Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

are we getting stuuu pider?

Qac Qaac   

are we?... now adays i see, somalies turning to shia, somalies turning to christianity. somalies saying is ok to take off your hijab. is ok to date. is ok to call 911 on your family if they abuse you?

most of the somali ppl in north america only live maybe 20yrs the most in these countries. and look the drastic change we made. look how we are thinking now... boys after 50 cent and gang related stuff.. girls all want romantic life, waiting for mr. right.

is all about how we could consume, do u get the lates jersey, did u see that car?... what is happening to our ppl. we only here 20yrs.... imagine 40yrs down the road. we just be like the black americans... afro americans... now they start calling the black ppl in canada Afri canadians... see the trend... i am surprised?

Its not that we are getting stuu pider saxiib smile.gif , well not anymore than any other immigrant group. The problems that befall us are many. We are a beleagured people.

Knowledge is potentially the cure to many of our problems as individuals. Most of the misdemenors and rebellion in our teen years can be forgiveen and understood, its part of lifes many learning curvers onto become a better person.

But as you enter adult life its crucial that we take it upon oursleves to learn as much as we can about our Deen. Otherwise we will be naturally totally assimiliated.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

they abuse you?

thinking now... boys after 50 cent and gang related stuff.. girls all want romantic life, waiting for mr. right.

is imagine 40yrs down the road. we just be like the black americans... afro americans... now they start calling the black ppl in canada Afri canadians... see the trend... i am surprised?

I can understand why u don’t want guys to be thuggish and gang banging.. but can you tell me why you don’t want the sisters to have a romantic life and find Mr. Right??

Besides what’s wrong with being Afro-American? Most of them are doing a lot better than many somali’s I know..!!!

Tuujiye   

Besides what’s wrong with being Afro-American? Most of them are doing a lot better than many somali’s I know..!!!.....darman i think you didn't uderstand what QAC'QAC ment when he said that.

if we look back in history, black people were brought to american. black people had culture,religion,and they were well educated. when they were brought to america, the white men brain washed them and erased all their history.

a person with out a history is easier to control and make them believe anything. as malcom x said..." a man who stands for nathing will fall for anything" if you have no history you are nathing. us somalian have very rich history that goes way back in 4000 years ago. we didn't choose to come here we were forced to come here and now that we are here we are loosing our history, culture and faith. when qac'qac said we are becoming like afro americans, he ment that we are loosing our history and culture. i don't know about the romance part. lol. any ways the somali communities in america are changing very fast and in a research that was done, it is proofing that if we continue to move this jahiliya way in america, we will loose our nationality and culture and even worse our deen subhanalah. our kids can't speek their language, the adults don't know their deen,culture and language, education is being very dificult to them, living pay check to pay check..all these signs are the signs of how the afro americans have change.

forgive me y'all if my spelling is bad....

hadaan ku qatimo wa yar..waraa qac qac, gabdhaha romantic ha noqdaan hana sugaan fiyoore maxaa ka rabtaa marax yahoo...laakiin waan ka helay topica aad furtay nooh....

ii baashaala aqyaarta Darma sorey if i didn't make sence.

OG_Girl   

boys after 50 cent and gang related stuff.. girls all want romantic life, waiting for mr. right.

I really blame fathers, there is no father power in somali families or most of somali families in western , most families r with out fathers, only mother can't raise kids .As somalis we should know by now father is most important for kids' life just like mother is important.And believe me when girl gets all love from her father she wont look for a boy friend to fill that love she missing.

salam

I understand how fusterating it is to see sisters and brothers change over night from better to worse. But there is no point in telling them they getting dumber or they're losing culture/religion. We've tried many times, now we just gotta let Allah take care of it. "Only God could judge them".

.:peace n luv:.

Macalin   

Last week this 'Tall black man with long hair' Ran away from the police behind my office and the local police asked me if i saw him.

Soon as the cops left, this somali dude with Similar description was almost handcuffed and killed coz he 'resembled'the 'tall black long haired man'...now if u ask me,he wasnt that tall,but he dressed and looked like a typical AFRO AMERICAN-his freind who was is taller than him, and of darker complexion was dressd 'somali' and wasnt even bothered .

Anyways my point is ....Environment has alot to do with everything...

Whats the solution? RAISE your KIDS RIGGHT when u have one of ur own :D

Qac Qaac   

all of u masha'allah answered it well.

but to answer your question Darman. For a girl to wait a man to be more romantic is really dump, idea, because the man who ever it is. could only be romantic to his wife.... so the other girls won't see if he is really romantic or not. and to waste your whole life waiting for some one to be romantic. i really think. it is waste of a time.

garab tuujiyo, gabdha fiyoore ha iska rabaan. laakiin in ay noloshooda dhan ay u fadhiyaan hal fiyoore way ila fool xuntahay anigu... laakiin waa runtaa ha iska baashaalaan....

but i have to admit, the women is why we still as a somali nation have hope. with out women, all kind of them, sisters, mothers, aunts. i think we men would kill each other.... and in western countries you see there are more somali girls in universities then guys... the only knock against them is when they see being romantic as from the TVs... that's all...

Tuujiye   

KULIGIIN DHEXDAA LA IDINKA SALAAMAY..ILAAHEY GARBAHA HA IDIIN CAAFIYEE SAX.

WARAA QAC QAAAAC..SXB YOU SHOULD TAKE WOMAN STUDIES. YOU WILL DO GOOD.

MR. NOMAD...STORIES LIKE THAT HAPPEN EVERY DAY IN MY CITY SAX. BUT A PROBLEM THAT BIG, IS NOT BECAUSE WE DRESS LIKE AFRO AMERICANS, IS BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A STRONG COMMUNITY SAX.

IN NORTH AMERICA THERE IS THOUSANDS OF SOMALI COMMUNITIES AND EACH ONE HAS A DIFFERENT GOAL. A GOAL THAT WILL HELP THEIR TRIPE "QABIIL" WE ARE STILL LIVING THE SAME SICKNESS THAT KILLED OUR HOMELAND. IF WE HAD A STRONG COMMUNITY LIKE THE CHINES, THE JEW, THE ITALIANS, THE LEBENIES, THE EURO'S WE WOULD NEVER FACE A PROBLEM LIKE THIS. IS BECAUSE OF OUR COMMUNITY THAT YOUNG MAN WAS ABUSED. THE ONLY WAY WE COULD CHANGE THIS IS TO EDUCATE OUR SELF AND HELP OUR PEOPLE IN NORTH AMERICA OR ALSE WERE IN THE WORLD. THE CHANGE COULD ONLY BE MADE BY US YOUNG PEOPLE WHO ARE IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES. WE HAVE TO STEP UP TO THESE SICK OLD MAN. MAKE DUA FOR OUR PEOPLE Y'ALL IINSHA ALLAH ONE DAY WE WILL STAND STRONG AGAIN NO MATTER WERE WE ARE. BUT LIKE IT WAS SAID, BEFORE YOU HELP OTHERS, FIRST TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF. IF YOU ARE A CLEAN PERSON A PURE PERSON ONE WHO PREYS HIS SALAD AND KNOW HIS DEEN AND CULTURE ISLAMIC CULTURE THAT IS AND SOMALI CULTURE SECOND, THEN YOU COULD HELP YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR PEOPLE TOO. IINSHA ALAH WAA LA QEERAA SOO DUCEEYAA..ILAAHEY FARDAHA NA CEERSANAAYO HANAGA REEBEE SAX.

HADAN HADALKA BADIYE IGA RAALI NOQDA.

W/SALAMA CALEYKUM......

lol   

QAc QAc: Aboowihiis, horta mid. Every young generation that is from 12-20. These years are known as adolescent years. These are the years when every kid makes mistakes, experiments with life and most of all forms his/her personality. So it is no surprise to see them wanting to be the trend of the year. We have immigrated to a different world where 50 cent and Wutang rule, so kids broughht up in these areas will wanna dress and behave like them. The only sad thing is, when they don't grow out of it eventually. All the young kids I know back in the States have really matured to become better Nomads than their parents were, mainly b/c they have began to look for identity.

I acually do support the youths who dress like the celebraties coz that is the cool thing. But look at the older ppl who changed from being decent to a thug? Aniga kuwaas aan la yaabanahay.. laakiinse caruurta waqtigooda ayeey ku jiraan..

As for being African American.. war heedhe.. fursado badan ayaanu ku heysanaa sheegashada aanu sheeganeyno madowga aanu mareykan ugu nimid.. marka why not?