Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Worst Travel Destination Experience...

Baluug   

OK, so what you guys are saying is that London is a no-go. Check. I could imagine that if I went without a bodyguard, Muqdisho would be my nightmare destination. I might not last as long as that poor BBC reporter.

Originally posted by Daanyeer:

^ Man are you out of your friggin mind? London girls?

We have some beautiful girls here in Holland, but every now and then I have to go to England to rest my eyes. I mean they're ugly over there. I've seen babies crying once they got exposed to Londoners.

Damn those folks, brush your teeth, that's all I'm saying.

Some beautiful girls, you say Monkey-Boy? I suppose so...the ones used as window decorations in any case. The rest seem to be rather manly.

London girls are nothing if not sickeningly stylish. :cool:

Caano Geel,

Many an 'effing' cyclist has been killed by a white van/red bus.

Sayyid   

Worst travel destinations?

Anywhere/thing south the river and the whole of the Eastside.

We might be the fourth largest economic in the world but it is quiete evident for all to see the dismise of London.

London is old, overcrowed, overpriced, overvalued and unhygienic.

The city is brought to a standstill together with its main airports when the weather changes a little bit for the bad or small snow falls or a little more rain than usual.

The trains are overcrowed, dirty and simply not worth for the expensive prices we pay.

I pay the eqvialent of $200 of monthly travelcard and I can't see any value for money.

Shopping is non-existened apart from a couple of high-street stores and supermarkets who sell their own cheap and qualitless products.

People are mostly welcoming and very cheerful but I would say they're mostly busy and under time pressure.

We suffer from Anti-social behaviour and a youth and children folk that has come out of control. In london you can urinate on the bus, in the shopping mall, train and even on the stations undetected and unchallenged.

Everyone is his/her own lord and you can go away with most behaviours that would be classed punishable if not criminal.

The city is home to some three hundred languages and every culture you could think off. British people are very polite and tolerent and different cultures co-exist although sometimes tension arise from minor misunderstandings.

Simply the people of London don't care you could be a tramp and a vagabundo or atleast dressed like one and still apply for a decent job.

Believe me I've seen people with tatoo's and the most unusual piercings and hairstyles I ever saw working in a clean and rather pleasant office environment.

Most londeners help themself to a little bit illegal cash and earnings and other doggy money getting excercises.

There is nothing to see here Tower Bridge is crap, so is Big Ben, Houses of parliament, whitehall, oxford street, westend, city, trafalgar square, mayor's office, dome, london eye, science museum, nation history museum, british museum, different art-galleries all crap.

You might aswell stay at home and may not bother at all. If you plan to come to london this summer go rather to a more sunnier place like the bahamas or barbados or any other island in the pacific ocean.

PS. Londoneres are really cool and they don't give monkeys about your attitude. BTW heathrow is also the worlds largest smuggling airport in the whole developed world. You might bring a missle with you aswell it would certainly go undetected.

The staff are great and clueless. You won't have any problems that is ofcourse you don't come in contact with the numerous Afro-Carribean and Indian immigration officials who have to proof themselves more than their white counterpart.

If you want to live in small anarchy with complex and sometimes ridiculous realities than you're most welcome to join us in this absurd but very funny country that is called "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Priceless the name says it all.

No bad experience but i have alot of info on American cities and states

Ok its a good topic cuz I am about to go overseas for the 1st time since I left africa. I am going to kenya via dubai and uganda. I hear Dubai is nice and Uganda and Kenya is home so I am not worried about that. Never been in Europe unless you count couple hour os transit in brussel on my 1st overseas trip 2 America.

But I have been on 43 of the 50 states in America. Also Canada and Mexico. So i can give you some pretty good info on America.

My favorite big city is Toronto, then San Diego and Seattle. But southern California is one of my favorite destinations, alot of beautiful cities right beside each other. But two city has caught my attention recently. Seattle really impressed me on my 1st trip there. It has all my favorite characterics that I like in a city. Sea, mountains, forest, and Snow but not very cold. Also Flagstaff, Arizona, Denver, Colorado, and Salk city, Utah on top of the rockies very beautiful. Am telling America has a beautiful country.

London, New York city and other big cities are not built for everybody. I spent six weeks in New York city and I loved it but I will never live there even if u give a million bucks. Rude people, bad roads(big potholes on highways), dirty, crowded, etc I like that environment but its not meant for everybody. But no city on earth is like New York City.

Here some qualities

DC......Best clubs in the country...Vegas/NYC/ATL 2nd

NYC.....Best food in the country.....Chicago 2nd

NYC....Best public transit in the country

Southern State.....For their hospitality..freindly

More facts later

STOIC   

The worst travel experience for me will be Columbus,Ohio. `Other than rolling farmland there isn't much to see there icon_razz.gif .

The best place to visit now is Atlanta (No bias there :D ).More and more people are visiting the city now than ever because of the opening of the world's Largest Aquarium .According to the Aquarium website there are more than 100,000 animals in a 8 million gallon of fresh water (can you beat that eh? :D ).

Laba-X   

Salaan Sare...

You summed it up all Salaxudin! one Travel Guide website described London as "a cosmopolitan mix of Third and First Worlds, chauffeurs and beggars, the stubbornly traditional and the proudly avant-garde"

Too many tourists from the other side of the Atlantic are often too complacent to broaden their horizons and often their whole World just revolves around America. Thats why most of them get hit by double-deckers in London. I was watching the news a few months ago when an American tourist got hit by a double-decker just a few hours after he landed. he got hospitalised and as soon as he got out he had to go back to his country - What a Holiday for the poor chap!

I second Rockstar - My worst travel destination is Paris. They cal clearly see that you are a foreigner but will never converse with you in English, even the Travel Information Centres. It must be the inherent hate they have for the Brits i guess!

Danyeer, If Holland is that good, then why the huge influx of you guys and your Schatje's in UK. Hollandies people are taking the UK by storm!

Nephissa   

I don't have to think too long about this question.

Worst Travel Destination

^^ It'd have to be London. Bloody awful, and cold. Slept wearing my winter coat, gloves, and ear muffs on. Shaize!

It has always been my dream to go to Austrailia and New Zealand. I would love to spend a bit of time in the outback...just enough to know why I would not want to go there again! I would love to wander the beaches on the gold coast, hike in the hills of New Zealand and fantasize about Legend Of Zu riding over the next hill on his magnificant horse to wisk me away! :D

It would also be overwhelming to stand on the Great Wall of China. Of course, it's all dreaming. I have to go do my dishes now.

Katrina   

Salahuddin Ayoubi, your comments and advice about London was the last nail in the coffin. :D For years, I've been promising myself a visit to Europe, in particular London. As a graduation gift I decided to reward myself by fulfilling the promise. Lately, I've been contemplating cancelling (summer in Europe) leaving me more $$$ to travel around the states, insha'allah. Your post made me feel I made the right decision, mucho gracias amigo. smile.gif

I totally agree with Section6er. DC is my favorite club scene, Atlanta comes a close 2nd (both cities have the hottest brothers ever...yummy) San Diego is where my heart longs for...beautiful beaches and delightful weather all year long, sighs. I've been turning down invitations to visit Boulder, Colorado for yrs but recently I've been hearing it's a must visit destination. Toronto is another city I'd luv to visit (I heard the best time is during the August Caribana festival), insha'allah, I'll be visiting 'em all this summer. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Legend Of Zu riding over the next hill on his magnificant horse to wisk me away! :D

QUOTE]

^^^ I am honored ... ^^^ With That I will teach you how to ride a horse.

Cheers

Modesty   

My worst travel experience was when I was coming from Toronto to the states. I had to take greyhound!! The greyhound customs station in Michigan was not very lovely. I was wearing black abaya, with a long hijab, they took us to the back, these two custom ladies frisked us and lo and behold they didn't find any WMD. I was stuck there for 3 hours, and from then on I decided to never take greyhound to Toronto, I will take the plane next time,insha'Allah.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^u're supposed to whisk her away not bless her with a new skill.
;)

Lol. Exactly my sentiments. War wax isku fal & "Wisk" her away. Bal where the hell do You wanna get wisked away to?[err on a second thought dont tell me :D ]

You are already in Australia or N/zealand what better place do wanna go to?[Err again dont tell me :D ].Teeda kale,no mention of a maxram,see camal?? smile.gif:D

Somali baa waxey tiri: Baadi nin aan lahayn bay agjoogtaa :D

*Sigh*

Posted by Faarax

Somali baa waxey tiri: Baadi nin aan lahayn bay agjoogtaa
:D

LooL Ooo hada ma bishaaro baa lagaa celin ya'yahay faaraxoow? mise waxaad ka carootay maskiin nimada Zu? :D

Sheh, kulu fidna cindi geel waa adiga, janbalka aad xoortay fiiri. :D:D