Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Fun with knives ...

A Somali teenager has stabbed to death his father's killer in a public execution ordered by an Islamic court.

Large crowds gathered at a Koranic school in Somalia's capital to watch 16-year-old Mohamed Moallim, stab Omar Hussein in the head and throat.

Hussein was convicted of killing Mohamed's father, Sheikh Osman Moallim, after a row about his education.

_41628020_qisaas61_203.jpg

Islamic courts have brought a semblance of order to Mogadishu, imposing Sharia law after years of rule by warlords.

However there is some opposition to the courts. A group of warlords has been fighting a militia loyal to the Islamic courts, which they accuse of links to al-Qaeda.

Under Sharia law those who commit murder are punishable by death.

Hussein was tied to a stake and had his head covered by a bag ahead of his execution. He shouted "There is no God but Allah" as Mohamed Moallim stepped up to take his revenge.

Speaking afterwards, Mohamed said he felt satisfied that Hussein was dead.

"I am happy now because I killed the man who killed my father," he told the Reuters news agency.

The execution marked the first time the local court in the Bermuda district of Mogadishu had handed down a death penalty, local media reported.

Residents in the nearby area have reported a drop in robberies, murder and general lawlessness since the court began its work, Radio HornAfrik said.

There has been no effective central government in Somalia for 15 years, leaving warlords to fight for control of local areas.

source

Maf Kees   

Shocking news. If this is justice in Somalia than Ilaah baa uu maqan Soomaalida. How the hell can you stab a man to death as an execution? Hanging or a fatal gunshot in the soft spot in the back of your neck, but stabbing? You're not even allowed to stab animals, so it doesn't surprise me how the man managed to break the chain after the stabbings. The pain is unbearable if a dagger was jacked in your neck and ribcage.

If they way the public execution took place makes you feel sorry for the killer, than there is something wrong with the execution.

muunad   

"I am happy now because I killed the man who killed my father,">>>>>>>>>>>>>

god someone should tell this kid about forgivness and the fact the HE killed someone,maybe someones else's father,brother, uncle etc..

TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT.

khalad khalad maa saaxo(pardon my somali).

This s quiet sad and disturbing, and they call this sharia, Its like humanity has taken a high jump out of close by window, while full filling so called sharia or what ever You call such barbaric acts, I doubt even the romans were that barbaric in their era.