus it is clearly the issue of the divided island of Cyprus and its newly discovered off-shore hydrocarbon deposits. For France it is purely Islamophobia and their inherent arrogance. For the UAE and the Egyptian dictator it is just their hostilities towards everything Erdogan stands for. It seems that you too have mischievously joined this axis out of support for our ally- the UAE. 😎

• Like 1

Oodweyne   

Tallaabo,

Saaxiib, I didn't know you have joined-in with Mr. Erdogan's political groupies of SOL (apparently we have an active club of that sort right in here). But, if I were to bother to ask of you to put down your pom-pom for Mr. Erdogan for a bit, you will see what on earth that I am on about.

And by that I mean, don't take my word for it, but just try to recall how many times Mr. Erdogan changed his country's policy towards Syria, towards the EU, towards the Russians. and even, towards the Yanks. And all that has happened in the last few years.

Hence, to be on all sides of any issue of the region, and still wish to be taken as a man who is not making up as he goes along shows you why I say he lost the plot. Moreover, say what you will about Iran and their "pernicious sectarian agenda" in the middle east, but at least there is strategical (almost a brave) internally-consistent sense about their over-all agenda.

However, on the other hand, Mr. Erdogan doesn't know (even in his mind) whether he will be a friend to the Yanks or more to the Russian, by next month  And the reason for that, apart from the fact that US's foreign policy under Mr. Trump is not in any fashion a consistent affair either, is that he is not really clear what his nation's long term interests is, even by next month. And his zig-zagging approach to Syria is the main indicating example of what I am on about. 

All in all, when Turkey had men like Mr. Gul and its former foreign minister at the helm of its strategical and statecraft management, Turkey could be relied on to know its own mind, and in terms of what Turkey's long term interest should be.

For such strategical interests of Turkey should have been determined by now, at least it should have been in his mind, in terms of its trajectory. And it should have been clear as to whether Turkey is with China or whether she is going to be a "strategical partner" of Russia, or both, if she could pull it off. Or whether she should, instead, see to it to stop to continue this "nonsensical acts" of blowing hot and cold smoke at the same time to the Yanks and to the Europeans in each passing month. And she should take good care of her country's NATO membership and all that "strategical obligation" that comes with it.

And, that, as you know by now is definitely not how or the way in which Mr. Erdogan deals with his country's current strategical partners in the West or in any part of the world, for that matter. He seems to be too mercurial and deeply emotional (for some reason) to set a "determined strategical path" for his country and then sticking to it, come what may. Hence, that makes him a man who is all over the place, in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

Apophis   
On 5/13/2020 at 7:27 AM, Tallaabo said:

Suldaan Erdogan hasn't lost any plot but instead is justified to call out what is clearly an anti-Turkish pro-dictatorship alliance. Each of these countries in this group marriage of convenience has some issues with Turkey for which they cannot face Turkey on their own. For Greece and Cyprus it is clearly the issue of the divided island of Cyprus and its newly discovered off-shore hydrocarbon deposits. For France it is purely Islamophobia and their inherent arrogance. For the UAE and the Egyptian dictator it is just their hostilities towards everything Erdogan stands for. It seems that you too have mischievously joined this axis out of support for our ally- the UAE. 😎

Turkey is under dictatorship.

Oodweyne   

^^^ It's not a strict dictatorship in the kind North Korea or even Egypt seems to be. But, it's what is known as  Authoritarian regime, in the manner that the strong-man Mr. Victor Orban with his Fidesz party is running that unfortunate State call Hungary.

And I think Turkey is right there with its "facsimile democracy" that acts as a "flimsy facade" to cover what is essentially a strong-man regime (centered on the presidency) with no judicial check or even a strong legislative branch to balance out any executive's fiat that comes out from Mr. Erdogan's office.   

Apophis   
26 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

^^^ It's not a strict dictatorship in the kind North Korea or even Egypt seems to be. But, it's what is known as  Authoritarian regime, in the manner that the strong-man Mr. Victor Orban with his Fidesz party is running that unfortunate State call Hungary.

And I think Turkey is right there with its "facsimile democracy" that acts as a "flimsy facade" to cover what is essentially a strong-man regime (centered on the presidency) with no judicial check or even a strong legislative branch to balance out any executive's fiat that comes out from Mr. Erdogan's office.   

Very true. I just don’t understand why Somalis are putting all their eggs in this guy’s basket.  I don’t see him or his party winning another “election”. Then what. The first casualty of the new regime will be all the black faces i.e Somalis walking around Turkey illegally as if they own it. I don’t trust them.

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne   

Here are the "economic consequences" of losing the "political and strategically plot", as you can see how unsteady hands at the national level or at the steering wheel, can impact the economic credibility of the government. And that will, in turn, feed into the volatility of your market and will heavily impact also the underlying value of your currency. Especially if it's an openly traded currency, like the Turkish's Lira is.

And if you as a nation were already carrying a large balance-sheet sovereign debt on your Treasury's books as Turkey currently is, then your financial (or your ability to service the debt) will be compounded for the worse.

This is the reason now Turkey is begging nations like UK, Japan, China, and even Qatar, to open a "currency swap arrangement" for their exchanges, just to shore-up the value of the Turkish's Lira that will soon lose altitude as it has been losing such value for the last several years continuously.

All in all, this is a very bleak - and recurring - economical outlook for Turkey, which is likely to be ahead for them. And what is worse is that its Lira currency will get battered (as I said it already) in the open Forex market unless they do what Malaysia did back in 1997. And that was when Malaysia introduced capital control, particularly when IMF and the World Bank told them to open the floodgates during that Asian's financial crisis of that year 

And, Malaysia, of course, did opposite of the advice by these Western institutions. For they simply closed, completely, their openly trading stock-exchange, and then instituted a tight capital control on any dollar deposit account in thecountry as well as their currency till they were out of financial's troubles they were in at that time a few years later.

We shall see how Sultan Erdogan of Anatolia navigates his way out of this, or at least find his way around this emerging crisis, which will not go away with rants and with the bluster of the sort in which he seems to specialize on whenever his foolish government's action comes come as a "boomerang" on his country.

WWW.HIIRAAN.COM

Turkey’s government has appealed to foreign allies in an urgent search for funding, three senior Turkish officials said, as it prepares defences against what analysts fear could be a second currency crisis in as...

galbeedi   

I think Signor Tallabo summed up the whole thing.

Suldaan Erdogan came to power through the ballot box and he will probably leave at the end of his term. The Turkish economy was just over $200 billion when the AK party came to power. with leas than ten years they quadrupled to 800 billion. They even reached close to a billion in 2013. Poor and dirty Greece had 150 billion in 2002, and today it is still hovering  around 200 billion. 

To be a great nation you need a unified presidential system or the dysfunction of a dozen political party will cripple your nation. Very few nations could survive the parliamentary dysfunction of system where the president cohabits with a parliament. Look at Israel with three elections within one year, or Italy which had over 40 governments since 1945. 

Somehow it amazes me how far some of these Somalis would go to undermine their own country, people and interest in their opposition to the current regime. Erdogan and Turkey is only guilty of helping Somali people, and that is what bothers the Kenyan guy Apophis. 

No one likes these Somali nomads who run from one corner to another by abusing the the Turkish visa system for their own unending adventures.

Wasn't Erdogan who landed a famine devastated Somali during the rule of your favorite leader Shariif Ahmed in 2011? 

In fact, it is the French who are losing the plot by joining despots. On the other hand France is losing colonies both in North Africa and western Africa. They lost Tunisia, Algeria and soon Libya. Their economic strangulation of north and west Africa is ending, and will be replaced by Turkey. Furthermore, Mr. Macron who was crippled by public protest since the day he was elected had run out of idea other than bash French Muslims to attract votes from the right wing parties. 

For fifty years, the French central bank was controlling the reserve currencies of a dozen African nations. The conditions of the deal denied these nations to withdraw more than 70% of their deposits. Even Jacques Chriac said without the African deposits French banks could not have survived all those years. 

Do not worry about the Sultan Erdogan. He did what he supposed to do and will leave behind a nations much richer and stronger than he found. If you guys are lamenting about democracy and rule of law in Turkey, just look back what happening in Turkey from 1960- 2000. They even hanged elected leaders. 

GREEKCITYTIMES.COM

Libya before it was destroyed by NATO in 2011 was the most prosperous country in all of Africa and its long-time leader Muammar Qaddafi was embarking on

galbeedi   

. If you need a propaganda against the Turks , here is one by the dirty Greeks. 

Desperate nomads , which one of these groups you would like to join. The UAE butchers who are dismembering Yemen and sawing discord in LIbya?, Hifter, the new dictator who shells hospitals and civilian homes in Tripoli to create new dictatorship?, or the Sisi the butcher of Egypt?.

France as a member of NATO should not be joining these despots.

Oodweyne   

^^^^

I see you are back with your usual habit of cheerleading with a pom-pom, like teenage-girl twirling her bottom at the side of the sports field, desperately hoping her "bodily gyration" will win enough "kudos points" for her team. And the only difference in here is that you are grown-up man, doing that for the likes of Sultan Erdogan.

And before that, you were doing the same thing for some "political chancer" call Mr. Cheeseman, who is about to be turf out in a few month's time from Villa Somalia when he is likely to have over-stayed his "tolerated status as a guest-boy" in Mogadishu. And, of course, not to forget about it, you were doing similar kind of stuff of a "political body-gyration" for the likes of Mr. Abiy Ahmed (ever since he came to power). And you are still doing it.

One of these days, my friend, you need to develop the ability to separate "two things". And they are, on one hand, a sense of being smitten with the idea (or the hope) of thinking that another man can get you what you can't get it yourself. Which is what you are entitled to do, if that floats your political boat. And on the other hand, you need to learn how to see clearly the same men you politically have fallen in love with deeply in a clear-sighted way. Particularly, in terms of their innate ability, their political short-coming, and whatnot.

But till then, I am sure of it that your head will constantly be turning from one man to the next one, whilst hoping all along that this one will finally be proven to be your "political savior".

However, having said all that, the thing that really demolishes your desperate propaganda for Sultan Erdogan, is that you are happily comparing France, a leader in the EU (after Germany), with a seat at the UNSC, a nuclear power and with political influence that is wide and deep in the world, with the likes of Sultan Erdogan's Turkey. And you still want or think that you should be taken seriously around here.

Poor lad. 

Apophis   
10 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I think Signor Tallabo summed up the whole thing.

Suldaan Erdogan came to power through the ballot box and he will probably leave at the end of his term. The Turkish economy was just over $200 billion when the AK party came to power. with leas than ten years they quadrupled to 800 billion. They even reached close to a billion in 2013. Poor and dirty Greece had 150 billion in 2002, and today it is still hovering  around 200 billion. 

To be a great nation you need a unified presidential system or the dysfunction of a dozen political party will cripple your nation. Very few nations could survive the parliamentary dysfunction of system where the president cohabits with a parliament. Look at Israel with three elections within one year, or Italy which had over 40 governments since 1945. 

Somehow it amazes me how far some of these Somalis would go to undermine their own country, people and interest in their opposition to the current regime. Erdogan and Turkey is only guilty of helping Somali people, and that is what bothers the Kenyan guy Apophis. 

No one likes these Somali nomads who run from one corner to another by abusing the the Turkish visa system for their own unending adventures.

Wasn't Erdogan who landed a famine devastated Somali during the rule of your favorite leader Shariif Ahmed in 2011? 

In fact, it is the French who are losing the plot by joining despots. On the other hand France is losing colonies both in North Africa and western Africa. They lost Tunisia, Algeria and soon Libya. Their economic strangulation of north and west Africa is ending, and will be replaced by Turkey. Furthermore, Mr. Macron who was crippled by public protest since the day he was elected had run out of idea other than bash French Muslims to attract votes from the right wing parties. 

For fifty years, the French central bank was controlling the reserve currencies of a dozen African nations. The conditions of the deal denied these nations to withdraw more than 70% of their deposits. Even Jacques Chriac said without the African deposits French banks could not have survived all those years. 

Do not worry about the Sultan Erdogan. He did what he supposed to do and will leave behind a nations much richer and stronger than he found. If you guys are lamenting about democracy and rule of law in Turkey, just look back what happening in Turkey from 1960- 2000. They even hanged elected leaders. 

GREEKCITYTIMES.COM

Libya before it was destroyed by NATO in 2011 was the most prosperous country in all of Africa and its long-time leader Muammar Qaddafi was embarking on

The difference between you being “Canadian” and me being Kenyan Somali is this: you are in Canada as refugee i,e, someone felt sorry for you and allowed you to live there. 

Kenya maybe poorer than Canada but at least as a Kenyan Somali I have native rights which no one can take away. Tomorrow your Canadian benefactors can  deport you to your village in the far corner of Somaliland, as they do often. 

And your love for Turkey is another symptom of your statelessness. Hence your need to latch onto anyone who looks your way.

galbeedi   
7 hours ago, Apophis said:

Tomorrow your Canadian benefactors can  deport you to your village in the far corner of Somaliland, as they do often. 

I thought you knew few things about the new world (North America). 

I have more rights than any African in his own home. Those Canadians who let me in as a refugee were themselves either children of immigrants or refugees themselves. We are all immigrants here for one time or another. I consider Somalis in the old continent of Europe as guests or people surviving among the large native population.

My house is probably much bigger than the average European millionaire.

8 hours ago, Apophis said:

And your love for Turkey is another symptom of your statelessness.

THere is no special love here, just being grateful that someone five thousand miles away would come and help our people in times of difficulty. Whether it is Covid 19, famine or building infrastructure. You might not have deep knowledge of our history, but the Ottomans are not strangers to us.  They are  our long lost friends who remembered us. We hope to repay them one day. 

Saaxiib nimaan nahay cadawgeyga lama simo.

That is why I would take the side of the Turks against Greece,  Greece Cypriot or the butcher of Egypt. It is really simple 

galbeedi   

Also, some us would like to transfer the goodness, decency and the hard work we have seen in this great land called Canada.

We believe that if food safety and prosperity is achieved a land covered by snow five months of the year, imagine what we can achieve where the average temperature is 25C for the whole years.

WE have heavenly paradise on earth in Somalia. All we need is peace and normalcy.

18 hours ago, galbeedi said:

. If you need a propaganda against the Turks , here is one by the dirty Greeks. 

Desperate nomads , which one of these groups you would like to join. The UAE butchers who are dismembering Yemen and sawing discord in LIbya?, Hifter, the new dictator who shells hospitals and civilian homes in Tripoli to create new dictatorship?, or the Sisi the butcher of Egypt?.

France as a member of NATO should not be joining these despots.

FOR secessionists , tthey only see what is there for their secessionist agenda, how evil UAE and destructive ,it is very clear as day. For sessecionists  chaos, in Somalia, in Muslim world is Ladder