Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

'IS BEAUTYY IN THE EYYE OF THE BEHOLDER???'

Khayr   

Salaams,

I just want to ask a question

to the SOL nomads and those that might be viewing this site.

IS BEAUTYY IN THE EYYE OF THE BEHOLDERR???

Inshallah, if we approach the question from different angles then we can have an interesting debate/discussion

and

Beauty can be defined in many ways

but then again....

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Khayr:

IS BEAUTYY IN THE EYYE OF THE BEHOLDERR???

As Shirwac said Beauty is relative, but if we are talking about physical beauty then I would have say that there is also “universal acceptance of beautyâ€â€¦where we all agree that he/she is BEAUTIFUL regardless their race or ethnicity.

Khayr   

Salaams,

Originally posted by Shirwac:

Beauty is relative. We'll elaborate this further from different angles insha-allah
:D

Beauty is Relative meaning You and I define

WHAT IS BEAUTIFUL???

Let's take a step in the other direction,

and define

the opposite of BEAUTY which is UGLYNESS

What is ugly and what influences most our definition of what is ugly?

a) Society

b Relgion

c) Individual

In deen, what is UGLY is what is shunned and forbidden by Allah and his rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) because

Uglyness is =/Equeated with what is Shaytanic and that which takes you away from Allah, that which Allah did not Bless.

So if we are to use this definition for Uglyness,

then can the definition of

Beauty be RELATIVE???

If the deen definies uglyness as that which Allah and his rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm)

FROWN UPON, then BEAUTY must be that which ALLAH AND HIS RASUL salallahu caliyhe wasilm) LOVE AND ADORE

for as the hadith goes

ALLAH IS BEAUTIFUL AND HE LOVES BEAUTY

SO if Beauty is in theee EYEEE of the BEHOLDERRR ,

what are you really stating.....

Brother Khayr

That statement still hold true, Islamically. As Allah says he will not judge us by our physical appearance but by our hearts.(Couldnt find the ayah)

Thus beauty i.e spiritual beauty is within the heart and the Beholder is but the Creator. Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, IT IS ONLY HE WHO CAN SEE THE PURITY/BEAUTY OF OUR HEARTS.

But also a beleiver is a mirror of the beleiver. So its possible for a beleiver to see the beauty of a fellow beleiver.(Criteria will be different as we say beauty is relative(iman,character)) And as the Quraan comments for them to hold and support each other. So beauty will be in the eye of the beholder, they shall marry and procreate amongst themselves.

Anyway thats my theory.

Pucca   

student:"sir, if allah loves all things beautiful and He is beautiful; that must mean that everything He creates must be beautiful too right?"

teacher:"correct."

student: "so then we really can't say some people are ugly because Allah created them...and he wouldn't create ugly people if He frowns upon what's ugly right?"

teacher: "correct, everyone's beautiful"

student: "so we can't call people ugly even if they look ugly to us because Allah created them beautiful, right?"

teacher: "correct"

*convo actually took place.*

we're all beautiful...even you smile.gif

Khayr   

[QB] student:"sir, if allah loves all things beautiful and He is beautiful; that must mean that everything He creates must be beautiful too right?"

teacher:"correct."

THEN THAT WOULD MEAN THAT "ALL IS GOOD" AND THAT THERE IS NO EVIL, NO HARM, NO UGLYNESS :eek:

student: "so then we really can't say some people are ugly because Allah created them...and he wouldn't create ugly people if He frowns upon what's ugly right?"

teacher: "correct, everyone's beautiful"

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING HERE-THAT WHAT ALL THAT ALLAH CREATES IS BLESSED??? Then that would mean that EVERYTHING IS HALAL B/C AFTER ALL IT IS BEAUTIFUL, IT IS BLESSED-RIGHT? :confused:

student: "so we can't call people ugly even if they look ugly to us because Allah created them beautiful, right?"

teacher: "correct"

WHAT ABOUT THE STRIPPER? IS SHE BEAUTIFUL? OR THE MURDER-ARE THEY BEAUTIFUL? OR THE ONE LEGGED BABY?

*convo actually took place.*

we're all beautiful...even you smile.gif [/QB}

Fi Amanillah

No. Beauty is not in the eye of beholder but in the object. Something beautiful is beautiful not becuz you think so.

If you didn't exist, would the beautiful object lose its beauty?

lol   

Khayr , so the wifey actually got you smarter he... guys you all need to get married... follow khayr's footsteps...lol.. Just kidding brotha Khayr. I actually liked your arguments... I am still trying to decide what is beautiful and wat is not. Am yet to see someone, everyone agrees universally that they are beautiful or ugly. So its kind of hard to defy the "Beauty is in the eyes of beholder" concept. So I'll get back to you, when I figure it out myself...

Pucca :D

Hmmmmm Beauty ...I would say its isn’t just in the eyes but in the taste, the feel, the moment, the touching, the talking, mannerism and the smell...................so to me seeing is just the beginning but real beauty comes with time...

Pucca   

...I would say its isn’t just in the eyes but in the taste, the feel, the moment, the touching, the talking, mannerism and the smell

now aint that something, so now ppl got to smell,feel and taste(taste in fashion or someother taste?) a certain way to be beautiful?. :rolleyes:

THEN THAT WOULD MEAN THAT "ALL IS GOOD" AND THAT THERE IS NO EVIL, NO HARM, NO UGLYNESS

khyr, "everything allah creates is beautiful" has nothing to with something/someone being evil.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING HERE-THAT WHAT ALL THAT ALLAH CREATES IS BLESSED??? Then that would mean that EVERYTHING IS HALAL B/C AFTER ALL IT IS BEAUTIFUL, IT

its like he doesn't even read things right..*shakes head* beautiful DOESN'T equal blessed; as for the halal stuff, well um does a beer bottle look ugly? :rolleyes:

WHAT ABOUT THE STRIPPER? IS SHE BEAUTIFUL? OR THE MURDER-ARE THEY BEAUTIFUL? OR THE ONE LEGGED BABY

yes the stripper is beautiful (thats why she's a stripper!) yes the one who kills is also beautiful (his deed dont make his physical appearance look ugly) and the one legged baby is HOT!! i cant believe you'd ask that! thats someone's child, and missing a leg doesn't ruin the overall beautiful of that child!

nuff said. we're all beautiful, even you...now smile already! smile.gif