Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Marry a guy who delivers pizzas?

Why doesn't the women with the degree and high paying job work for a few years (4-6) to help her husband through school? So he can acheive something himself? Just because he isn't Mr. CEO doesnt mean he's a loser. There are alot of other factors people tend to ignore when they are so quick to judge. Of course, If I (black, muslim, woman---> three stricks against me) am able to accomplish something with my life...I expect the same or better from him. However, having a low paying job isnt something to be ashamed of. It's still better than begging, which we should all avoid if we are able to.

Pujah   

Sorry Fidel I haven't read the article. Its late and the article is bit too long besides I can already guess what its about.

Marry a guy who delivers pizzas?

No, thanks. Who said staying single wasn't an option.

Edited: I agree with FF helping the brother get formal education is not a bad idea, provided he will kiss my feet. icon_razz.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by Alaina:

Edited: I agree with
FF
helping the brother get formal education is not a bad idea, provided he will kiss my feet.
icon_razz.gif

Scenario: Girl goes to school. Girl gets a degree. Boy drops out of school. Boy gets a driver license. Girl gets a job in a downtown highrise. Girl is getting paid. Boy can't get a job downtown. Boy uses driver license to deliver pizza. Girl's boss orders pizza for the office. Boy delivers pizza. Girl sees boy. Girl things he's HOT. Boy sees girl. Boy thinks she's double HOT. Girl wonders why boy this hot settles for delivering pizza. Boy feels bad for he knows what Girl is thinking. Boy gets good tip. Boy leaves. Girl feels sad for boy. Boy is sh!t out of luck.

And that, boys and girls, is the end of the story.

Goonle   

Originally posted by Jomaana:
I have seen countless marriages where sisters are more educated than the man and as usual they have all ended up in divorce

I have seen it too. Thats also one of the reasons im really skeptical about marrying a guy that has no education. I dont want to have a divorce in my record.

U so full of it. So if a brother has no education and a shit load of money u wanna tell me your gold diggin tdot butt wont marry him? The reason a brother would divorce the likes of u would be for your real intentions of greed that u hide behind education. :D:D:D

Haddad   

Originally posted by Jomaana:

im educated and broke like a joke ... i dont mind marrying a brotha who has a degree or a diploma and broke like myself. Ive been through school, i know how hard it is to find a job and i know how hard it is to save.

Profits in education are only made by the institutions who provide it. Education today is inflated & diluted, and it's meant to be so in order to maximize the profits. You keep hearing about people who upgrade or update their education, those who change or shift careers. All that, just to get a decent job. The truth is, there aren't enough decent jobs, and the few there are can only be get through clouts. It's really hard for the locals to get it, let alone immigrants who daydream about it. The sad thing is, the tens $thousands spent on a degree is almost worthless in one's homeland. Let's see; an international economist, a nuclear scientist or an aeronautic engineer seeking a job in a stable Somalia. You get the picture.

Kashafa   

The sad thing is, the tens $thousands spent on a degree is almost worthless in one's homeland. Let's see; an international economist, a nuclear scientist or an aeronautic engineer seeking a job in a stable Somalia. You get the picture.

Not so, good Hadaad. An emerging Somalia will definitely need( and compensate accordingly) highly trained individuals in all fields necessary for a modern state to thrive on. That includes international economists and aeronautic engineers. Add to that nuclear scientists if we're to follow Pakistan's lead.

Nomads would be well-served to pursue and spend whatever it takes on a purposeful and mapped-out education. A 100 grand isn't too much in the long run.

P.S. Of course the smartest option is to have the banks fund ur education through student loans. Once you get that paper, you can write them a thank you note stating how you are now employed in an anonymous Eastern Country, making six figures, and have no intention in paying them back. Not down with the whole "usury thing", see.

Castro   

Originally posted by rudy:

well, our community thinks that just cuz u have a highly expensive piece of paper from a dogmatic

institution, that u all that and moo!

Wrong. Every community thinks that. No exception. In fact, ours is the most forgiving of the uneducated. They're ostracized in other communities and live in ghettos and trailer parks. Again, for those who still don't understood the topic, this here is not a debate on the merits of education, that's another Oprah show. The article and the study are speaking of the disparity between the number of women graduating from college and that of men. The ramifications of such disparity and the long term effects if the trend continues. Simple? Yes. Real? Sure, we see it all around us.

Mine will be a struggle to protect my girls from the stup!d, the uneducated, the violent and those who may be educated but for some reason education failed to bring them out of the darkness and into the light. And I would gladly forego being a grandfather if all that remained were the above.

Pujah   

P.S. Of course the smartest option is to have the banks fund ur education through student loans. Once you get that paper, you can write them a thank you note stating how you are now employed in an anonymous Eastern Country, making six figures, and have no intention in paying them back. Not down with the whole "usury thing", see.

But would you pay them the principle?

Pujah   

^^ I am with kashafe there but I would pay them only the 25k they spent on me and not a penny more...these interest can add up.

Originally posted by Fidel:

Scenario: Girl goes to school. Girl gets a degree. Boy drops out of school. Boy gets a driver license. Girl gets a job in a downtown highrise. Girl is getting paid. Boy can't get a job downtown. Boy uses driver license to deliver pizza. Girl's boss orders pizza for the office. Boy delivers pizza. Girl sees boy. Girl things he's HOT. Boy sees girl. Boy thinks she's double HOT. Girl wonders why boy this hot settles for delivering pizza. Boy feels bad for he knows what Girl is thinking. Boy gets good tip. Boy leaves. Girl feels sad for boy. Boy is sh!t out of luck.

And that, boys and girls, is the end of the story.

No,This is more like it.

Girl goes to school and gets a degree. Boy on the other hand drops out of school for whatever reason and starts driving taxi (this is more like it). Girl gets a high paying job at downtown where boy drives cab. One day girl decides to go shopping on her lunch hour and catches a cab. Girl thinks boy is hot and feels sorry for him giving him extra tip. Boy is intimidated and thinks the girl is stuck-up and why is she giving him extras he doesn’t need her money. Boy says oh no I wont take your money picking up hotties like you is the sole reason I drive this cap :D . Girl starts shopping every afternoon and boy is ready to give her lift. Girl thinks he is decent and decides inay jaf jafato and helps him go back to school. 4 yrs later the boy and girl are working together and living in the suburbs.

Castro   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

'cuz Hollywood's gonna turn ur brain into mashaari. Not Cool.

Ain't that the truth. Collateral was a good flick because of Foxx and Cruise. The sub-story about Pinkett and Foxx ended before we saw the move to the suburbs as Alaina fantasizes. Even the makers of the movie know better than to tackle such a hot rod of a social issue.

And, yes, gaal waa la dhici karaa. Just gotta be careful. In this case, the end does justify the bailing out. Education should be free anyway.

Originally posted by Alaina:

Girl starts shopping every afternoon and boy is ready to give her lift. Girl thinks he is decent and decides inay jaf jafato and helps him go back to school.

Alaina, jaf jafato is going to be really difficult here. Whatever made Boy leave school in the first place will make it doubly hard to return at age 30 or beyond. Man's ego and pride will be the straw that breaks Girl's back.

I'm not one to throw hadiths around but I recall something attributed to the prophet that speaks of compatibility of potential husband and wife. In terms of wealth, education and such. I may be wrong. It's just common sense, you see.