Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Don't Worry I am NOT Somali

Nephissa   

War maxaa dhacay, it got out of hands-e. This is not another battle of the sexes. Hanooga cayaarina meesha. I repeat this is not Somali men vs. Somali women. Blaming it on others(aniga maaha, waa isaga) is Waxa ay Somalia ku baa'baday. So Stop it.

Some of you came here to defend this, some condemned it, but nobody gave any suggestions on how to make this behaviour less attractive.

I realize making a big furore about the behaviour of such people only enhances their reputation, but is there any way to break this cycle up? To stop our children rejecting all the good values our society has to offer?

Is there no way we can have a more positive and, creative outlet for children to sample?

Why are we so screwed up that we fail to produce decent role models for our children? Answer that Rag & Dumarba you are equally responsible.

Qac Qaac   

Bishaaro maxaa wakhtiga laa dhumim, qof walba wuu yaqaan jawaabta saxda ah, laakiin dadka diyaar uma aha marka saas baa la isku qayliyaa magaratay.

Raula.. mayee adi is dul saar haddaad rabtid. mataa kaniini yahay.

Som@li   

dhamaan waa la idin salaamay,, meesha feedh iyo laad baa ka dhacay,,arinka "Don't worry I'm not Somali" ma aha sheeka cusub,mindi mindi ku taagu ma wanaagsana,dadka dhaqanka iyo sharafta diinteena ka dhaqaaqay waa laga helaayaa wiilasha iyo gabdhahaba.

Waa hore aniga oo khaliijka jooga baan waxaan maqlay in raga somalida qaar ka mid ahi ay labiska Sudanta xirtaan,,lahjada carabiga ee suudaanta na bartaan si ay u shukaansadaan gabdhaha somaliyeed. su 'aashu waxay tahay lakiin waa maxay waxa uu ninka soomaliga ahi soomalinimo ku waayey,,uu ajnabi iskaga dhigayo?? :rolleyes:

Arinka ku khasbay in ay gabdhaha qaarkood ay sheeka lawadaagaan dadka aan soomalida ahayn waa arin iska cad,,iyogo oo kabaqaya in raGA SOMALIYED UU war ka faafiyo,,saaxiibadii ugu waramo. laakiin taasi marnaba uma noqonayso daliil. runtiina lama yaabni IN HADA LA SOO WARIYO IN ethipiankii,,jamaykaankii,,IWMku ay ku jilaabtaan "Don't worry I'm not Somali".

wasalaam

The art of male bashing has become a cultural phenomenon now, huh.

Some people's insecurities don't even stop at the doors of cyberspace. Peace.

Waaq   

This post has gotten out of control. This phenomenon happens in so many groups, I know from first hand experience that Indians and Arabs have the same shit. In Eastern culture women get a raw deal, they are held to such high standards. When they want to get their groove on they want to do it as discretely as possible, thus the desire to run away from the men from their culture who potentially has some connection to their life. Also in Eastern cultures people like to talk about other people. Yeah gossip is in every culture, but people from the east think everything is there business. Going to a club does not mean anything other than you want to have a good time. Now of course some people define a good time differently then others.

On this point I will generalize. While I know lots of upstanding Faraax's like Baashi, and many others. Most of the faraax's are lazy *** losers that ruin it for the rest of the faraax's. What every happen to the noble, hard working, proud, intelligent somali men now being replaced by the wanna-be thug, welfare taking, lazy-*** , qat chewing, unhealthy looking faraax's that are running rampant all over the place. I just had the opportunity to do a world tour of sorts, which took me to many Somali spots. In every damn community the faraax's were a disgrace (in about an 80% disgrace 20% non-disgrace ratio). Never in my life have I been ashamed to be a Somali, NEVER!!!! until I came back from this trip. So before we go on bashing Somali women, let the faraax's take a look at themselves.

Unfortunately all of these vices are spreading to our women at an alarming rate. It is time to start kicking some butt! This state of affairs in making all our ancestors turn over in their graves. The Somali nation is suffering, we better worry about improving ourselves and our prospects before we go attacking some women in a club.

Blah, Blah, Blah...and so on

all ya'll need to shut up and get a life..both Somali men and woman do wrong-and it ain't cause they are in the west. THis issue was goin on before any of all was born and still today its going on...Every culture faces this problem with the increase of each generation and the exposure they get to the outside world(da foreigners)...

-what i really don't understand is why my Somali brothers feel threatened by Afro-american brothers..ya'll should be happy your sistahs aint lying next to the devil, i mean da white man.

-another think I don't understand is why my Somali sistahs beleive they are too good for the Somali brothas out here..most of them are fine brothas who if they remain with the somali culture and traditions make good hubbies and friends.

-third, all these issues this forum is dealing with is an individual problem/dilemma that most Somali's face...there is an insecurity in most that causes them to overlook their own kind and see "good" in those who are different...they look for fault in da wrong places...

It is funny the Somali Guys that bash Somali Women are the ones that are not able to engage any conversation with the Xalimos romantically or otherwise. Their inability to approach Somali women turns into frustration which leads to bashing. Come on my fellow Faaraxs, stop being a chicken, and make some moves.What is the worst thing a woman could do to you other then saying No. No harm done, and move on. Try your moves on the next Xalimo. I can't believe Faarax would stand by, and watch a Ethio walk away with a sista.

As for the issue of Sumcad, Ok there is Somali gay in our town. In Somali standard, that's the worst thing one could become.Somali males are no different than from female counterparts when it comes to follow the accepted Islamic code of behavior. Besides, whether you are in the States, China or Somalia, there were, are and will be Somali guys will do anything that moves, and Somali girls that will put out faster then one could say hello. N every society is da same.

Xoogsade   

This is funny topic loool. This is Lovely! "I am not somali" looooooool. Ceeb badanaa. The other Day, this Ethiopian dude who is the MIS guy at our work was telling me the same thing. He said Somali girls like to fool around with Ethiopians even if they are covered conservatively(pantomiming and showing me what he meant by the conservative cover). I laughed at his comment and told him that is because you guys(ethiopians) are for short-term(just for them to get laid) and we(Somalis) are for the long-term(for marriage and being burdened) to which my Ethiopian friend gleefully replied; EXACTLY, with elation and understanding. I made that comment for lack of a better reply. If I believed he was lying, I would have confronted him, but knowing for sure that he was telling the truth, well, What else could I say? OR IN MY CASE, WHO CARES. He knew I didn't care and would be cool about it in the first place.

I don't get concerned or worry much about this trend. Not because I go out with a nonsomali woman or plan to and I am excusing what these girls are doing. But I came to learn to not care. My philososphy is, Women are all the same and what differentiates them is the culture of Islam right? I mean, isn't that the reason we gravitate towards our own although there are other women who are as beautiful as them Somali women or Better(in the case of Blonds lol)? Just for the culture? So it follows, If a somali woman does the same things a nonmuslim woman does, to me, the Somali girl lost whatever special status she held. Blood relationship has no value in this case.

About time Somali guys abondoned calool jileeca. The Motto should be: Aniga lee ha isoo marin hadhoow and do as you wish.