Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's book club

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

I'm reading this now .... impressive. I will finish the whole series soon Insha Allah ,,,

twilight-movie-poster.jpg

:eek: :eek: I hate to judge people but I have a very low opinion of the folks who read this book. Its absolutely not worth the ink on those pages. I hope you reading it on Kindle 2 :D

Salma   

Originally posted by chubacka:

This came through the post after ages.

book_princess.jpg

Anyone read it?

(Peacenow?!
icon_razz.gif
)

I read it maybe on 2002, anyway the author used to live in KSA in the palace of royal family member in KSA... I guess it's a trilogy, I remember when ordered them from Amazon.com, they were blacklisted (banned) and not allowed to enter the UAE.. I was like :eek: , is it gonna pass the cutoms department or not (anyway they would have destroyed it without informing me). But, now after seven years, you can find them in any bookshop...

Anyway,,, I was fascinated about it at that time for the secrets and scandals revealed..

If you have extra time, read it,, if u have a busy daily schedule,,, go for a better novel :D

Did anyone read the White Tiger, I liked it...

chubacka   

^ I remember it was on our uni reading list, along with all the professors own books :rolleyes: It was interesting talking about his life and the ideas he had but I wouldn't read it for fun! (although its v. short) How you finding it?

Originally posted by *Salma*:

book_princess.jpg

I read it maybe on 2002, anyway the author used to live in KSA in the palace of royal family member in KSA... I guess it's a trilogy, I remember when ordered them from Amazon.com, they were blacklisted (banned) and not allowed to enter the UAE.. I was like :eek: , is it gonna pass the cutoms department or not (anyway they would have destroyed it without informing me). But, now after seven years, you can find them in any bookshop...

Anyway,,, I was fascinated about it at that time for the secrets and scandals revealed..

If you have extra time, read it,, if u have a busy daily schedule,,, go for a better novel :D.

I think they must of read it and realised she will probably annoy most ppl with her poor little rich girl moaning rather than inspire some revolution amongst saudi women.

Found the woman so annoying and moany, inside one of her 4 palaces, getting her feet massaged and bemoaning her terrible misfortune. :rolleyes:

Also some parts of it were not very believable although she says everything is true. If that wasn't terrible enough she insists on writing another 2 books. :(

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

n157882.jpg

Anyone read Coram Boy? One of my fav books of all time.

4528758348.jpg

4529996489.jpg

Playing the Enemy or as it is titled now Invictus, by John Carling. Nelson Mandela and the game that made a nation. An inspirational story.

Best book I have read in ages, it was much better than the film Invictus, which was based on the Carling book. ;)

^^^I dont mind that at all, I liked the movie, but the book was much better, more informed, delved with the politics of the time in a way, Eastwood missed.