Sign in to follow this  
mz-alpha-soup

why do somali women DEMAND big weddings???

Blessed   

Originally posted by mz-alpha-soup:

I beg to differ, coz if i woz inlove i would neva dream of putting my man in this predicament.I would prefer to go somewhere exotic for our
honeymoon instead
icon_razz.gif

I am with you all the way sis!

I don't even see the point, you been to one wedding you been to them all. In London weddings are like riwayads walaahi, no one even notices the pride and groom - it is all pointless. :rolleyes:

By the way!

Wats u sayin bredrin, is u an ex Londoner - guwaan wid your London twang, looks like u ain't lost it, yet. So what manor is U loaftin at the mo. been trying to get outa this city , get me. wanna check out the towns ... so tell this lass all about the red necks :D

Az for u being invited to a wedding u dont even kno...cajaaib ..war nimanyohoo somalidhaa shekadhodhaa yaa naa gachochiyaa... ( ma somali a bit ruff on tha edges..sorry for the outburst pple.) qoxooti u kno wha i mean dhee..

looool, nadhee I most certainly do know what you mean. And yes, you best recognize wif somaliga bakoorada aad ladaceysid, abologies

accebted....looolz... :D:D ...That is why you are me bestest friend..... :D:D (sorrey bout the esbelling mistakes, alpha you triggered me off lassie)

Big up all ma Londoners.... MZ Alpha you missing out on nuff ting gwanin on ere...ya get me tho??

You'se the one that ran out on us, and da manor is bare quiet wifout u, ya get me?? Ya missin us tho, innit? I can hear it when you're cracking them dry-arse American jokes...looool...

Still got love for you tho

~QoxootiMammi~

Ameenah..yea sis...nuff much gowning ere.. bare manz chatting breeze.. am in t.o now but missing my manor bakc in london like mad...dont leave there sis..coz bare tingz hype there compared to here..its dry..

qoxoti...lol..ofcourse..best friends fo eva...u get me..i miss u n family like shaah wivout sugar..u get me..raas clat..am about to apck up n ran back, faster than tha garage bit...in 21 secondz... icon_razz.gif tik tik tik...lol

mz-alpha-soup...booooo....rah man everyone down ere is missing you gal-like mad...wa'gwan wif you anyway? Like the ting with the so solid imitation....shouldn't it be..."twenty-one mijiin qaad to go"....loooooool....thats what you hear in bare maafrish across bare manors...loool...anyway, gal...dont be a stranger...me missing you too...keep in touch wif your cris, tick-looking self... :D:D:D

~harmonyangel~

i think it's something in our blood...see every girl wish her wedding to be PERFECT..and we wonna be betta than others and stuff....In my case i wonna my weding big, but hey if my family can't afford it hey i can't do anything about but thank allah for what i will get that's all...

A7LA-SHU   

oh please...... aye if the nigga can have my dream wedding tell me why i should say no?? hmmm not me yo.. but to be honest it depends if me and god knows who i'll marry got that money to make my dream wedding where i can have my family and friends i'll go for it coz i'll always remember that night.. but if he can't then no problemo too.. (but im wishing i'll have one and have atleast 200 pppl) that isnot alot......

Senora   

Originally posted by QoxootiMammi:

In my opinion most Somali weddings are a completely disorganised 'shindig' where no one seems to know what is going on, let alone the bride and groom.

Personally I dont see anything wrong with spending serious money
if the funds are available and you dont have to get up on Monday morning inaad buuga ceerdha sariiftid...

The unfairness of the situation arises as you rightly said sis, when the man is the sole payer and the woman is the lady of leisure. If the responsibilities were shared, then maybe the pressure and anxiety would not fall on one person alone. This would contribute toward a healthy relationship.

If I had the funds, and Insha'Allah one day I will, I would most certainly pay a considerable amount for my BIG DAY. The guest list would be monitored and I most definitely would not invite more than 100 people. Thus a very private occassion.

~QoxootiMammi~

Thats exactly how i feel.......yeah, some of you are right...i dont think people should spend so much money on a night that might put them in a "not so good" financial situation, but if they can BOTH afford it, and they BOTH want to share their special night with close friends and family, then so be it..........hopefully, if god is willing, i find a great man, that wouldnt mind spending some money on our special day...and i totally believe that since its OUR special day, i should definitely be spending some of my own money as well......basicaly its up to the people, of course you have to use your head, like the saying goes" if u cant buy two, then dont buy one", in other words, if you really cant afford, dont waste your time......so if the two lovebirds want to share their happiness, then so be it....

LoL @ Miz Alpha, Ameenah, Mammi and harmony! Wots this, the London mafia? :D

Alpha...hope ur enjoying Toronto, heard that they've got fine brothas, tho I cant imagine anybody comparing to our London lads! ;)

MD   

A big wedding is just something every girl dreams about..

Originally posted by QoxootiMammi:

In my opinion most Somali weddings are a completely disorganised 'shindig' where no one seems to know what is going on, let alone the bride and groom.

Agree with u on that, What somalis need to understand is that just b/c it's a somali wedding doesn't mean ur invited ... redface.gif hard for them to absorb that

I was at this wedding two weeks ago it was funny how everyone in the little city showed up, and then whenever the food is not enough they'll be like "oh arooska cuunta ficaan ma'olin"

...lol..harmony..me too..miss y'all like crazy..

Cute gurl..well said sis...but think of how u u could spend your money on your future kids and house rather than blow it on one night...dont u think thaz make sense sis??

magnoona gurl...wateva makes u happy sis...i woz jus putting ma point of views across..thnx fo your input sis

princess...inshallah sis....wateva god has planned fo us would happen at the end of the day...but the way i see it is as responsible people we have to make our decision of our lives in this world to better our future in our eyes and Allah's eyes...

Barwaaqo...lol...join the london commitee sis...am the chairwoman icon_razz.gif oh gurl and toronto dont have no manz sis..u get me..dey all fake n wonnabees...miss ma london manz tho..stick to yours if u got one.... ;)

Lool hijabified sis....waa ruunta sis....imagine spending thousands on one nite then pple dissing your nite...kinda leaves a sour taste on my tongue :( :confused: cajaaib..

Senora   

Originally posted by mz-alpha-soup:

princess...inshallah sis....wateva god has planned fo us would happen at the end of the day...but the way i see it is as responsible people we have to make our decision of our lives in this world to better our future in our eyes and Allah's eyes...

Ms_Alpha=soup...at the end of the day, your totally right..........thats all that matters...

I personally would like to have a decent..nice wedding but if tha means spendin a lil bit here or there then am re-think that but honestly am not too much concerned of what people will say of my husband nor the wedding the next day or yrs to come for that matter..its just a preferrence of mine..am not goin to be unreasonable and demand a huge weddin if its not in my significant otha's financail reach that would be ridicious of me but if he could and able to why not.... am sure each and every one of us would love to have a wonderful wedding regards it be mix or not...