Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Women drivers increasing(Hargeysa)

Fantikuwaataro [Talyaani: venti quattro] is an FIAT-made popular model car in Xamar in the old days. The name originates from, I think, its model number. Most taksiyo had this model, so were the general population.

fantikuwaataromi8.jpg

You can see this it on picture from a so-not-long Xamar. Jaalle iyo gaduud taksida Xamar midabka la marin jiray ayuu ahaa. All also spotted one model baabuur: Fantikuwaataro. I don't know why, but FIAT had a huge non-manufacturing plant in Xamar. That has to do with it, I guess. Or perhaps it was one of the cheapest, along with Fatuurokuuseey aka Fakis [Volkswagen Beetle], pictured below along with non-taksi Fantikuwaataro.

soom-6.jpg

Sacdiya   

Maskiin- you are right Somali women used to drive cars back then 70's 80's,. dadka qaarkood gabar gaari wadeyso balaayo a ka dhigayaan. They used to drive stick shift what are u guys talking about. Dabshid-smile a igu dhishay, naga yaree sxb, that is big smile u taking a whole lot of space.

RedSea   

^You guys don't get it,the point it's not that women are driving cars,it's actually the number of women drivers INCREASING,it's two different things.

Somali women have always driven cars..sure,but never were there this many women driving cars filling the streets of Hargeysa,get it?

Besides,speak of the present,what happened in the past evoprated with the civil wars,it's new begining and women are once again in the driver seat. smile.gif

Originally posted by Red Sea:

Besides,speak of the present,what happened in the past evoprated with the civil wars,it's new begining and women are once again in the driver seat.
smile.gif

Redsea,have u ever been in to a car that is driven by a girl?Ain't the feeling just great sxb?Eh,i even favour women taxi drivers,thats when i have to take a taxi.Try it.

Originally posted by Red Sea:

quote:Originally posted by BORN_BRANIAC:

Man didn't even know that she is related to my mother.... wow what a small world.

LOL..I am glad I didn't say anything too crazy about her,specially after finding out that she is your aunty!

anyways,did you show this thread to your mom or something,how did you find out she relates to your mom,cuz,you could do me reall big favor.
:D

Baluug   

Geez, you people drive on the left side of the road, too?

In related news, traffic accidents are increasing in Hargeysa..... :D:D:D:D:D

RedSea   

Mcxamar,actually they drive on the right side of the road and the vehicles are all mixed up,there those who have the steering wheel on the left or right,whatever that works for you.

Tahliil   

It must be really boring to drive a car in Somalia. It takes in most of these big cities about what 20 minutes to walk from ene side of the city to the other...

RedSea   

^it's boring but not in that sense,it actually takes time to get to closest destination,because there are no side walks for the people to walk on...they simply will start walking in the middle of traffic,so you will have to be really careful.It makes it difficult as a result to get to where you were headed.