Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Italian police fine woman for wearing burqa in public

Peacenow   

This is the reason why I live in Italy. There is no tolerance for anti-civil provocative behaviour. The Italians love their country and will fight anyone who is a threat to it. No PC nonsense here.

Law abiding people like myself, can walk the streets of Milan day and night without fear of violence and being mugged.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7115756.ece

Jacpher   

Bring back Mussolini.

And preach the Muslim countries tomorrow about tolerance, democracy and freedom of religion.

Ibtisam   

Itlay has had a Face covering ban since 1970s, just no enforcement. And the reason the law was first introduced was NOT because of Muslim Women. ;)

Khayr   

Imagine you and your spouse coming back from salat at the masjid and you get stopped and fined for your wife having a niqab or your husband having a kufi/topi and a beard. :eek:

This is sure wake up call to all in europa.

What that cop did IS humiliate a muslimah infront of her husband.

This Burkha business boils my blood, wallahi.

Why don't we create a movement. I mean we muslims across Europe and go to the countries that banned the Burkha in a convoy of coaches and all don a Burkha, see if they will manage to arrest few hundred people and if they do, flood their cities with more of us.

This is discrimination. And the only basis for their pathetic ban is that the women are forced by their men to wear it. Pathetic.

ailamos   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Itlay has had a Face covering ban since 1970s, just no enforcement. And the reason the law was first introduced was NOT because of Muslim Women.
;)

is that true? or are messing with us? ;)

you really are buffoon Peacenow; short-sighted and narrow minded. interesting to see how the London Times uses a picture of an Afghan Burka to conjure up emotive imgaes of 'poor' oppresed women. Also the fact that its quite a ghastly thing in itself doesn't help.

Ibtisam   

Aliamos.

While there is no specific legislation about the niqab, covering the face in public - even with a motorcycle helmet - has been outlawed in Italy since 1975. Cities controlled by the Northern League have used this law in the past to ban Islamic veils.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Woman+fined+wearing+niqab+northern+Italy/2986829/story.html#ixzz 0nBvEBoEO

You see the ban in Italy had nothing to do with Muslim women. I can even tell you why it was first introduced, but you might already know. smile.gif

Raamsade   

I'm against these bans on burqa. Let these brainwashed women wear what they want with one caveat - no special treatment. For example, if the law of the country says that one must bare his/her face to get a driver's license, then burqa wearers must show their face or forfeit the privilege of a driver's license. It is no body's business what women wear.

But I understand where many Europeans are coming from with these bans. Europeans are proud of their hard-fought secularism and they're alarmed at the sight of overt and ostentatious displays of piety on the part of Muslims. Couple that with Muslim demands for more concessions and increase in the radicalization Muslims leading to terrorism, death threats for cartoonists and increased self-segregation.

The antidote to Muslim illiberalism (censorship, death threats, pressuring/forcing ONLY women to wear special costumes, terrorism etc) is more liberalism. Freedom -- freedom to draw satirical cartoons about Mohammed, to criticize the Quran and Islamic scholars etc -- is the greatest threat to Islamic fanaticism.

Blessed   

^You Ozzys are funny..

"If people want to start banning items of apparel, perhaps we could start with budgie-smugglers?" Senator Hanson-Young told AAP.

"I personally find them quite offensive."

:D:D:D

Ms DD   

Yaahuu peacenow. Weli ma daba socotaa burka ladies? Some weird fetish you have there.

The future doesnt look so bright for muslims in Europe. Now it is the niqab, next hijab and so on and so forth. I got this bad feeling that one day we will be deported. I just hope we are smart enough to leave before we are pushed.

Blessed   

Europe is not the ONLY place on earth, sis. You can go South, East and West, live your life and make money. Xataa Europeans-kii baa ka ordayaa it's madness. Muslimkii shaydaan baa calan u saaray.

Ms DD   

Believe me hon, my bag is packed. Within the next 2 years, Somalia baad igu ogtahay inshaAllah. I await my malakul mowt over there haddii Alle nafta igu gaarsiiyo. Not sure how you are finding the emirates though, but somalis are not very much liked over there, i presume.