Sign in to follow this  
Juxa

appeal to all nomads

Juxa   

sa wr wb,

i am currently doing some project and i would like to ask for yr assistance.

i would like to hear from.

- teachers, education experts

- nurses, midwives, health experts

- fashion addicts

- cooks, old/modern food

anyone who has something worthwile to tell, successful stories, self-made pple, somalis who has achieved the impossible

well pls get intouch, i tell ya more then ;)

IL CAPO   

Originally posted by juxa:

sa wr wb,

anyone who has something worthwile to tell,

I don't mind helping you with your project but it will cost you and if you are willing to foot the bill then i am the man that you should give a buzz

or should i say $.

Peace.Salam.Nabad.Salama.Huo Ting.Simunye.

posted by FEBYAARO..Juxa Afka in aan jug isku siino waaye hee maxaa sugee

Bal ilkaha ha iska tuurina waa idin baryaa yaayeee......

juxa xaajiyo u hav come to the right place...assistance u will be showered with fanaxleey

asxantu

Jaabir   

I got a cousin who was a prosecutor and now a district judge, his life is a true success story masha alaah.. I will ask him if he don’t mind being part of your project. :cool:

posted by Darman

I got a cousin who was a prosecutor and now a district judge, his life is a true success story masha alaah.. I will ask him if he don’t mind being part of your project.

oooooooook my father invented MICROWAVE ..so i will ask him if he doesn't mind being part of ur project madam juxa....ok

asxantu

Juxa   

sa wr wb,

j11, thnx iam counting on you

feebaro and his side kick shoobaro, pls this is serious, i know u are capable, so dont lemme down.

somalsijui, bro sofar all i can offer u is instant fame, iam sure that will sit well with u. the rest will follow so i ask yr patience

darman, walaalo that sounds real great. could u pls do that

NOTE. this is real serious. if u can help. pls lemme know. if not tnx anyway. i wait and iam sure we got it within us.

IL CAPO   

sa wr wb,

somalsijui, bro sofar all i can offer u is instant fame, iam sure that will sit well with u. the rest will follow so i ask yr patience

Fame?Mmmmhhhhhh!

I am already famous especially around those comrades that i have been chewing with my fresh Kangeta for the past 6 years but what i haven't experienced yet is being FILTHY RICH...so can you make me rich?

Jaabir   

Originally posted by SHOOBARO:

posted by Darman
quote:I got a cousin who was a prosecutor and now a district judge, his life is a true success story masha alaah.. I will ask him if he don’t mind being part of your project.

oooooooook my father invented MICROWAVE ..so i will ask him if he doesn't mind being part of ur project madam juxa....ok

asxantu
Brother you went with the wrong drift on that one.... I didn’t mention my cosine’s success out of context, I was only responding to sis Juxa’s request for success stories. And I had to get his consent first since no one wants his privacies violated…

BTW.. I am only proud of my achievements, not another person’s… even if he is my own cosine…

Ya feel me..

p.s. can you please ask you dad if he can hook me up with a Microwave.. ;)

posted by Darman

BTW.. I am only proud of my achievements, not another person’s… even if he is my own cosine…

Ya feel me..

ooow i feel ya......but but am the type of guy who is proud of my achievments and the achievments of my family and friends...and ur cousin tooo...cuz if i ur NOT happy for others...wat does that make u...SHELLFISH may be ....now do u feeeeeel meh......

JUXA sorry baby gal i know i promised...but let it slip n slide this time..aight....BIG MAC ON UR FORHEAD

asxantu

Juxa   

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :mad: :mad: :mad:

i wont post this if i was not serious.

can u please stop being like 4habrood oo madaxshub la iskugu keenay.

thank you.

it does nt matter, your story, yr awoowe's story

MOI is interested. pls lemme know. stop wahsida. and get posting. shukran

Haneefah   

4habrood oo madaxshub la iskugu keenay.

Sis, somaaligaagu aad buu ii cajabiyaa ma ogtahay, lol....but this one had me stuck....the heck is "madaxshub"?

back to the topic...sure, u can count me in too...I won't hesitate to share what little I know, if anything...Insha'Allah ;)

Baashi   

Success story – self-made nomads!

Typical Somalis in the West are young self-made nomads who excelled in the face of difficult and very challenging life situations. They are the Somali qaxootis in San Diego, Toronto, Minneapolis, Seattle, Atlanta, Nashville, Alexandria, etc.

They were not lucky enough to have stable life, well-off parents, undisrupted schooling, or fun and memorable adolescence. They've tasted the bitter reality of civil war, spent most of their adolescent life fleeing with their parents in search of refuge.

They've lived in completely impoverished refugee camps lacking resources or the means of subsistence. Camps administered by ajnabi, who just don’t understand Somalis and their ways, and surrounded by hostile local people.

They've seen their parents in a very compromising circumstances begging for medicine, or standing in line waiting hours to receive the daily rations for the children, or pushed around by other parents in a fight to get water from the only water tab in the camp. They have been through a lot at early age.

From the refuges camps in Ethiopia and Kenya to the sophisticated urban centers of the West, they’ve faced yet another set of challenges, culture shock, language barrier, discrimination, racism, and poverty of different kind. They come with high expectation and their parents and other relatives expected, and some instances demanded, too much from them.

Young, inexperienced, and with language barrier, they showed diligence. They worked hard as cab drivers, as cashiers, as janitors, as assembly workers to make sure that mom in Nairobi, Baidowa, Galkacio, Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Kismayo, Kampala, gets her monthly allowance to make the ends meet. When faced unemployment prospect or imminent lay off you would hear them say Allah aa jooga or kheyr ay noqoneysaa, or waa la moodaa! Saber, perseverance, optimism, understanding, and responsibility, they showed all at tender age.

Not they only worked hard and supported their loved ones back home but they also went back to school starting from square one. In most cases they've succeeded in attaining degree from an accredited colleges and universities. From humble beginnings, through very difficult life full of tragedy and sad memories, they have achieved their potential. I know six of these qaxootis by name. They are nurses, self-employed business owners, engineers, and lawyers.

I had a roommate who worked two shifts in four days and went full time school. He graduated with engineering degree. I know a fellow who used to work as assembly worker in Seagate (high tech company in Minnesota) and who couldn’t speak English fluently. He went on to become one of the most successful nomads I know in person. He quitted his assembly job to sell phone cards. After eight years, he now owns gas stations in Mozambique, jewelry shops in three cities in America, as well as senior citizen nursing home. He employs nurses, three of them! My brother advised him not to quit his job for selling cards. His answer to him at the time: “I used to sell tomatoes when I was very young in Ansaloti market in Waberi…I know what I’m doing brotherâ€. I was in school at the time. He went ahead selling cards and he’s done very well. I've learned from him that confidence in one’s self, courage, and knowing what you want in life are the stuff success is made of. That is success story – a unique one indeed. There you have it juxa, it is not personal but rather generic one.

Off topic:

Originally posted by Baashi:

gas stations in Mozambique

Baashe, that is it. That is him. Waa ina Qansax Odawaa. ;) You may add the big Bulukeeti factory he has in Zambia. :D

I think we know the same folks. Small world indeed.