Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The Fifa World Player of the Year Award

well its always debatable when the Players nominated have no real difference. But Is the final Three below, really the best short list, and out of the list who deserves it the most? Who should have mayde the Shortlist and who would you boot out?

The Final Three

Well i would Leave Zizou there, (Infact he would in if it was down to me again) i would Sub the remaing 2 and instead include Include in their Position Nedved and perhaps Maldini.

Lets see if we can Get some Consesus or Riots smile.gif started here...

Bachelor   

What about Raul from Real Madrid or Ronaldinho from Barcelona...one of those two guys should be awarded both play well and specially one can see the change of game since Ronaldinho came to Barca ...About Ronaldo i agree, he should not be included this year.

Lefty   

In my opinion, two of the three finals really didn't qualify for this year's award!

If I'm voting, I would give either Germany Goalkeeper Oliver Kahn or David Beckam.

Baaniyal   

Ofcourse Shujui you would take Henry out,as you are among the anti-henry crowd. Even after he torched the italian grounds for the second year in a row. The italian press are on his ****,even Moggi is considering of getting him back to Juve.You already know that defenders never win this award,that's why Maldini would be disqualified right away. Zizou has been good,but nothing really spectacular. I think the reason Nedved has not been nominated is because FIFA world player of the year looks more into the players acheivement in the national side. I would think the european player of the year to go to Nedved. In truth i wouldn't vote for anyone,since i did not see any certain player to be spectacular in last years campaign. I think Henry is in there because of his Confederations cup performances. Zizou is Zizou no need to explain why he is in there,but Ronaldo? I don't remember him doing much last season,besides the goal feat at Old Trafford against Manchester United.

Well my vote has to go to Henry,because i am biased and also would be nice to see someone new win the damn thing.

i think am not too sure eithr that Ronaldo, but then he scored 30+ goals again taking Real to Champions League semi's and La Liga. Certainly from a footballing prespectve None around can currently come close to Zizou, he is A Legend.

However i dont think anyone really deserves it more than Nedved, because for club and country he has been simply remarkable over the last 18months, scoring freely from midfield taking Juve to a record 27 Title, and everyone saw just how mcuh he was missed in the Champions Leauge Final. Not to Mention Also Single handedly dragging The Cezch National Team to Euro 2004.

The reason why i dispare when i see Henry's name mentioned is that he hasnt won shit in the last year, and he has been nominated?? why.

If your going on Goals then Ruud Van Nisilroy winsh hands down. 44 Goals Inc 12 Champions Leauge Goals and he has one something (Albeit the Premership).

N.O.R.F   

Di Canio: I’m no cheat

Paolo Di Canio was furious after Charlton’s 1-1 draw with Leicester over the weekend following accusations of cheating. "I am not angry because they called me a cheat," said the Italian ace. "It has happened to me many times. I am angry because I should have had two penalties. I was taken down earlier on and the referee did nothing."

loooool, thats just made my day!

Pires backs Golden Shev

Arsenal’s Robert Pires claims that Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko should win the European Footballer of the Year award. "Thierry Henry doesn’t deserve the trophy," said the midfielder. "Shevchenko deserves the award because you have to win a major trophy and Milan did that last season."

Its a difficult one to call, winning a major trophy and not really exploding in the season, and not winning anything but performing week in week out. Play well and not win a thing, play average and win the CL.mmmmmmm

N.O.R.F   

Phat chance Arsenal will let him, phat chance he will want to go. Arsenal wivout Henry, who will do the running cos the rest of them dont do ish,,,,

Baaniyal   

well shujui that websites contents are questionable right away,you know why? Because Henry has been nominated for the World Footballer of the year award and is only named with 50 other footballers for the european award. So i find it laughable that Pires would make such a mistake since it's his country men that make the two awards--> World Footballer of the Year and the Ballon D'or two different awards. The shortlist for the Ballon D'or hasn't been made available yet,so why would Pires right away assume that it will be Henry and two others short listed for this one too?

I'll tell you why Henry is worthy of the World Footballer of The year award.

24 goals and 23 assists in the Premier League,Does Nedved even have that many assists in the Seria A?

7 goals in 12 CL games last season,just five short of RVN,who played a quarterfinal more than Henry.

MVP of this summers Confedarations Cup(Very Important for this award)

Lead scoring in the French National Teams qualifications for Euro 2004 and their 13 game unbeaten streak.

FA cup winner(but i guess that doesn't count,right?)

It is nonsense to say that Nedved single-handedly led his Czech squad to automatic qualification for Euro 2004,cause just like the French,they have quality players-->Rocisky,Koller and the influential Poborsky.

Juve was not spectacular last season,and much of their continuous victories was due to luck. Where was Nedved when Manchester was pummelling them at the dell Alpi? Juve almost didn't even qualify for the quarterfinals,a simple better head to head against a second rate basel side was their saviour. A lacklustre Real Madrid without a suspended Makelele is what they faced in the semis of the return leg at Turin which added to the streak of continued luck. Maybe we should associate Nedved with the irish Leprechaun,as when his CL dream ended so did Juve's.

HEEENNNRRRYYYYYY!

Historically the best player in the world have always been the No: 10 or Super Strikes like Pele, Maradonna, Van Basten, George Weah. Now looking at todays current crop, the are only 2 people i would readly add to such a list. They are Zidane, and Ronaldo. When both are fight and healthy, there is no competition mate smile.gif , even from Totti :D

I just dont belive that u serious belive henry to be a more important effective player than Nedved??

But then Juve we lucky to get all the way to the Champions league beating Depro, Barac, and Real on the way to teh final huh :rolleyes: ....lol com'on bro dont be so difficult.

Arsenal are not a great team, and without Henry, there are even more average. When has a player been crowned World Player of the Year without Winning shit?

Ronaldo and Ziziou at least won La Lig and the World Club Cup last year, and Nedved Seria And A Runners up medal in Champions Leauge.

FA Cup mate lol, what with Rotherom, and Teams like Acrington Stanley please.

If it deserves to go on merit then hands down, its Nedved, but on ability, There is no one even close to Ziziou. After havin the privilage of watching him live this weekend i was left awe struck.

He is the best Player in the world know no doubt.

Baaniyal   

Arsenal are not a great team, and without Henry, there are even more average. When has a player been crowned World Player of the Year without Winning shit?

Well this not so great team have managed to defeat 4 out of 5 of the so called big boys of the Seria A in the last 4 years of the CL

2003-2004

agregate scores

Arsenal 5-4 Inter

2002-2003

Arsenal 4-2 Roma

2001-2002

Arsenal 3-2 Juventus

2000-2001

Arsenal 3-1 Lazio

Also in 1999 Rivaldo was crowned World PLayer of the year,when barcelona won only the La Liga Title. Now since when did winning the domestic championship automatically qualify you for this award? In that year it should have been one of the Manchester players to win that award with their treble and all. It is the World PLayer of the year award and not the european award,so what the player did internationally in the last year is what really counts here. Henry was the MVP of the only world tourney that happened this year,also aiding his team in automatic qualification for euro 2004.

Baaniyal   

Why Include Ronaldo?

it seems that only you shujui questions the inclusion of Henry in the list. And yet you still would give the award to someone else because of your hatred towards him. When the whole world is buzzing about Henry,you stand alone to go against him. Which says quite alot about your idea of a good footballer.