Che -Guevara

The Executive Committee of #TPLF passed a decision to hold the upcoming election at the regional level

galbeedi   

Could you imagine the so called opposition want to take the power without winning any elections. They are campaigning for transitional government if the elections are not held on time.

Abiy should never accept a vacuum or any means to create chaos and interfere with his legitimacy. If the term of the government ends September 2020, the current government will continue to rule and can only be replaced through elections.

The TPLF is daring Abiy Ahmed in order to lead toward chaos and war. If I were him, I would not fire any bullet toward the Tigray enclave which is landlocked. All you have to do is blockade them from essential goods including fuel. THey will starve in few months. 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, Che -Guevara said:

Me thinks Abiy and his main side do not trust each other.

His temporary allies are afraid that if he consolidates power, they will be the first to go take a hike.

PM Abiy also feels that if he gives too much role to his temporary allies, he will be the first to go.

Too many groups with so far distance interests. Who ever has America, French, British side will win as always.

20 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Could you imagine the so called opposition want to take the power without winning any elections. They are campaigning for transitional government if the elections are not held on time.

Abiy should never accept a vacuum or any means to create chaos and interfere with his legitimacy. If the term of the government ends September 2020, the current government will continue to rule and can only be replaced through elections.

The TPLF is daring Abiy Ahmed in order to lead toward chaos and war. If I were him, I would not fire any bullet toward the Tigray enclave which is landlocked. All you have to do is blockade them from essential goods including fuel. THey will starve in few months. 

There is too many oppositions and not even two organizations can make alliance that lasts more than a week.

There is more than 100 registered groups, parties, fronts etc.

The country can never develop since will never have one direction of movement.

You are too invested in Abiy to see what can very quickly change. You are part of Kililka split at this time. A split almost always based on alliances with outsiders rather than internal interest issues.

Galbeedi,

The Ethiopian State and Somalis will never fit; it does not matter who is in power.

Observer,

All valid points

Another Headache

Ethiopia, once one of world’s fastest growing economies, is seeing carefully laid plans unravel

WWW.HIIRAAN.COM

Ethiopia’s once promising economy has run into a wall as the global economic crisis unleashed by the coronavirus pandemic devastates the nation of more than 100 million, forcing IMF to slash its GDP growth...

galbeedi   
On 5/8/2020 at 8:08 PM, Che -Guevara said:

Galbeedi,

The Ethiopian State and Somalis will never fit; it does not matter who is in power.

I know that. The mistrust is deep and historical. And that is why I always object their presence in Somalia. What they did in Berdaale to a civilian plane is a crime.

Yet, I always compare notes between Abiy and the former TPLF. 

WE have to know that the main reason America and others chose Abiy instead of Lema Magrasa is the former's appeal to cross section of Ethiopian society,  both Amhara, Oromo, Muslim and Christian communities. The Muslim community in Ethiopia is much freer and well represented in Ethiopian political landscape for the first time in history. 

Certainly we can not be nostalgic of the heinous crimes the TPLF has committed across the Somali region both within the republic and Somali state of Ethiopia. Somalis are breathing better today than four yeas ago except those who are deeply attached to sectarian enclaves which are by nature anti Somali statehood. You freely travel from Wajaale to Jigjiga without fear or prosecution. The 70 km trip which takes at the moment  little over an hour used to be half day with check points and constant abuse. Arms and weapons to Al-shabaab might have diminished and those visits from regional leaders to  Addis have disappeared.

THere is a lot to watch in Ethiopia , but at the moment we do not have anyone that could hold the hungry 100 million than Abiy Ahmed. He is a balancing act of Ethiopia. The biggest fear for all of us is the reconstruction of despotic and Unitarian Ethiopia by Abiy and his Amhara base, but in all accounts that Ethiopia will never come back. also, despite the presence of ethnic federalism, power in Ethiopia at the moment---I do not know about the future---will stay with those who control the military and the economy (the purse). Ethiopian regions do not have a well established and tax collecting institutions at the moment, and they are propped up by the huge budget transfers from from Addis. 80% of the budget of the Somali state is federal transfers. Abiy is receiving billions of loans and grants from the world  bank and those money are allocated for development and even operational budgets. Despite the double digit economic growth, Ethiopia is a poor country . Average salary of public servants is less $250 dollars a month.

The thing is Ethiopia will be a country ruled by one strong man in the near future. If Somalis,  who are very small community of 12 millions can not be kept together, the world is not stupid enough to encourage the devaluation of 20 ethnic groups of Ethiopia. If OOdweyne, Che, Cadnaan and Galbeedi , who are a small family of connected Somalis,  in so many ways,  can not agree on basic this like intermingling , trading,  living and sharing  a house, what do you expect of Ethiopia.  Thus while regions might enjoy autonomy , the power will remain at the hands of the dear ruler. So, in that scenario, I take Abiy anytime than evil TPLF who are complaining for lost glory.

Do you guys think Lema will be better? I don't think so. Sometimes while things change, they might stay the same. Yet, I will take my chances with Abiy. Furthermore, the TPLF party in Tigray should elect its own regional leaders before they could demand others. TPLF itself is a dictatorial party .

On 5/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, Old_Observer said:
On 5/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, Old_Observer said:

There is too many oppositions and not even two organizations can make alliance that lasts more than a week.

THe big Oromo opposition should keep him to the right course and check his excesses.

Oodweyne,

You are right it's his delusions and brothers that will bring him down. He actually thinks PP has grassroots support. The war in Western Oromia has been raging now for two years. The army is not any closer to defeating OLA.